Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: Karaoke files not named correctly, can i change this somehow?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I just started using Virtual DJ for my karaoke files. However, the files were named in a previous program. The files are named like this

Cb30013-07 - Dave Matthews Band, The - Space Between., The.zip

When I open the file info in Virtual DJ, it pulls the Artist name as cb30013-07, and the title info as Dave Matthews Band, The - Space Between., The

Is it possible for me to change the settings in Virtual DJ for how it reads the files somehow, so it shows up with the artist in the artist space, and the title in the title space? I dont want to have to go through 50,000 files to do this manually. Also, if i do this, will it effect the format of my regular music files that are already listed correctly?

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

Inviato Mon 06 Sep 10 @ 6:24 pm
I have the same issue. Looks like we are gonna have to do it the hard way

Inviato Wed 15 Sep 10 @ 3:38 pm
There must be an easier way - I am looking at all the tag renaming software but have not found support on zipped files anyone know. For my music - I use softpointer's tag and rename. There must be an easier way to rename 50000 songs lol.

anybody?
Thanks
JD

Inviato Thu 16 Sep 10 @ 5:43 pm
I'm going to be using videos in a gentlemens club (strip club) & I want to make a bunch of ads about the club and about the girls.
I know how to put text on the bottom of the video, but is there a way to make that message scroll across the bottom.
Is there a different plug-in I need to download?

Inviato Thu 30 Sep 10 @ 7:21 am
Go to the plugins page here and get the SBDJ Scroll Text plugin, that will do what you want it to do.

Inviato Thu 30 Sep 10 @ 5:21 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
You could also use the free Firetext plugin, it has the option to either scroll text horizontally or vertically. Use the adrotator on the same plugin at the same time to run your promo's.

Use both Firetext & Scroll text together for a great effect.

Inviato Fri 01 Oct 10 @ 12:54 pm
I had the exact same scenerio and it just took a bit of thought. The reason why this is occuring is due to the files are sitting in the standard karaoke format which VDJ doesn't play nice with.

There's a very simple solution that took about 2 minutes to correctly adjust all of the songs (I did about 7500 songs) litterly in 2 minutes on a raid configured desktop I've recently built. If your computer is slower, it may take longer.

What I did is used KJ file Manager. You want to load all the files into KJFM then select them all and save them as artist-title or title-artist (I forget which way it goes).

It will prompt you that you cannot do this to the same installation folder..so create a new one, it will recopy them all in the correct format where VDJ will recognize them correctly leaving the original files in tact. Now all the files will be renamed correctly for VDJ to see.

Hopefully this tutorial helps someone because I looked high and low for someone to explain this to me with no help.

Hope this helps. KJ File manager is also helpful if you have any files which need edited...its really simple.

Inviato Wed 27 Oct 10 @ 7:51 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)