Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: Karaoke Zip Files ERROR - Explanation and Solution - Page: 2

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I used Songverter from MTU which converts to / from a large number of formats.

I pointed it at the master directory for my Karaoke files, told it to include sub-directories and left it running.

Worked a treat, cost US$39 but I consider it money well spent.

Inviato Wed 12 Aug 09 @ 3:39 pm
Eccles2005 wrote :
I used Songverter from MTU which converts to / from a large number of formats.

I pointed it at the master directory for my Karaoke files, told it to include sub-directories and left it running.

Worked a treat, cost US$39 but I consider it money well spent.

I may look into that, thx!

DJ RuDe

Inviato Wed 12 Aug 09 @ 5:12 pm
Yea I get nothing as well not a single karaoke zip files will read in version 6.0.2. I only have like 20 karaoke cd's but not one zip file will play heck when I go to the karaoke folder where all my files are vdj list nothing. I have also converted some files back to mp3+cdg format and vdj will not see those files either. I have been a pro user for a long time so I reloaded v5[1].2.1 on a different computer and hooked up my external HD and bam all my files were there and played with out a flaw. what is the catch here is there something I am missing in VDJ settings?

Inviato Tue 06 Oct 09 @ 10:53 pm
Look to the right of the search bar and u will see 2 little circles, click on the one to the right and make sure Show Karaoke is checked.

Inviato Wed 07 Oct 09 @ 8:39 pm
I have no problem using karaoke on vj 6.2. except when i select karaoke in the effects tab it gives me an error (failed to start because of d3dx9_33.dll) was not found. Re-installing application may fix this problem. seems like a database issue. but i dont need to use this feature, was just wondering what it does. My karaoke plays fine from my hard drive.

Inviato Tue 13 Oct 09 @ 11:05 am
DjErnie2: Had the same problem. It has an easy solution. All you have to do to get the karaoke and other effekts woriking is to install directX. Then you are ready to rock.

Inviato Thu 15 Oct 09 @ 11:15 pm
OK I have been using VDJ for a few years now. I love it. However I am having quite a bit of trouble with my Karaoke CD's. I can't find the proper way to download them to my hard drive in the correct format so I can play and display the CD+G's that I have. They play the music porton but no words are displayed on the screen. Can anyone help this semi-computer iliterate out?

Inviato Mon 08 Mar 10 @ 2:36 pm
inferno140lm wrote :
OK I have been using VDJ for a few years now. I love it. However I am having quite a bit of trouble with my Karaoke CD's. I can't find the proper way to download them to my hard drive in the correct format so I can play and display the CD+G's that I have. They play the music porton but no words are displayed on the screen. Can anyone help this semi-computer iliterate out?

Go to www.powerkaraoke.com and get Power CD+G Burner. It will rip all your CD's into your hard drive and in the appropriate format (BIN, CDG+MP3, WAV+MP3, or ZIP). For some Karaoke CD's will automatically load all the song titles/artists for you. Only catch is, you have to be sure your CD Drive is compatible. One laptop I have will not work, but the two others I have will. I believe there is a list on the website of compatible drives. Hope this helps.

Inviato Tue 04 May 10 @ 9:23 pm
Hi Everyone. I thought I knew everything about karaoke, zip files, editing, tagging and so forth. But I bought the best music,video file editing and file manager there is on the market. Goto http://www.latshawsystems.com/Products.aspx if you want to get schooled in a big way on karaoke. This is the Product page. I own three products and NOBODY can tell me that this guy doesn't have his shit together. He will teach you why we don't need to zip karaoke. I just like to because If I delete something, I know that nothing else is sticking around afterwards, like a crappy text file.

Also, goto his SUPPORT pages and read about Anti-Virus and PC set up. You will thank me later......you're welcome

BTW....have any of you guys tried my MUSIC SEARCH STATION skin? It's there for download. It's so your clients can see your database on a separate crappy laptop. It's was designed for karaoke users with 50,000+ songs in their library. Printing Books are not in the equation anymore at those numbers.........you're welcome.

Inviato Thu 14 Oct 10 @ 11:09 am
kurlee1Home userMember since 2011
im having the same issue with some zip files giving me an error message when i try to load them. i havent tried virtual dj to host karaoke, as i have only used it for regular mp3 play. I currently use PCDJ-VJ, and that program works well with karaoke. Very easy to use.

To the user that prchased the program from latshaw systems, which program did you get to fix all of your zipped music files to run correctly?

Inviato Thu 03 Mar 11 @ 3:43 pm
I was having many of the same issues with the zip files and in the end i just ended up using mp3+g tools and converting all my zip files to a mp3+G format and have not had any issues since. Granted it does take up more harddrive space by having all files unzipped but now I do not have any errors in any of the programs I have used or use.
There are some zip files on my PC. And I luckily found out a tool which would manage such problem as this - http://www.recoverytoolbox.com/zip_fixer.html

Inviato Sun 20 Mar 11 @ 6:09 pm
myke650PRO InfinityMember since 2011
anybody could help me. my vdj pro cannot read my .kar file. how could i get those codec so that virtual dj pro can read my karaoke song .kar file. Or if there is a way to change all my .kar song into a format that vdj could read would be good too

Inviato Thu 31 Mar 11 @ 2:00 pm
OK ive read over this and Im having an issue with all music,video and karaoke files coming up with "error " when I go to load them into the decks. I pull them up into the browser which sometimes they come up and then I go to load it into the deck and sure enough error. Im using a Macbook Pro, Virtual DJ Cue and a external hard drive with firewire. WHY CANT THEY JUST SIMPLIFY IT LIKE OTHER SOFTWARE such as Karma or Sax & Dotty. Ive got over 130,000 Karaoke files that are in subfolders and in zipfiles.
Example of how folders are set up:

DJ Music
Main Karaoke
All Star Karaoke
ASK1001
Zip folders (with MP3 & CD g file)
ASK1002
ASK1003
Sound Choice
SC1001-1
Zip folders

Im on the Brink of losing it with this software. Can someone PLEASE HELP!!!!

Inviato Mon 19 Dec 11 @ 3:53 pm
Hello everyone I was hoping someone can help me with my vdj pro karaoke. I got the direct x and my karaoke sample is working I add the karaoke song to the list and the name of singer and song show on the screen but none of the lyrics show. I looked for an answer and can't find it. I was hoping that you all could help me. Thanks Charlie V

Inviato Wed 22 Feb 12 @ 6:39 pm
dpmillerPRO SubscriberMember since 2011
jammallnyte wrote :
Well, I did just as you described and I don't pull up a single of my karaoke files. No errors.... just nothing. Do I need to change something with Vdj???

Did you ADD them to your search Database? There are a couple of ways to do that...under settings make sure its check to ADD on play. That will add each of them only one at a time as you click on them within their folder to play them.Right click on the file or folder or hard drive you want to add, select batch, and select add to Database, this adds all at once but can take a while if you have a 3 tb hard drive full

Inviato Thu 10 May 18 @ 1:34 am
dpmillerPRO SubscriberMember since 2011
everlastingentertainment wrote :
OK ive read over this and Im having an issue with all music,video and karaoke files coming up with "error " when I go to load them into the decks. I pull them up into the browser which sometimes they come up and then I go to load it into the deck and sure enough error. Im using a Macbook Pro, Virtual DJ Cue and a external hard drive with firewire. WHY CANT THEY JUST SIMPLIFY IT LIKE OTHER SOFTWARE such as Karma or Sax & Dotty. Ive got over 130,000 Karaoke files that are in subfolders and in zipfiles.
Example of how folders are set up:

DJ Music
Main Karaoke
All Star Karaoke
ASK1001
Zip folders (with MP3 & CD g file)
ASK1002
ASK1003
Sound Choice
SC1001-1
Zip folders

Im on the Brink of losing it with this software. Can someone PLEASE HELP!!!!

Did you get this answered?

Inviato Thu 10 May 18 @ 1:41 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)