Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Ipad as a touchscreen VDJ remote control

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Looks possible to do ..... most of the current VNC (and one RDP) clients seem to support the ipad.

I currently use my Vaio U70 with a 7" screen to access Windows, however I think using the ipad to remotely control VDJ from a Mac will be excellent. Looks like the RDP client can use the ipad to access a Windows PC so you don't even need a Mac.

Not sure if it will shrink the 1920 x 1200 down to 1024 x 768 which wouldn't be that great, may be better not to shrink and just have a 1024 x 768 VDJ skin running when being remote controlled.

I wasn't a fan of the ipad at all, but I can see a benefit as my venue is changing next month and this could be useful!

Keith

Inviato Thu 13 May 10 @ 3:51 pm
Only downside I see with using VNC is there will be some delay in the screen refreshing either in part of as a whole.
As an example, I was using VNC from a MBP via ethernet to select between and control 2 computers remotely - either can run VDJ.
The issue we had was the time and counters would update fast but the waveform was sluggish and would intermittently and at random times update. If using the waveform isn't an issue then it's not an issue - for my client he needed to see the waveform to set up start times.

Just something to take into consideration. Personally If I had an iPad i'd use it as a remote control too!

Inviato Wed 19 May 10 @ 2:02 pm
I did consider that .... VNC is quite slow at the best of times. Are there any equivalents for mac like RDP in Windows, that is lightning quick.

Inviato Wed 19 May 10 @ 3:30 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I would love to see a remote app for Virtual DJ like the DJAY remote.

Inviato Thu 20 May 10 @ 8:23 am
VOG_PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I think a native Virtual DJ APP would be far more powerful why limit it as a controller.

There is VGA out so could do video as well

Inviato Fri 21 May 10 @ 10:53 am
I'm going to do some testing with my ipod touch this weekend, should be similar to the ipad speed ways.

Keith

Inviato Fri 21 May 10 @ 2:10 pm
VOG_PRO InfinityMember since 2006
skyfxl wrote :
VOG_ wrote :
I think a native Virtual DJ APP would be far more powerful why limit it as a controller.

There is VGA out so could do video as well

Two problems at the moment one you cannot use Itunes as your music source. It remains to be seen how headphone previewing will work.

Also the iPad is limited by its processing power.

The usb camera kit supports usb audio drivers and to be honest headphone monitoring is redundant as most pro digital djs I work with monitor through their mixers headphone out.

Processing power its a 1ghtz ARM I think should be loads if coding is right and their defo access to the itunes library many apps have the ability to play songs while you are in them, I think that came in iphone os 3.0

Inviato Fri 21 May 10 @ 3:11 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)