Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Novation Dicer midi controller [Def & Mapper now available] - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Maybe I missed somebody else posting on this, but here they are:

http://www.novationmusic.com/us/products/digital_dj/dicer

They look really cool, and since they're midi I'm sure they can easily be mapped to vdj, but the bit I'm interested in is the 3 different colour LEDs for the different modes and if we can make VDJ do "loop roll".

I'm pretty sure we can't, although there is a user created effect plugin as part of a multi-effects plugin, but that's not very good because when you move the perameter slider right to the end, the sound completely stops. Not good for a live performance.

The default implementation with serato looks ideal, the 5 different buttons give you different sizes of loop roll. I guess they might be half beat, quarter beat, eight of a beat, 16th of a beat, 32nd of a beat.

Any way we can do that, or if it can be added to vdj for a future release? I'm kind of surprised I haven't seen more requests for this effect, it's pretty standard in modern dance music.

Inviato Mon 19 Jul 10 @ 5:11 pm
I'm gonna assume here that since its a midi controller you can map those buttons to control whatever you want them to with VDJ, anyone care to chime in on this?? Although I'm 100% sure this can be done.

Huey

Inviato Tue 20 Jul 10 @ 12:32 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
8 buttons, 30 midi controls !!! Interesting !

Inviato Tue 20 Jul 10 @ 7:23 am
I have one on pre order from the first shipment here - I'll let you know how to map it when it arrives.

Inviato Wed 21 Jul 10 @ 3:09 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Def & Mapper coming soon, the units looks very good ad the buttons response are very fast and precise ;)

Inviato Sat 24 Jul 10 @ 2:41 am
X1LoVeRPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2006
I´m using these babys and its very great ! But I mapped it only with the simple midi wrapper in VDJ.
Don´t using "loop roll" but it´s mapped to 1 Beat, 2 Beat, 4 Beat and button 4 and 5 is for half and double the loop lenght.
On the 3rd level is my effect section ;o)

Inviato Wed 04 Aug 10 @ 2:04 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Inviato Wed 04 Aug 10 @ 3:46 pm
Sounds good!

I'll have to look into getting one of these since they're now out and working with vdj.

Inviato Sat 07 Aug 10 @ 3:09 am
ReThinkPRO InfinityMember since 2009

Inviato Thu 12 Aug 10 @ 10:23 am
ReThinkPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Using Andys code this is how I mapped the "green" buttons

1 = isrepeat ? nothing : down ? loop 0.03125 & sampler 8 rec & loop & sampler 8 play & sampler 8 volume 100% & level 0% : level 100% & sampler 8 stop

2 = isrepeat ? nothing : down ? loop 0.0625 & sampler 9 rec & loop & sampler 9 play & sampler 9 volume 100% & level 0% : level 100% & sampler 9 stop

3 = isrepeat ? nothing : down ? loop 0.125 & sampler 10 rec & loop & sampler 10 play & sampler 10 volume 100% & level 0% : level 100% & sampler 10 stop

4 = isrepeat ? nothing : down ? loop 0.25 & sampler 11 rec & loop & sampler 11 play & sampler 11 volume 100% & level 0% : level 100% & sampler 11 stop

5 = isrepeat ? nothing : down ? loop 0.5 & sampler 12 rec & loop & sampler 12 play & sampler 12 volume 100% & level 0% : level 100% & sampler 12 stop

Green LEDs mapped as follows

1 = Sampler 8 play ? on

2 = Sampler 9 play ? on

3 = Sampler 10 play ? on

4 = Sampler 11 play ? on

5 = Sampler 12 play ? on

The LEDs were mapped like this to give me a bit of feedback. Check it out...like I said...works like a champ...Thanks Andy!!

VDJ welcomes the LOOP ROLL Effect!!! (If you spin video be sure to turn off the "faders to black" option).

Inviato Thu 12 Aug 10 @ 3:13 pm
X1LoVeRPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2006
It also works with the SMX1_XF-FX plugin by Deun-Deun, wich I have mapped on Green-Shift like this:

<map value="GREEN_SHIFT_1" action="param_greater 85% ? effect "SMX1_XF-FX" active while_pressed : effect "SMX1_XF-FX" active while_pressed & effect slider 1 85%" />

<map value="GREEN_SHIFT_2" action="param_greater 75% ? effect "SMX1_XF-FX" active while_pressed : effect "SMX1_XF-FX" active while_pressed & effect slider 1 75%" />

<map value="GREEN_SHIFT_3" action="param_greater 65% ? effect "SMX1_XF-FX" active while_pressed : effect "SMX1_XF-FX" active while_pressed & effect slider 1 65%" />

<map value="GREEN_SHIFT_4" action="param_greater 35% ? effect "SMX1_XF-FX" active while_pressed : effect "SMX1_XF-FX" active while_pressed & effect slider 1 35%" />

<map value="GREEN_SHIFT_5" action="param_smaller 10% ? effect "SMX1_XF-FX" active while_pressed : effect "SMX1_XF-FX" active while_pressed & effect slider 1 10%" />

Inviato Sat 14 Aug 10 @ 11:56 am
AdvokutPRO InfinityMember since 2010
what does SMX1_XF-FX do? What kind of effect i it?

Inviato Sat 14 Aug 10 @ 10:55 pm
The effect is a loop roll effect for vdj, better than the keyboard shortcut I put together since it's a proper effect and doesn't rely on the sampler.

Inviato Sun 15 Aug 10 @ 10:34 am
now i can get em! ;-D

Inviato Tue 31 Aug 10 @ 8:38 pm
Is there a definition available with working LEDs? The one on the downloads page doesnt seem to do the leds? I'm not overly worried but just I wouldnt need a stop all for the sampler if I could see what samples were enabled from the leds.

Inviato Fri 03 Sep 10 @ 5:03 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Inviato Fri 03 Sep 10 @ 5:04 am
No - Vista. The buttons all work fine and I have remapped them to do things I want - just the leds dont work as expected. For example RED 1 to 3 work fine (on when pressed once, and off when pressed again), but RED4 flashes all the time and RED5 does nothing.

Inviato Fri 03 Sep 10 @ 5:18 am
ReThink wrote :
Using Andys code this is how I mapped the "green" buttons

1 = isrepeat ? nothing : down ? loop 0.03125 & sampler 8 rec & loop & sampler 8 play & sampler 8 volume 100% & level 0% : level 100% & sampler 8 stop

2 = isrepeat ? nothing : down ? loop 0.0625 & sampler 9 rec & loop & sampler 9 play & sampler 9 volume 100% & level 0% : level 100% & sampler 9 stop

3 = isrepeat ? nothing : down ? loop 0.125 & sampler 10 rec & loop & sampler 10 play & sampler 10 volume 100% & level 0% : level 100% & sampler 10 stop

4 = isrepeat ? nothing : down ? loop 0.25 & sampler 11 rec & loop & sampler 11 play & sampler 11 volume 100% & level 0% : level 100% & sampler 11 stop

5 = isrepeat ? nothing : down ? loop 0.5 & sampler 12 rec & loop & sampler 12 play & sampler 12 volume 100% & level 0% : level 100% & sampler 12 stop

Green LEDs mapped as follows

1 = Sampler 8 play ? on

2 = Sampler 9 play ? on

3 = Sampler 10 play ? on

4 = Sampler 11 play ? on

5 = Sampler 12 play ? on

The LEDs were mapped like this to give me a bit of feedback. Check it out...like I said...works like a champ...Thanks Andy!!

VDJ welcomes the LOOP ROLL Effect!!! (If you spin video be sure to turn off the "faders to black" option).

I am trying to remap the dicer that cioce made. I'm trying to map it exactly the same as it would be with Serato.

I have tried the above code's, and although they do the job, the song can be herd carrying on playing while its being loop rolled.

Has anybody got any other options?

Inviato Sun 05 Sep 10 @ 10:32 am
Has anyone yet managed to script a code for the CUE's?

For example. You press #1 Red to set your hot cue, and when this button is illuminated, you can press it again and it takes you to your hot cue.

The loop roll would be a cool addition to VDJ (VDJ7 Maybe?)

Inviato Sun 05 Sep 10 @ 12:02 pm
dannyboy2005 wrote :
The loop roll would be a cool addition to VDJ (VDJ7 Maybe?)

Type the script out just using a keyboard FIRST!! remember your using VDJ not Serato..................you seem to always wanna compare the 2, just saying. Try that script I think it'll work for you. You can change the length by changing the "%".

Button 1 "effect "SMX1_XF-FX" active while_pressed & effect slider 1 85%"

Button 2 "effect "SMX1_XF-FX" active while_pressed & effect slider 1 75%"

Button 3 "effect "SMX1_XF-FX" active while_pressed & effect slider 1 65%"

Button 4 "effect "SMX1_XF-FX" active while_pressed & effect slider 1 35%"

Button 5 "effect "SMX1_XF-FX" active while_pressed & effect slider 1 10%"

Huey

PS. DONT FORGET TO DOWNLOAD THE EFFECT.......................

Inviato Sun 05 Sep 10 @ 12:19 pm
63%