Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Help with conditional statements in VDJ Script - ADVANCED

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

SEDJNYPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hello - I am new to MIDI programming in VDJ, but new as in I've never done it before in VDJ not that I'm a complete idiot. I need help with the conditional statements.

I have an AKAI MPK61 which has 16 pads that I would like to map to cue points. I understand the basic functionality of how do it but I would like a little more advanced function. I would like to query a specifically used cue and if it is used do one thing and then if it is not used do another. My trouble is that first part.

I would like:

IF 'cue 1' is not set and 'deck x' is NOT playing THEN set 'cue 1' and play while pressed OR for 2000ms
IF 'cue 1' is not set and 'deck x' is PLAYING THEN set 'hot cue 1' (so that it continues to play and reverts to 'cue 1' when pressed but plays (not while pressed))
IF 'cue 1' IS set and 'deck x' is NOT playing then goto 'cue 1' and play while pressed OR for 2000ms
IF 'cue 1' IS set and 'deck x' IS playing then revert to cue point and continue to play.

I have tried several different strings and i have gotten to where i think it is going to work and everything does except when the deck is paused or stopped and i hit the desired pad, it plays, but it seems the 'while_pressed' functionality is ignored.

I am not sure if my beginning query is working. How do I make VDJ check to see if a specific cue point is in fact set?

goto_cue 1 ? cue 1 : hot_cue 1 does what i want, but does not use the 'while_pressed' function like it sais in the description. I basically do not want to be able to overwrite the cue point if the deck is paused as well as playing all the way through.

I hope this makes sense. Please ask if you have any questions. I am also uncertain on the WIKI where it said about using [...] and | in the arguments.. Maybe that is my problem.

Thank you in advance!

Inviato Tue 23 Mar 10 @ 2:53 pm
ReThinkPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Edit - Misread your post.

Inviato Tue 23 Mar 10 @ 4:16 pm
How can I clarify?

Inviato Tue 23 Mar 10 @ 9:06 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
IF 'cue 1' is not set and 'deck x' is NOT playing THEN set 'cue 1' and play while pressed OR for 2000ms"

Don't know what are you trying... but cue_play don't work in there for you? Because that's what it does.

IF 'cue 1' is not set and 'deck x' is PLAYING THEN set 'hot cue 1' (so that it continues to play and reverts to 'cue 1' when pressed but plays (not while pressed))

IF 'cue 1' IS set and 'deck x' is NOT playing then goto 'cue 1' and play while pressed OR for 2000ms

IF 'cue 1' IS set and 'deck x' IS playing then revert to cue point and continue to play.

cue_play does it for me... check it out

Inviato Wed 24 Mar 10 @ 10:23 am
Thanks for the response - where are you entering 'cue_play' as a conditional statement? or by itself?

Inviato Thu 25 Mar 10 @ 11:30 am
hello, is it possible to use a keyboard with virtual dj to record and play over samples? you kno, like a regular keyboard? if so, how do i connect it so i can hear the keyboard playing through the program?

Inviato Thu 12 May 11 @ 9:59 pm
I think the best way to achieve this would be to have a shift button that would arm recording while it was held down.

shift button
set 'samp_rec' while_pressed

sampler play/record
var_equal 'samp_rec' ? sampler # record : sampler # play_stop

You just need to substitute # for the applicable sampler number. Remember you need to save the samples before you quit VDJ or they will be lost.

VDJ is the most powerful weapon of in your dj arsenal, It is worth buying to support atomix so they continue to improve this amazing product, It also means you get access to updates forever, and the vast amount of user created plugins to play with to add variety to your sets

Inviato Fri 13 May 11 @ 12:15 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)