Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Having issues connecting my external mixer to vdj pro!!!

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi, Just wandering if any kids out there can assist me with my problem...
I just bought vdj pro 7 and am struggling to get my mixer to work with it.
Im running a mac pro with an alesis io2 soundcard and a numark dxmo6 mixer. If anyone out there can give me some sort of guideline to get it working I would be most greatful..

Cheers,
Daniel.

Inviato Wed 24 Aug 11 @ 8:32 am

Inviato Wed 24 Aug 11 @ 9:04 am
Did everything the manual said and still wont work..

Inviato Wed 24 Aug 11 @ 9:52 am
MKY555PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Have you tried leaving out the sound card then connecting the laptop directly to the mixer and setting each deck to each side of your mixer? If your mixer has a USB connection you can just set it in the sound setup, if not you can select mono separated output with deck 1 and deck 2 on different mono channels
Just to see if your getting an output from the MAC?
I'm not two familiar with your sound card sorry, I've had a look at it but I use a numark djio and it's pretty different

Inviato Wed 24 Aug 11 @ 10:36 am
I've got the Numark Mixdeck and a Macbook Pro15. I'm having problems with the connecting the two to run my Virtual Dj pro! Can anyone walk me through this so that i can figure out what i'm doing wrong!?!?!?

Inviato Fri 26 Aug 11 @ 11:01 am

Inviato Fri 26 Aug 11 @ 12:24 pm
The mixer section of the MixDeck is a hardware audio mixer and is not MIDI capable. It cannot control VirtualDJ in any way and the knobs/sliders on the VirtualDJ skin's mixer will not move. With a hardware audio mixer, this is not necessary - Simply look at the positions of the real knobs of the MixDeck instead. Video mixing using the crossfader is also not possible, however you could map a knob on one of the CD players to video_crossfader or a button to video_transition to perform an automatic transition to that deck. For further information, please see VDJscript

So when i'm connected thru a 2.0 usb thru my mac with Virtual DJ, the numark will not be able to fad back and forth?

Inviato Fri 26 Aug 11 @ 1:43 pm
It will be able to fade between the audio of the left and right deck, just like any other external audio DJ mixer, if you configure its sound card for External Mixer in your sound config - See http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/MixDeck.html

However, it will not and cannot move the on-screen faders of the mixer in VirtualDJ. It is a real hardware audio mixer and does not send MIDI.

Inviato Sun 28 Aug 11 @ 7:30 am
hey i have been using vdj pro for about 4 years now and ive had this issue for a while either cuz i dont know how to solve it or its just not available in the software. i am currently running vdj pro full 7 i believe. my problem is that i want to record with vdj while im using my two cdj turntables and my external mixer. i can record but my external mixer doesnt affect the virtual mixer in the vdj software to the point where when i slide the fader over in my external mixer it doesnt read it in the vdj mixer and wont capture me fading the song in the program. please help (also in traktorscratch, itch, and serato it reads the recorded signal in their external controllers with the program if that helps explain what im talking about at all)

Inviato Sun 28 Aug 11 @ 11:40 pm
In that case, please register your Pro serial number on the page http://www.virtualdj.com/users/edit.html and download the latest version from http://www.virtualdj.com/download/updates.html - If you like the software, please support it and its future development by purchasing it.

It is technically impossible for an external DJ mixer to be affect the internal mixer in VirtualDJ (Or any other software for that matter) unless it is MIDI capable. Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Recording%20your%20set%20or%20broadcasting%20when%20using%20an%20external%20DJ%20mixer.html

Inviato Mon 29 Aug 11 @ 10:46 am
i dont understand what MIDI means. how can i tell if my equipment is MIDI capable?

Inviato Fri 02 Sep 11 @ 2:01 pm
MIDI means 'Musical Instrument Digital Interface' - It's a means for hardware to communicate directly with software, e.g: When you press a button on your mixer, it can trigger a function in VirtualDJ.

Most traditional DJ mixers aren't MIDI capable and for normal audio mixing, they don't need to be.

To record properly with an external mixer, simply follow the advice on the link above.

Inviato Fri 02 Sep 11 @ 2:41 pm
I have a 2009 macbook, and a dj control jog vision. I have been on the internet all day trying to get virtual dj8 to work for me. I'm having trouble uploading music directly from my iTunes to vdj8, and I'm having trouble with my MIDI actually letting me control vdi8. My MIDI turns on and it will light up and everything but it doesn't do anything when I try to use it even though music plays from my speakers and headphones. What is the problem??

Inviato Thu 15 Jun 17 @ 3:42 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)