Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: MAPPING HELP / Activate Effect on Inactive Deck

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Need a little help on this. its probably an easy find, but its killing me

i'm mixing using 2 decks

I need to activate an effect on the inactive deck, while both decks are playing... can anyone help me out with a script?

Inviato Thu 18 Aug 11 @ 11:28 pm
what do you mean by the inactive deck ? Is that the one not highlighted in the pfl ? if so you need to be a little tricky as "deck active" doesn't work anymore. Something like this should work

deck 1 select ? deck 2 effect active : deck 2 select ? deck 1 effect active

Or if you just want to activate the effect on the deck in the pfl, just use

deck default effect active

Inviato Thu 18 Aug 11 @ 11:40 pm
sorry, let me re-word my probelm.

I need help finding scripts for "activating an effect on deck 1" & "activating an effect on deck 2"

I can assign everything fine, the problem I run into is the deck has to be highlighted for the short cut to work.

I need to figure out what script will allow me to activate the effect no matter if the deck is highlighted or not highlighted.

Inviato Fri 19 Aug 11 @ 5:17 pm
Anyone?

Inviato Tue 23 Aug 11 @ 12:36 am
You answered your own question, lol! Try it like this, 'deck 1 effect 1active on' and for deck 2 use 'deck 2 effect 1 active on'

Good Day
Huey

Inviato Tue 23 Aug 11 @ 12:44 am
gorluHome userMember since 2008
i also go a problem here. On the old version of virtual dj i had a setting like this. Effect Activate On Inactive Deck. Simply meaning the effect is being activate on the deck that is not highlight. I just can find the similar mapping for this in virtual dj 7. Can any one help me out. It help me with mix alot. I try all the different mapping but just can't get it to work.

Inviato Sat 21 Apr 12 @ 6:17 pm

Inviato Sun 22 Apr 12 @ 1:11 pm
Same issue here. I need an effect like backspin to work on the deck I am mixing out of. But it's effecting the deck I am mixing to. The deck commands you posted do NOT appear to allow this. I don't wish to specify specific decks like deck 1 etc. I need the effect to apply to the deck that is not active.

Inviato Tue 23 Apr 13 @ 4:46 pm
The link above does show this.

Quote :
deck active to apply to the active deck (The one playing out live.)
deck default to apply to the default deck (The one being cued up/pre-listened to.)

I.e: You would need to use deck active effect "backspin" active - This will apply it to the song that's currently playing out live.

Inviato Tue 23 Apr 13 @ 5:54 pm
Some help here,how can i change the active deck(the highlighted one) in order to use a loop or an effect on the other deck using a keyboard shortcut,but without changing trigerring the pfl button ?

Inviato Wed 21 Jun 17 @ 11:25 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)