Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: External Mixer with External Soundcard.

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

djkatshHome userMember since 2011
Hey Guys,

I currently have a DXM09 mixer by Numark. I also bought a UFO202 External USB SoundCard.
IM having a lot of difficulties putting it together. I currently have it as in outputs: External Mixer and in Sound Card: 4.1
I also have normal speakers which are connected to the sound card. In the mixer I can see its blinking and everything and that there is sound. But when I look in virtual dj the crossfader, knobs, everything are not moving. Any help?
My mixer is 3 channel mixer, I only use 2 channels. And wen I put my headphones on, I can hear everything in there. For example, i can listen to the effcts, the changes in trebble, bass, and mids, when i change the song (crossfader) it works fine, but not in virtual dj or in my speakers. My headphones are connected to the mixer, and my speakers to the soundcard.

Inviato Mon 31 Jan 11 @ 8:00 pm
You should connect your speakers on the mixer, and NOT the soundcard.
Also since your mixer is not MIDI capable you'll be able to use it as any mixer in the world but you won't see anything moving in the software.
In fact in order to have everything working correctly you should turn up all the volumes of the software and leave EQ & crossfader in the middle.

PS: From your soundcard you should send 2 cables to your mixer, one for each deck!

Inviato Tue 01 Feb 11 @ 6:02 am
Okay, but if I connect the speakers to my mixer will I be able to hear the effects I use in the mixer throughmy speakers? Look i have two rca hables red and white in both ends. They are connecte in the sound card to moxer. Can you please tell me the settings for vdj? Sorry I ama newb.

Inviato Tue 01 Feb 11 @ 6:29 pm
Okay, but if I connect the speakers to my mixer will I be able to hear the effects I use in the mixer throughmy speakers? Look i have two rca hables red and white in both ends. They are connecte in the sound card to moxer. Can you please tell me the settings for vdj? Sorry I ama newb.

Look here is my problems :

1) I have normal speakers, no amps.
2) When I move my crossfader to the right it is good, but when i have the second song playing (right deck) and the crossfader is to the left both songs are playing, and when i move it to the right both song fade out.
3) There are hundreds of djs who use virtual dj and have an external mixer like me. I did what you told me, left the eq in the middle and the crossfader and the same thing happened.

Please help, I just didnt waste 350 dollars in this.

Inviato Tue 01 Feb 11 @ 8:57 pm
What version are you using?

You have to get intp the config meny and select external mixer mode. Then i don't think that soundcard will work

Inviato Wed 02 Feb 11 @ 3:49 am
Version 7.. Why wont it work?!?! I saw a video it would! Ill buy version 6 if I need to. Just please tell me what I need to do.

Inviato Wed 02 Feb 11 @ 8:02 am
djnutzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Unbelievable.

Do you have a LEGAL copy of Virtual DJ?

If you DID, then when you go to the sound setup, you would choose external mixer single output mono separated. You can choose right or left assignments to either deck. But even more basic than that...

IF YOU PLAN TO BE A PROFESSIONAL DJ, THEN YOU SHOULD AT LEAST KNOW HOW TO HOOK UP THE GEAR!!!

ugh...

Inviato Wed 02 Feb 11 @ 10:18 pm
yes I do, its on my other computer (DJ Computer) Look don't get mad, I am a noob. I asked this question because Many people use different settings. THIS IS The FORUM, USED TO ASK QUESTIONS.

Inviato Thu 03 Feb 11 @ 6:50 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Right:

* In VDJ set sound config Inputs: None
* In VDJ set sound config Outputs: External Mixer
* In VDJ set sound config Sound card: Mono Seperated (your UFO202 is not a 4.1 card, it is a stereo card)
* In VDJ sound config choose your soundcard from the dropdown box next to Sound card
* Connect the output L soundcard phono to channel 1 on your mixer
* Connect the output R soundcard phono to channel 2 on your mixer
* Preferably switch your mixer to mono mode since you have to run mono now
* Connect your speakers to the master output from your mixer
* Connect your headphones to your mixer headphone socket
* Use your mixer to crossfade, level and eq
* Changes you make on your mixer will not appear in VDJ as it's not MIDI or HID capable and thus isn't telling VDJ what is happening

Load a track on both decks, and then use your mixer to control the sound. You should see the sound on two seperate channels. If you don't then you have incorrectly set up your sound configuration.

You've bought a soundcard which really is inadequate for the task I'm afraid. You really need 2+ stereo outputs.

I would also like to take this opportunity to remind all users to remain polite with each other...

Inviato Thu 03 Feb 11 @ 8:53 pm
djnutzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
As politely as I know how,

The computer that VDJ is installed on makes absolutely no difference. Register your serial number if you have a licensed copy.

Asking for help is one thing...I am all about offering assistance.

But it gets really old seeing "noob's" whining about how to get this or that to work. It would be a lot easier of they understood how to ask a proper question with decent grammar and spelling. I have paid for every single piece of gear, every song, and every piece of software. And until these newcomers figure out that in order to get respect, they need to respect the artists and software developers they will find help not very forthcoming.

Inviato Thu 03 Feb 11 @ 10:13 pm
whats your problem? Earn respect here? THIS IS A FORUM. And for your information, there is absoultley no topic here that explains how to connect an external mixer. IF you don't want to help, leave. You need to learn respect towards other people. So what if I dont know how to connect this and that? Thats why I'm asking.

Inviato Thu 03 Feb 11 @ 11:09 pm
@ SBDJ, thanks for your help. I wish there was people like you over the world who actually help. Sorry for this question: On my mixer it says phono or line, Which one do I pick? THANKS.
MIXER:

Channel 1 Channel 2
P L P L
0 0 RED 0 0 RED
0 0 WHITE 0 0 White

*Left output (White) goes to channel one (phono) right?
*Right outuput (RED) goes to channel 2 (phono)

P: Phono
L: Line

Inviato Thu 03 Feb 11 @ 11:12 pm
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
i tend to use phono. it mostly depends on what your speakers are doing. my amp has phono inputs but no line input. so i set it to phono.

if youre using say a hifi with an aux input for your amp and speakers, then use phono.

hope this helps

Inviato Fri 04 Feb 11 @ 4:53 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
It needs to go to the line sockets on your mixer.

The actual socket labelled phono is for connection directly to a record deck.

Inviato Fri 04 Feb 11 @ 5:25 am
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
what he^^^^^^ said lol.

Inviato Fri 04 Feb 11 @ 9:20 am
M'kay guys, thanks for your help, all sound is okay! Here is one problem I encountered while recording a mix. Once I finished recording the mix, I listend to it. When I crossfade to the other song, deck a is still playing. And then out of no where it cuts off. any suggestions?

Inviato Mon 07 Feb 11 @ 11:28 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)