Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDJ iRemote for iPhone/iPad/iPod - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Apple just approved our VirtualDJ iRemote application.

Just a quick note:
We had to change the network protocol and use Apple's "Bonjour" protocol instead of SSDP, so:
1) if you are using VirtualDJ v7.0 or v7.0.1, you need to update to the latest version (v7.0.2) before you can use the iRemote.
2) if you are using a PC and don't have iTunes installed, you'll need to download and install the Bonjour service (VirtualDJ will send you to the download page on apple.com automatically if it sees that you need it).

Inviato Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 4:49 am
Also, at the time I'm writting this message, Download.com still hasn't published the PC version of VirtualDJ Home 7.0.2.
so if you're using VDJ HOME on PC, you'll have to wait until the 7.0.2 is available to download before you can use the iRemote.
Hopefully, it should be available in a few hours now.

Inviato Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 4:50 am
How to setup the App

Make sure you are connected to Wifi on PC and Ipad/iPhone

-> In VirtualDJ settings, go to Remote tab -> check "ENABLE"
-> Start the app on your iDevice

The app will now say "Waiting for approval"

In VirtualDJ settings -> Remote Tab -> Choose your iDevice, and choose ALLOW

Inviato Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 6:33 am
I won't get a chance to test this until later but it looks great! ..... does the app have one fixed skin or can they be changed?

Keith

Inviato Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 6:41 am

The app can be skinned to be anything ;)
There are already a few skins ready to be shared from the skin makers at forum..
And one can make skins yourself for the app too

Inviato Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 6:46 am
dj-in-norway wrote :
How to setup the App

That helps but it doesnt tell you how to setup the adhoc network in windows 7 so I can use it without my broadband connection at a gig

Inviato Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 6:59 am
djjameslake wrote :

That helps but it doesnt tell you how to setup the adhoc network in windows 7 so I can use it without my broadband connection at a gig

To use it at a gig where there is no internet, you need Ad-Hoc (pc-to-pc) Wifi network yes.
Its very easy to set up, here is how :
http://www.7tutorials.com/how-set-ad-hoc-wireless-computer-computer-network

After you have started the ad-hoc network, you need to connect both your PC and device to this wifi network.
And wait a little to they identify each other..

Thats it ;)

Inviato Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 7:05 am
jakovskiPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2006
If you are on a gig then you could use a small acces point which provides WLAN for both devices.

Inviato Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 7:10 am
dj-in-norway wrote :
djjameslake wrote :

To use it at a gig where there is no internet, you need Ad-Hoc (pc-to-pc) Wifi network yes.
Its very easy to set up, here is how :
http://www.7tutorials.com/how-set-ad-hoc-wireless-computer-computer-network

After you have started the ad-hoc network, you need to connect both your PC and device to this wifi network.
And wait a little to they identify each other..

Thats it ;)

Got it working although I think it might be an idea to add info to the site or wiki as I think a lot of users are going to need the info because of the lack of documentation

Also on the facebook page it shows some other skins, how do we change skins on the app?

Inviato Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 7:16 am

Will write up a wiki guide.. good idea..
For 99% of the users, it will be "plug and play" (aka use the available internet)

But for those who want to use at places with no internet (at a gig for example), I'll write up something

Skins for the app will come real real soon.. Several skinners have skins almost done or done..
Will be on site asap

Inviato Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 7:24 am
dj-in-norway wrote :

Will write up a wiki guide.. good idea..
For 99% of the users, it will be "plug and play" (aka use the available internet)

But for those who want to use at places with no internet (at a gig for example), I'll write up something

Skins for the app will come real real soon.. Several skinners have skins almost done or done..
Will be on site asap

I hope so as at the moment its impossible to start a deck and control the mixer without switching between the deck and mixer layout which makes it very hard to control properly.

Very happy so far though

Inviato Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 7:25 am
sclavel wrote :
We had to change the network protocol and use Apple's "Bonjour" protocol instead of SSDP

I notice the product description on the Apple store still says that it uses SSDP.

Inviato Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 8:06 am
It has been reported than on iPad, sometimes the skin loads but the text are not visible.
If it happens to you, you just need to reupload a skin to the device:
To do this, connect the app and virtualdj, go in virtualdj to the iRemote page in config, and click "upload new skin".
The default iPad skin can be found here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/12366/iPad_default_skin.html

This problem doesn't appear on iPhone, it has been reported only on iPad so far.
We are working to get this fixed ASAP.

Inviato Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 8:18 am
Daz35PRO InfinityMember since 2007
I have followed the steps to create an adhoc network but my Ipad doesn't want to connect. It just tells me it's unable to connect. Any ideas please?

Inviato Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 8:33 am
Thank you ... just downloaded and tried it out! Lovin' it!!! This is really cool ...
Can't wait for the further updates and improvements. :)

Inviato Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 9:15 am
Forgive my ignorance, but if I buy the app for my iPhone today, and I get an iPad for Christmas, will I need to re-buy the app, or once one buys an app, can it be used on any device connected to that iTunes account?

Inviato Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 9:28 am
dj-in-norway wrote :
How to setup the App

Am I missing something? Does this only work with PRO? Works with PRO...not with HOME.

Inviato Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 9:42 am
Awesome, just got it. THANK YOU It works perfectly on my iphone and i'm glad i ordered an ipad yesterday. i'm looking forward to some of the new skins

Inviato Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 10:01 am
vote4gop wrote :
Forgive my ignorance, but if I buy the app for my iPhone today, and I get an iPad for Christmas, will I need to re-buy the app, or once one buys an app, can it be used on any device connected to that iTunes account?

Yes, the same app works on both iPhone, iPad and iPod.
You just need to pay once, and then you can use the app on as many iPhone/iPad as you want (as long as they are yours, obviously, no sharing with friends ;)

Inviato Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 10:14 am
sirwesley wrote :
Am I missing something? Does this only work with PRO? Works with PRO...not with HOME.

It works with HOME, but as it's written at the begining of the thread, you need HOME v7.0.2, which has been submitted to download.com, and should be available soon now.

Inviato Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 10:16 am
5%