Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: MACBOOK

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hello everybody, it's been soooooooo long since the last time I posted something on the forum......

I have a few question to all MAC users:

I'm planing to buy the new MACBOOK ( aluminum, 13.3" LED screen, DC 2.o ghz, 4 gb ram ) to use exclusively with Virtual DJ Pro.

1. How stable is Virtual DJ PRO with a MACBOOK ?
2. Does the drivers for Numark Total Control and DJ I/O work flawlessly ?
3. How often do the Software crashes or have major glitches ?
4. Most important of all................IS IT WORTH THE CHANGE TO MACBOOK ?

To all, thanks a lot in advance for the feedback on this matter.

DJ MSK

Inviato Fri 20 Mar 09 @ 6:19 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
MUSIKGUATE wrote :
Hello everybody, it's been soooooooo long since the last time I posted something on the forum......

I have a few question to all MAC users:

I'm planing to buy the new MACBOOK ( aluminum, 13.3" LED screen, DC 2.o ghz, 4 gb ram ) to use exclusively with Virtual DJ Pro.

I've been using vdj mac for about a year with no major issues 4500/x500 lovin it

Quote :

I use my total control for a door stop currently and my djio works great on my sons gaming machine. I wouldn't be the one to ask about Numark things working on mac.

Quote :

For me never had a crash with the 4500/500 combo

Quote :

Macbook well maybe Macbook might be good for those numark things you want to work. I'd rather have a Macbook pro for the video card options alone.

Inviato Fri 20 Mar 09 @ 7:42 pm
Thanks a lot for the info Cyder

Inviato Fri 20 Mar 09 @ 10:56 pm
MUSIKGUATE wrote :

I seriously recommend that you buy either MacBook Pro or MacBook White simply for the reason that they have Firewire. To my personal experience USB-soundcards are utter crap. Therefor it's borderline criminal that Apple left Firewire out from the new aluminium MacBook. I know this isn't exactly what you asked, but I'll say it anyway :)

I'm using MacBook and Edirol FA-66 which is a very good and stable combination for Virtual DJ. The only time I had any kind of problems was ages ago when I was still using the 5.0.3 Beta and had it running with iTunes on the same time and kept switching between them during something like a 8 hour perioid. Virtual DJ froze but the music kept playing. As for the latest version (5.2) I haven't ever had a single problem or a crash with it. Ever.

Is it worth changing to MacBook? Yes, I'd say it is...with certain reservations. Mac OS X is not some super-Windows that never crashed. It's a bit different and takes getting some used to. Fortunetly it's very intuitive and most of the time you just keep wondering why the hell all the other operating systems aren't done in the same way. Then again, there are some stuff that is very counter-intuitive and you just have to learn the hard way how it works. Still, after a while you really start wondering why on earth you ever put up with that nonsense which seemed normal routine in the Windows world.

Inviato Sat 21 Mar 09 @ 12:45 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
moving this to the mac section so windows users don't get too jealous ;)

Inviato Sat 21 Mar 09 @ 9:22 pm
VOG_PRO InfinityMember since 2006
MUSIKGUATE wrote :

I can only answer based on my own experiences with Mac and Virtual DJ. I own the new aluminum MacBook Pro with 4GB Ram 320GB HD and 2.53 Intel Core Duo.

I use the HC4500.

1. VDJ is stable enough on the Mac although crashes have increased since I moved from PC. With PC I cant remember my last crash with audio only on a Mac with VDJ I get once a month. Now that I have been testing video the Mac Book Pro really shines, the power of the video card makes loading and playing videos almost the same as running audio very little difference. The Mac version however for video work is missing some key plugins ie anything to do with text. I really think this is a shortcoming for video on Mac. I would sell my PC laptop in moment and get a second mac is that was added.

2. Sorry I dont use Numark

3. As I said maybe once a month and there is also an issue with permissions but easily fixed once you read the forums.

4. Is it worth changing, I would say yes. Now that I consider myself a Mac user I have not looked back Macs are simply years ahead of PCs & Windows. I hate using my Windows laptop. The only reason I use windows now is if I want the text plugins or if I need some windows piece of software(hardly ever thank god)

Hope this helped

Inviato Sun 22 Mar 09 @ 9:37 am
I wonder how much sound card drivers affect Mac VDJ's stability. On the Windows side I experienced anything from "Never had a single crash" to "Total freezing & restart the program once an hour" depending on the soundcard and driver. I would not be suprised if crappy drivers would have similar side effects on Mac too.

Like I said earlier, I'm using Edirol FA-66 and what I really like about it is that it's CoreAudio compatible - meaning that it doesn't need drivers at all. Just literally plug & play. This kind of thing is likely to have an possitive effect on the stability, since there's one less layer of software in the stack of things prone to missbehave.

As a whole, using quality audio hardware like FA-66 on Mac + CoreAudio is just lightyears ahead of the Windows + ASIO nightmare.

Inviato Sun 22 Mar 09 @ 9:54 am
The HC4500 does not require Mac Drivers

I used to use the audio 8 dj with its own drivers it did crash but I think it was because it was sucking too much juice from the USB port

Inviato Sun 22 Mar 09 @ 11:11 am
CidKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Am a Mac VDJ user with a Macbook Pro.

My specs are:

CPU: 2.2ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
RAM: 4gb

Never had any sound issues at all. the only issue i had in the past was with loading mp3's, but got that resolve. I used Native Instruments Audio8 DJ as a soundcard interface with VDJ and Timecode cd's. WORKS FLAWLESSLY

Thanks and Cheers

Cid K

Inviato Sun 22 Mar 09 @ 4:47 pm
my native instruments soundcard loses connection which model of macbook pro do u use?

Inviato Sun 22 Mar 09 @ 4:50 pm
i just recently made the change to a macbook aluminum and i use 2 cdj 1000 pioneers and the numark cue software and sound card connected via usb.
ok enough of that i need a little help from someone who knows i set up to play and all went well and was really chuffed how good the sound was and the way it all worked , i did have to update the software but still all looked like it was going well then..........

i was playing 1 tune on the timecode cd and then mixed 2nd tune and tried to stop the 1st track by pressing cue on the cdj and it stopped really slowly pressed it 3 times and it totally stopped and returned to cue at beginning .

Now i do know that there are three modes of play and that i need to turn on the cd and switch to line on the box but why the hell is it still playing like a vinyl

PLEASE IF ANYONE KNOWS CAN I GET SOME FEEDBACK AND HELP AND NO DUMB CHEEKY ANSWERS I ONLY HAVE A FEW DAYS TIL NEXT GIG AND WOULD LOVE TO RESOLVE THIS BY THEN

THANKS IF YOU CAN HELP

Inviato Sun 22 Mar 09 @ 6:52 pm
I dont use timeocodes but I would post your question as a new thread to get more attention

Inviato Sun 22 Mar 09 @ 7:10 pm
I'm using my M-Audio Torq Soundcard (Conectiv) with external Pioneer CDJ control and it's flawless.

MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz with 4GB RAM

Inviato Tue 24 Mar 09 @ 8:21 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
MUSIKGUATE wrote :

Yes the Total Control is plug and play and the DJio has full tiger and Leopard drivers.

Inviato Wed 25 Mar 09 @ 4:03 am
Thanks a lot everybody, really, youelped me a great deal.

And I guess that will be the next step.......Goodbye PC.......Helllllloooooooooo Mac......

Thanks

Inviato Sat 28 Mar 09 @ 12:37 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Welcome to mac;)

Inviato Sat 28 Mar 09 @ 5:16 am
I do not want to be discouraging but I just bought a 2.0GHz macbook also and the Total Control plug and play isn't working, works beautiful on my PC but I am still working on having the Total Control even recognized. If anyone knows how to force the mac to recognize attached controller it would be nice, but as it stands now I plug it in and nothing.

Inviato Sun 29 Mar 09 @ 9:18 am
@Joseph

The total control works fine on my mac.Here's a couple of things to try:

Change the USB port.
Ensure the controller is plugged in before booting your Mac.
Try deactivating and activating the controller in the VDJ config menu.

Also please enter your serial number here http://www.virtualdj.com/users/edit.html and download the latest version.

The Mac version isn't available for Trial so if you havent bought the software you are using a illegal copy. Thanks for understanding. :)

Inviato Mon 30 Mar 09 @ 5:18 am
josephchrispike wrote :
I do not want to be discouraging but I just bought a 2.0GHz macbook also and the Total Control plug and play isn't working, works beautiful on my PC but I am still working on having the Total Control even recognized. If anyone knows how to force the mac to recognize attached controller it would be nice, but as it stands now I plug it in and nothing.

The total control works perfectly on my iMac and VDj 5.2.1 You just need to activate it in the config menu of VDj. If it doesn't work, just activate, desactivate it and activate it. It should work with a working license.

Inviato Mon 08 Jun 09 @ 1:09 pm
you are better sticking with a PC. I installed it on a MAC. The install went fine it looks great but when I tried to scan the BPMs the applcation keep crashing

Inviato Wed 17 Jun 09 @ 12:17 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)