Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Bubbling in audio on startup, choppy video & freezing visuals

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Rhemy-DPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hi all, After upgrading my computer to the highest spec machine I could find for my price range (i7 quad core 1.6gHz (overclock of 2.8), 4gb of RAM, 1GB dedicated video, Windows 7 32-bit) and now running a few nights with this new high powered machine I have noticed some slight bugs that I put down to my old underspec'd machine. Unfortunalty, as my specs now far out weight the reccomended for video mixing I am wondering if these are actual bugs. Firstly, let me begin with the audio issue.

I use 2 x CDJ400's and I have noticed at times that on startup VDJ will have bubbling or poping, almost underwater like playback. This can be rectified by restarting VDJ but, has occured frequently on startup and is almost a luck of the draw if it occurs or not. It seems there might be an issue in instilising the CDJ400 sound cards?

Secondly, when loading songs the visuals all freeze for around 1-2 seconds. Playback continues uninterupted but visual output to the display locks up. This also occurs for videos but is slightly longer, around 3 - 4 seconds.

Lastly, when playing some videos the playback becomes choppy. The audio is clear but the visuals constantly freeze and update in blocks. This problem was rectified by closing the window output.

I havn't video mixed to an external source as of yet, will try that during the week when I do not have a gig however, I am not too sure on the reliability of the Video mixing to impliment it at a gig or club yet.

Does anyone have any similar issues as described above or I am just coming up on freak occurances?

Inviato Sat 20 Feb 10 @ 1:10 am
Ok I have more info with this problem! It occurs roughly between start up and 30 minutes into the night. Happens at every startup at some point during the night but, varies in noise level. I may have a recording of it tonight but, it has happened for the last 3 gigs without fail.

Inviato Sat 27 Feb 10 @ 4:03 am
Ok I have more info with this problem! It occurs roughly between start up and 30 minutes into the night. Happens at every startup at some point during the night but, varies in noise level. I may have a recording of it tonight but, it has happened for the last 3 gigs without fail.

Inviato Sat 27 Feb 10 @ 4:03 am
spool32PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Rhemy-D wrote :
Hi all, After upgrading my computer to the highest spec machine I could find for my price range (i7 quad core 1.6gHz (overclock of 2.8), 4gb of RAM, 1GB dedicated video, Windows 7 32-bit) and now running a few nights with this new high powered machine I have noticed some slight bugs that I put down to my old underspec'd machine. Unfortunalty, as my specs now far out weight the reccomended for video mixing I am wondering if these are actual bugs. Firstly, let me begin with the audio issue.

I use 2 x CDJ400's and I have noticed at times that on startup VDJ will have bubbling or poping, almost underwater like playback. This can be rectified by restarting VDJ but, has occured frequently on startup and is almost a luck of the draw if it occurs or not. It seems there might be an issue in instilising the CDJ400 sound cards?

Secondly, when loading songs the visuals all freeze for around 1-2 seconds. Playback continues uninterupted but visual output to the display locks up. This also occurs for videos but is slightly longer, around 3 - 4 seconds.

Lastly, when playing some videos the playback becomes choppy. The audio is clear but the visuals constantly freeze and update in blocks. This problem was rectified by closing the window output.

I havn't video mixed to an external source as of yet, will try that during the week when I do not have a gig however, I am not too sure on the reliability of the Video mixing to impliment it at a gig or club yet.

Does anyone have any similar issues as described above or I am just coming up on freak occurances?

To the "T" I have those same issues. I'm running Denon HS5500's, if used as TCV with my SL1 box, I can play a few seconds of something then it gets the warbled sound. If i go into the sound settings window and click "apply" it goes away for a few seconds and comes back, even faster if I move the platter.

Videos - Same problem. If I use both decks, as soon as I fade from one to the other, the visual freezes and audio continues. If i drop a video in the deck I faded from, the playing deck will resume its video.. Or if I take the playing deck and click on the wave form to make it retrack on the song it unfreezes, or scratch the platter. As time goes on and the longer VDJ runs, it starts getting worse and will freeze multiple times during the play of one video. Eventually dropping a file in the other deck stops working and I have to fully exit and restart VDJ.

Its a horrible mess and because of it, i'm running my new and my old laptop at the same time with a video switcher box. VDJ runs fine as long as you only use one of the decks. As soon as you use both they start degrading in performance.

Last night I broke my video switcher while setting up and had to play the whole gig on 1 laptop. So the entire night I had to fade a song and drop one in the other deck to jump start the video again. Had to reload VDJ twice (switching to an audio only output from my other laptop for one song).

I'm honestly having a heck of a time with VDJ and Serato right now and theres no solution in sight :(

Inviato Sat 27 Feb 10 @ 9:45 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)