Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Need help connecting Numark Mixtrack to computer speakers / headphone cue

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

My setup:
Numark mixtrack
iO Audio external soundcard
Desktop PC with 7.1 onboard sound
Logitech z-5300 5.1 speakers
VDJ LE

I'm having trouble getting music to cue up through my headphones; instead music from both decks play through my computer speakers. Here is my config setup if it helps: http://i.imgur.com/2Mxjs.jpg

Sound card one is my onboard sound card which is hooked up to my speakers and sound card two is the iO Audio hooked up via USB with headphones connected. All the drivers are up to date for both the soundcard and controller and I even tried changing the sound card option to the ASIO setting, but that only made music play through headphones only. This has been bugging me the past two days so a resolution to this would be much appreciated. :)

Inviato Sat 18 Jun 11 @ 2:15 am
Your sound setup is incorrect. Numark DJIO cannot be used in a 2 sound card setup. It has two outputs for master and headphones and must be used in that way.

Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/DJIO.html for the correct sound setup for master + headphones.

NOTE: If you want your master sound to come out through your PC speakers, then connect a suitable cable (2x RCA to 3.5" headphone jack) from the master output of the DJIO to the line input of your computer. The sound will then come out through the computer's speakers (If not, go to your sound card's mixer/control panel and ensure that the line input is not muted and the volume is set to an appropriate level.)

Inviato Sat 18 Jun 11 @ 12:54 pm
How do connect Numark DJ Software Controller (with Virtual DJ Limited Edition) software from my laptop to an amplifier. The controller does not have any outputs for audio connection to an amplifier

Inviato Sat 18 Jun 11 @ 4:08 pm
Thank you for your prompt response but I'm still having trouble getting audio to play through both speakers and headphones. I hooked up the cable (2x RCA to 3.5 stereo) from output 1 of the DJIO sound card to line in on my computer (onboard sound) but it still didn't work. The sound card is unmuted and set at max volume. I also followed the steps in the link you sent me for external hardware, changed from 2 card setup to ASIO but its still a no go.

One thing worth noting is when I go to the config screen to select an output, there's no external mixer option to select. Should I be following the "Internal software mixer configuration" section? Also, did I plug the RCA into the right output? Like I said, the RCA's are in output 1 going to line in so should the RCA's be plugged into output 2 and run that through line input on my computer? Thanks again.

Inviato Sat 18 Jun 11 @ 4:54 pm
Sorry, my last post was wrong since I wrote it at work without seeing any of the devices. I actually had the RCA's plugged into output 2 instead of 1. I switched them and plugged the RCA's in output 1 and ran that though to the line input but I still only get sound coming from the headphones. Here's how I set it up: http://i.imgur.com/BJRAv.jpg and here is my sound card settings: http://i.imgur.com/PKmiV.jpg

This shouldn't be this difficult! What am i doing wrong? :(

Inviato Sat 18 Jun 11 @ 10:06 pm
The connections are correct.

Most likely the line input of your computer's built-in sound card is either muted or disabled.

Go into your sound card's mixer control panel (Or the default Windows control panel if it doesn't have one - Double on the volume (speaker) icon at the bottom-right of the screen in Windows 7/Vista and then click on the mixer link.)

Make sure that the line input is turned up and is not muted.

Inviato Sun 19 Jun 11 @ 1:19 pm
yendor59 wrote :
How do connect Numark DJ Software Controller (with Virtual DJ Limited Edition) software from my laptop to an amplifier. The controller does not have any outputs for audio connection to an amplifier

What controller do you have? If it has no outputs, then it probably doesn't have its own built-in sound card.

If this is the case, you will need to purchase an external sound card such as Numark DJIO or a simple stereo USB card to use for the headphones.

Inviato Sun 19 Jun 11 @ 1:20 pm
I finally got it working properly! Turns out the line in was muted so I cranked that up all the way and it works flawlessly. I can't thank you enough. You really were a big help.

Inviato Sun 19 Jun 11 @ 2:19 pm
p pegsHome userMember since 2017
I have a party mix and I am having trouble getting the channels to play the sound out of the speakers and when I want to play it out of the headphone while I press the button

Inviato Fri 06 Oct 17 @ 5:04 pm
virrtual dj can't connect my controller Numark mixtrack3... got the device in a usb.2..... anyone got an idea

Inviato Fri 03 Nov 17 @ 9:27 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)