Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Gemini TT2000's

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

lcmxr6PRO InfinityMember since 2009
So i decided to invest in some turntables. I just received them today. 2 Gemini TT2000's from Amazon.com. Set em up with my hercules and time coded everything works serato cv02's. To my dismay however the Gemini seems impossible to scratch on. I know the cartridge it came with is prolly junk. But there is no physical way to manipulate the record without stopping the platter from turning. I'm a new DJ so maybe I'm just that bad but, aren't you supposed to be able to stop the record without the platter slowing or stoping? Its a direct drive table. Maybe the slip mats are crap IDK. Im really considering sending them back though. Does anyone have any input on what i should do?

Inviato Wed 06 Jan 10 @ 2:55 pm

Inviato Wed 06 Jan 10 @ 3:23 pm
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
strange the slipmats i got with my tt01's were fine for scratching. why dont you put them in the washing machine??? itll take out the stiffness just be sure to get the wife to iron them after..

Inviato Wed 06 Jan 10 @ 3:43 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
please tell me the slipmat is not made of rubber...

you should be using felt. You can actually use any piece of soft material like that i used to just trace a record and cut the fabric out. oldschool!!

also your only stopping the vinyl NOT the platter when cueing.

let us know how you make out.

Inviato Wed 06 Jan 10 @ 5:43 pm
Thanks for the feedback, I'm feeling a lot better about my purchase now. Honestly the slip mat was a bit suspect when I looked at it. Its felt but its very thick, and its not very slick at all. I have to admit I was a bit upset at first but I was also very tired. I took a nap woke up, read your posts and my outlook is much better. I'm going to try the butter rugs those sounds spectacular. Thanks for the support guys and I'll let you know how it turns out!

(P.S. does stopping the platter while the motor is on hurt it?

Inviato Wed 06 Jan 10 @ 6:42 pm
I remember when I got my Tchnics 1210's back in the early 90's... Dumped the heavy rubber mat and got myself a pair of DMC slip mats. Made a big difference to the platter spin up times too getting rid of that heavy rubber...

Cheers,

Roy

Inviato Thu 07 Jan 10 @ 1:43 am
It's not your slipmats.
It's because they are NEW Turntables. That surface needs a little breaking in to smooth it out. (Some slipmats need a little breakin in TOO)

take a white record sleeve and make a slipmat. Put it on and move it around to sort "sand" the TT.

Inviato Thu 07 Jan 10 @ 7:45 am
Hey guys, I received my butter rugs today and I must say WoooHooo! problem solved its slippery as F*** ! This and combination of doing what the last guy said worked like a charm. I've had em for 3 days now and they are breaking in nicely. THanks for all your help and suggestions guys I'm so happy. I thought I was going to have to send them back. I'm taking My TT's out tonight to play for a small group of friends I'm so excited!

Thanks again!
-Lo

Inviato Fri 08 Jan 10 @ 7:24 pm

Inviato Sun 09 May 10 @ 10:12 am
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
yup you can except the limited edition doesnt allow timecode controll you would have to download your pro trial to use your timecodes.

i have gemini tt01's with a ps676 pro2 mixer and it works great for timecodes. belt drive i know buit they do the job. and to be fair if i can mix and scrath on these then when i get some 1210's itll be better.

anyway back to the point, i also have the E2.

thing is though ulsess you have an external usb soundcard such as the maya44 usb, then you wont be able to hook up yout turntables. you will also need some timecode vynal. serato scraatch are good timecodes aswell as others.

so in a nutshell...

you need external soundcard
timecode vynal
loads of phono leads.
and a pro version of vdj

hope this helps.

Inviato Sun 09 May 10 @ 10:52 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)