Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: STANTON Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Here you can talk anything Stanton ...

Currently supported products

- System 3 (Contains two SCS.3d units and one SCS.3m)
- DaScratch (SCS.3d)

Available mappers

***Link Removed - as of release 6.0.7 the DaScratch and SCS.3m are supported directly in VirtualDJ***

Inviato Thu 08 Oct 09 @ 2:44 pm
I don't suppose you know the sysex response for DaRouter software? it is different the the SCS.3d's, but I can't seem to capture it in miditrace. Doing this would allow me to choose either native use or use of DaRouter based on which software is running when vdj loads.

Inviato Fri 09 Oct 09 @ 11:35 am
Hey I was wondering ifVirtual DJ staff is working on a way to make the FinalScratch soundcard work well with VDJ?

Thanks!

Inviato Fri 09 Oct 09 @ 5:13 pm
mjh99ent wrote :
I don't suppose you know the sysex response for DaRouter software? it is different the the SCS.3d's, but I can't seem to capture it in miditrace. Doing this would allow me to choose either native use or use of DaRouter based on which software is running when vdj loads.

DaRouter doesn't work in the way I think you're implying. Please explain what EXACTLY you're trying to do and I can fill in the blanks.

Inviato Mon 12 Oct 09 @ 8:42 am
Nevermind. You're looking for the Device ID response. There isn't one for DaRouter, but one could be programmed into the VDJ preset.

Inviato Mon 12 Oct 09 @ 2:04 pm
Stanton DJ wrote :
Nevermind. You're looking for the Device ID response. There isn't one for DaRouter, but one could be programmed into the VDJ preset.

Exactly. No big deal. If I leave it set as is now it just always appears in the dropdown when it detects a midi device and can't identify it. I can live with that.

Inviato Mon 12 Oct 09 @ 9:58 pm
I'd like to get the LED's around the trackpad to turn in time with the music. VDJ will send a signal out, but when I pass the signal to DaRouter it doesn't forward to the device. Bomemidi won't let me sign without author, so I can't customize. Is there a version that has a rule that simply states if there is no rule in Darouter to forward the midi note to the SCS.3d? How hard would it be to get one? I'm currently using Generic Dual.

Inviato Mon 12 Oct 09 @ 10:02 pm
nem0nicPRO InfinityMember since 2008
You'll need to modify the preset in order to pass through data to address the LEDs directly.

EDIT - With Bome's, you would probably just write a passthru rule for the C1 CC message and take advantage of the macro we have in place (C1 "finger trace" feedback message is Bc 62 pp, where c=MIDI channel and pp=01-10).

Inviato Mon 12 Oct 09 @ 10:34 pm
When I try to edit with Bome pro it says I can't sign it. and Darouter says I am limited to 20 minutes of use. I can't get author. How do I get around this?

Inviato Tue 13 Oct 09 @ 12:43 pm
""There was never a 'hold and scratch' issue to overcome ... you just didn't implement it correctly in the definition/mapper you created :)

But yes you can properly use vinyl_mode now - 'hold and scratch' = vinyl_mode ON // 'pitch bend' = vinyl_mode OFF""

Can you explain this one to me, in detail, so I know exactly what to change?

Inviato Wed 14 Oct 09 @ 1:30 pm
you need to add second value to do hold and scratch...you give a cc value to scratch wheel and a note value to scratch hold. I'll dig up the values and forward them tonight.

Inviato Wed 14 Oct 09 @ 7:08 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Just look at the implementation in the definition file that gets installed from what I did ... you will see the entry - JOG TOUCH

Inviato Wed 14 Oct 09 @ 7:22 pm
been trying that and start-up freezes on "initializing audio engine"

Inviato Wed 14 Oct 09 @ 8:36 pm
Still no luck, jeez I'm dumb!

I'm having nightmares in xml format!

Inviato Thu 15 Oct 09 @ 9:04 am
ProtiHome userMember since 2009
Sorry I posted this as a new topic, not used to these forum layouts and didn't see this topic, heres my original question
'Hey, my stanton scs3 system arrived in the post about a week ago but I've been on the search for a program to use with it, I remember virtual dj supporting two different soundcards when using it in college last year and the tracktor that ships with it doesn;t, which means its useless as I can't cue.
I plan on downloading the demo verison of VDJ6 once I get my laptop back, just wondering what is the functionality like?
Is there anything I need to know what to do in VDJ before I use it, or can I just plug in the SCS3 and install VDJ and go?
Also if this does work fine and I order the full version after the trial peroid is finished, will I get future version updates, like if there was a 6.0.3 and so on?
Sorry for all the questions guys.
Thanks, Scott.'

Inviato Sat 17 Oct 09 @ 4:36 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Hey Scott, all updates are free to all Pro licensed users, to date.

Inviato Sat 17 Oct 09 @ 5:04 pm
ProtiHome userMember since 2009
Ok I've got home and downloaded the trial of virtual DJ and connected up my SCS3 system to the computer, What do I do now? Theres nothing in VD thats coming up for the SCS3? have I missed some important step in darouter or VDJ?
Thanks.

Inviato Sun 25 Oct 09 @ 6:10 pm

Inviato Fri 30 Oct 09 @ 3:52 pm
FLeX69PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I'm interested in the SCS 1D. I understand the Company is working on the mapper.

Instead of waiting for the mapper, my question is can I map everything myself via midi (as long as I have the patience) including the scratch wheel and also map the multiple functions for the controls?

Is there more to it?

Thanks again.

Inviato Sun 01 Nov 09 @ 6:21 pm
I really need to loop function to work as such:

Once in a loop; jogwheel moves track within the loop. Meaning when I rewind; it doesn't go backwards past the loop-in point.
I want it to stay within the loop in the same manner it does if I spin the track forward.
This is very important for scratchers, it gives them the op to make "loop-tones" out of any sound, and this type of behavior it great for "loop-backspins"

Also, can we add some cue-points to the outer buttons in vinyl-mode.
And I need some browing/loading somewhere on the 3d.

If you're wondering what word I'm talking about, it was touchwheel, I changed it to scratchwheel, and botta-boom..I'm scratching.

Inviato Mon 02 Nov 09 @ 7:54 am
11%