Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: PIONEER Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Well, I was here a while ago but went on hiatus due to work and renovations, but I'm back and should be able to assist here in the forums for anyone who has questions about using Pioneer equipment with VirtualDJ. I know there's already a great team working here to support the product but I figured I could add my expertise on the hardware side to their knowledge of the software.

Feel free to post as usual or send me a PM for direct assistance.

Inviato Sat 07 Feb 09 @ 12:41 am
BishPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi Pulse, I actually saw a few of your threads while searching for my current query. Not sure if this is an ok place to ask, but do u have any step by step guides or know where to find info on cleaning and maintenance of the crossfader in a djm 800.

Ta.

Inviato Sun 15 Feb 09 @ 6:59 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
DJ-Pulse wrote :
Feel free to post as usual or send me a PM for direct assistance.

Thank you

Might be best to do this in a way that others can benefit from in the forums rather than offline.
Maybe give it a special home in the hardware forum so people know exactly where to go rather than many scattered threads.

Inviato Sun 15 Feb 09 @ 8:38 am
djnandsPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Inviato Sun 15 Feb 09 @ 2:27 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

There you go djnands

Inviato Sun 15 Feb 09 @ 2:35 pm
djnandsPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi jimmy,thanx for helping,do u have any idea?please someone help me,i promise u,i will buy this software soon,just help me to get it work 100%,thx

Inviato Sun 15 Feb 09 @ 3:07 pm
Hi Pulse, can you let me know what level of support in VDJ there is for the SEP-C1. I have a Denon DN-HC4500 at the moment which is excellent, but I'm not sure if there is a similar advanced mapper supporting the Pioneer controller and to what level this ties in to VDJ

Thanks - Keith

Inviato Mon 16 Feb 09 @ 9:41 am
The SEP-C1 is not currently natively supported in VirtualDJ. Native support is required for creating advanced mapper plugins such as the Denon DN-HC4500 Custom Mapper.

Native support may be added in a future version of VirtualDJ.

If the controller is MIDI, it can be mapped via the General MIDI mapper. However, it's not currently possible to map LED's, text displays, etc. on the controller via general MIDI.

Inviato Mon 16 Feb 09 @ 12:39 pm
Thanks JPB, just as I thought ......

The Pioneer looks a nice piece of kit, but I doubt if it could get anywhere close to the functionality currently available for the 4500. The screen on the SEP-C1 looks nice but I don't know how that would interface with the software. But seeing what you've achieved with the Denon who knows .......

Inviato Mon 16 Feb 09 @ 12:56 pm
On a Djm700, can I connect VDJ using a controller to channels 1,2 and keep channels 3,4 for my CDJ400's? Is this possible using a Maya44 sound card?

Inviato Thu 19 Feb 09 @ 12:50 pm
Eddie - absolutely, you can connect it any way you want! Personally, I always connect hardware players on the outside channels (1 & 4) and software in the middle (2 & 3). Just remember, if you assign any MIDI to the software from those channels that it's always "audio first" with the controls.

krads - to be perfectly honest, I love the MEP but don't feel that the SEP is all that as a controller. It's a glorious piece when used in native mode but unfortunately not enough software works with it in that regard yet, but there are many other controllers out there which would do just as good a job for far fewer $$.

nands - video was removed, can't see what's going on, sorry.

Bish - Cleaning the fader is something best directed by Pioneer tech support. Give'm a holler and see what they suggest.

Inviato Sun 22 Feb 09 @ 10:49 pm
ihc743Home userMember since 2009
HI,
I'VE BEEN USING Virtual DJ VIA PC MODE ON MY PAIR OF PIONEER CDJ-400 AND A DJM-400 MIXER.
Last night I played at a gig with this setup and I had a problem getting a good sound level from the speaker. I 've tried pretty much everything to turn the volume up by maximizing the master on the mixer and controlling the volume on my laptop ,but none of them made any change in sound. At last , I tried going from PC MODE to CD MODE and finally, the sound got dractically louder and clear.
In my opinion , i don't think this has anything to do with the unbalanced cable(RCA TO XLR) connection btw the mixer and the speakers because the sound was pretty loud and clear when the cdjs were on CD MODE. However when i switched to PC MODE, the sound from speakers got noticiably quiter and cranky and i could barely hear the kick drum.
My best guess is that PC MODE on cdj-400s is good for home djing but not for gigs or djing at a club.
Do you think i should really get a external audio interface like Serato Rane SL-1 in order to maintain a good sound quality connection with my laptop(my laptop's pretty brandnew BTW) at a wide place like clubs with a bigger loads of speakers?
Is the PC mode on cdj-400s just good for home djing? I've never had this problem when i was using this setup at home with my own speakers.

If you know of any solution that might help me solve this problem , please let me know. Thank you.

Inviato Mon 23 Feb 09 @ 1:49 am
I ordered and paid for Virtual DJ on 2/9/09 and have not received it you.Today is 2/23/09, has it been sent? When can I expect it?

Inviato Mon 23 Feb 09 @ 4:02 pm
kinfolk entertainment wrote :
I ordered and paid for Virtual DJ on 2/9/09 and have not received it you.Today is 2/23/09, has it been sent? When can I expect it?

This has nothing to do with Pioneer products. Please open a new thread rather than hijacking a thread that is not related to your question in any way.

In answer to your question, please open a support ticket by going to http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/index.html

Inviato Tue 24 Feb 09 @ 12:20 pm
ihc - how is it you've got everything connected?

In terms of audio levels, there should be no difference between the output from a CD source, USB source or using the CDJ400 as a soundcard device with any software. Just remember that for EVERY track that you are cueing when using any mixer, the first thing you need to do is adjust the channel gain / trim so the peak level of the song is at 0dB. It could be that when using the software the output from the software itself was low and thus you needed to adjust the channel gain on your mixer.

Inviato Fri 27 Feb 09 @ 3:47 pm
hi: just recently got a pair of cdj-400's and sometimes i have problems with the left and right deck. when i start up the system sometimes the left deck appears as #2 and sometimes as #1. How can I make this fixed

Inviato Sat 28 Feb 09 @ 1:31 pm
It's something I have yet to solve apart form simply reversing the two! I swear it's a devilish plot by the software companies or Pioneer to cheeze us off! The only thing you could do would be to uninstall ALL drivers and then install them one at a time in their correct positions but I'm not sure whether it would be right first or left first...

If it's simply a matter of control via MIDI you can reverse the MIDI channel assignments on the players, but if it's via the HID all I can suggest is reversing the two players in your setup.

Inviato Sun 01 Mar 09 @ 10:47 pm
BishPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Thanks for the reply Pulse. I took the challenge and just went ahead with it, and I feel there is less bleed now when cutting. In the near future I will be swapping my crossfader for an Innofader so if anyone has done it before I would appreciate any hot tips.

And Pulse, on behalf of Vdj Pioneer users, thanks for being an active part on the forums!

Inviato Thu 05 Mar 09 @ 6:02 am

Inviato Sun 08 Mar 09 @ 10:39 am
Question: I just purchased 2x CDJ-800 and 1 DJM-400 and i have a macbook pro running Virtual DJ. i was just wondering how i would be able to plug it all so it works with my laptop. using as it a controller. i have KRK RP6s plugged into my Digi003 rack. what do i do so this can work with everything as well.

- if i was to do a live mix how would i use my eqipment with non power speakers such as JBLs./

Is there anything i have to purchase?

Thanks DJ BlinkOnce

Inviato Thu 12 Mar 09 @ 1:06 pm
2%