Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: I have just fallen in love with this plugin! - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

http://www.sugar-bytes.de/content/products/Turnado/details.php?lang=en

well the demo version anyway, it's fairly expensive for a plugin at US$179, but worth it from the last hour of enjoyment i have had in slicing, looping, mashing & destroying beats, and the best bit is it's fully compatible with vdj and not too cpu hungry. you do need to open the controller window to change the internal settings and advanced mode looks a bit intimidating at a glance, but the knobs show up as sliders in the effect window so are fully mappable to your controller. Finally a modular effect controller for vdj.

get on to it

Inviato Sun 16 Oct 11 @ 7:32 am
Looks awesome. Just downloaded it and am trying to figure out how to get it to play nice with VDJ. Can you explain how to route the sound of VDJ into it?

Inviato Mon 17 Oct 11 @ 2:22 am
for a pc.. just install the dll in virtual dj -> plugins -> sound effects (i did it in the setup). and let the plugin install in your default folder in program files. Then just open vdj and it will be in your sound effect list in the effect browser. click on turnado. when that populates you just need to open controller window and you will see the plugin displayed as above.

you can use any of the effects by draging the small coloured boxes to the large yellow and black boxes, there are also different presets if you right click on the box when an effect is loaded, the edit mode does work in that it changes the settings of the effect parameters, but the skin does not move to show a change, which is a bit of a setback, but hopefully you can just adjust the settings in a proper daw and load them into the plugin through vdj..

Inviato Mon 17 Oct 11 @ 3:51 am
Nice! but that price?

Inviato Mon 17 Oct 11 @ 4:00 am
The price is nothing unusual for a pro level VST plugin...

In fact compared to some, that's cheap!

VST was originally developed by Steinberg for use with Cubase in recording studios.

The tech has filiered down but the high end users are still there.

Inviato Mon 17 Oct 11 @ 4:17 am
well its better sounding and just as capable as a korg kp3 effect wise, at half the price you just dont get the hardware, but there are heaps of suitable controllers you could use instead as all you need is 8 knobs, Im not sure if i will get over it after a month trial so i will decide when the trial ends, but the flawless sound & looping do rate highly with me, but the filter is pretty average

Inviato Mon 17 Oct 11 @ 4:51 am
groovindj wrote :
The price is nothing unusual for a pro level VST plugin...

In fact compared to some, that's cheap!

VST was originally developed by Steinberg for use with Cubase in recording studios.

The tech has filiered down but the high end users are still there.

Right...but I know the history of steinberg ...and heck....got Vdj pro for less than that...and that sounds great to me....;-)

Inviato Mon 17 Oct 11 @ 7:18 am
but the skin does not move to show a change, which is a bit of a setback, but hopefully you can just adjust the settings in a proper daw and load them into the plugin through vdj..[/quote]

i have the same problem.
the window that pops up when you click activate in the effects tab does not move.
can we fix it? maybe resize it?

Cheers!

Inviato Mon 17 Oct 11 @ 3:19 pm
I'm getting real excited about this new plugin, but still am running into a wall. The advice you gave was helpful for PC users, but I use Mac.
Does anyone here use mac and know how to get this to run through VDJ?

Inviato Mon 17 Oct 11 @ 11:12 pm
hey guys, i can't seem to load turnado in vdj, i installed everything into the vdj sound effects folder, but nothing shows up in VDJ saying that its there.

Any ideas?

aslo a breif how to set up with VDJ would be awesome.

This is the tool i've been waiting for, and if i could get it to work like i think i can, i will finally be set on VDJ as opposed to some other programs.

Inviato Fri 21 Oct 11 @ 2:39 pm
dont install the actual plugin in vdj, just the dll, the plugin belongs in program fies, if you click on the install file you will be able to set the directories you install it into, you also need to activate the pro trial to use it

Inviato Fri 21 Oct 11 @ 7:50 pm
Yeah synthet1c..ur saying "controll it from outside of VDj,where we installed it?" figured that but would be nicer if that pannel's buttons moved while opened in the VDJ Browser.any other way?

Inviato Fri 21 Oct 11 @ 10:10 pm
I still don't under stand, i installed it in the default files, copied the .dll to the sound effects folder in VDJ, and still nothing.

Inviato Sat 22 Oct 11 @ 1:06 am
u probably need a Licenced version of VDJ....otherwise u select it under sound effects on the right listings then activate it.it will open up.oh and when u first installedownloads?d it did u setup the audio/midi configurations (this is done outside of Virtual Dj folders.also i dont use defaults for the install place,i put it where i can get at it quick,like a folder under

Inviato Sat 22 Oct 11 @ 1:31 am
Just tried them out, mapped six knobs of a midi controller to three effects per deck, works like a charm! Did some Goa Trance with it: http://i.mixcloud.com/Cor6r

Inviato Sat 22 Oct 11 @ 1:23 pm
Alright, I still don't see the turnado on the effects pannel in VDJ, but when i try to set it up outside of VDJ, it says "Error Getting Device Info" when trying to set up my hercules RMX (since its my sound card) for the audio in/output

Inviato Sat 22 Oct 11 @ 2:19 pm
Alright, got it to show up in VDJ, but when i click on the turado effect, the turnado program window does not open.

If someone could give me the set up in Turnado to work with my hercules RMX that would be sweet.

Inviato Sat 22 Oct 11 @ 7:15 pm
Bump.

As of now, i got Turnado to show up in VDJ, but when you click on it, it does nothing

I don't know if i have the settings in turnado right or not

Inviato Sun 23 Oct 11 @ 4:08 pm
bumpage.

Inviato Mon 24 Oct 11 @ 6:44 pm
i left you a bit of time to figure it out yourself as then you can use that knowlege to play around more... anyway if you havn't figured it out yet, you need to load the effect slots in turnado with the available boxes, then close the effect window so you are in plain old vdj, you then activate the effect and use the vertacle sliders in vdj's effect section of the browser to control the effect parameters, or you can map a knob as "effect 'turnado' slider 1" simple.

Inviato Tue 25 Oct 11 @ 8:22 am
53%