Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Using USB for audio output from Numark TTX USB turntables

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Why is it not possible to use the usb port to output the audio from timecode vinyl from a Numark TTX USB turntable? It would be nice to utilize a usb cable and pug it directly into my MacBook via a usb hub, thus eliminating 2 more RCA cables from my VirtualVinyl soundcard setup. Why is this not possible at the moment? Does it have something to do with coreaudio or something? It just seems funny that the MacBook will accept audio via usb when using the bundled "EZ Converter" software that comes with the TTXs, yet VirtualVinyl can't process audio via usb. Why?

Inviato Sun 23 Aug 09 @ 3:40 pm
because its only a usb output.

usb output - usb input, whats missing?

right, the soundcard.

Inviato Sun 23 Aug 09 @ 10:31 pm
Yes, but all the soundcard does is interpret the signal from the timecode vinyls via usb. Why can't there be a virtual sound card that would perform the same function. It just seems archaic to have to even have an external soundcard to interpret the timecode signal.

Inviato Sun 23 Aug 09 @ 11:43 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The USB audio connection is for vinyl archiving only and does not have low latency drivers [it uses the OS built in drivers]

However you may be able to get it to work with ASIO for all [PC] or as an aggregate device [Mac]

However if you own a VV box I have no idea why you would want to as this has a much lower latency.

Inviato Mon 24 Aug 09 @ 12:19 pm
DazmaxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I can see Dizzys point here.
Does the latency issue come from the software or the electronics? If the turntable can plug in directly to the USB port then you have less hardware to mess with.
How would VDJ know which tt was which tho?

Just thinkin out loud but it dosent seem like a bad idea.

Daz

Inviato Mon 24 Aug 09 @ 5:52 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Software/Drivers the windows default ones are not fast enough.

I have suggested this as a new product before, however it was pointed out the vast majority of users would use interface boxes as they may have to use more than one turntable.

Inviato Thu 27 Aug 09 @ 6:06 am
The vinyl > Stylus > Cart >Tonearm >to internal DAC (here is where the problem lies) The DAC converts the signal to USB output for PC, and whis DAC is where the latency occurs. This Cannot be fixed via drivers.

Inviato Thu 27 Aug 09 @ 9:03 am
DazmaxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
It seems strange that the people who make the TTX also make a plethora of controllers and yet they don,t see the common sense in building this in.

There are so many mixers that can handle USB or even SPDIF signals. It just seems to make allot of sense.
Ime shure it would not be difficult to sort the ID problem or even sell the decks as a pair which link together and have a single USB output, much like a controller would. then you could produce a fully integrated system of TT's mixer and VDJ/computer.

Sounds like a cool idea to me.

Daz

Inviato Thu 27 Aug 09 @ 10:33 am
Exactly! I'm glad someone sees what I'm getting at.

Inviato Fri 28 Aug 09 @ 10:03 am
It seams on this issue it would be nice to look to Numarks product development for better drivers and software options... With the TTX they do have an oppertunity to dial in some Vinyl Junkies better. :-)

Inviato Wed 03 Oct 12 @ 7:09 pm
Maybe used as an asio Card in an Advanced config... Translating from vinyl to a line input back to a soundcard (Which has latency as well) then down a usb... Latency or not it maybe faster.

VirtualDJ... Numark CUE... Work together now, The man is onto something.

Inviato Wed 03 Oct 12 @ 7:16 pm
Three or four years ago when I first bought my TTXs, I found a YouTube video explaining how to do this, and I had it working. But to what degree of success I can't remember. I have a renewed interest in this, as I'm working on a project now where I want to use my Novation Twitch controller with VDJ8, as a controller/mixer between my TTXs. I feel this will give me a very compact setup with all the advantages of the TTXs and the controller, with it's pads, etc...

People here on this thread were saying that there is a latency problem with the Numark D/A converter, but I find this a little hard to accept, as I did not notice any such latency at the time. Anyway, if anyone can confirm any of this, or has any further helpful information to offer, I would appreciate your input.

Inviato Thu 26 Feb 15 @ 1:34 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)