Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Recording mixes - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Hi guys,
I am trying to record a mix for soundcloud and I am wondering how to set up audacity so that I can record a live mix.
So if anyone has experience using audacity to record mixes, any help would be most appreciated.
I am just using a 15'' MBP and a mixtrack pro as my gear.

P.S if this question has already been answered, please forgive me. The search function is a bit screwed for me.

Inviato Wed 08 Feb 12 @ 8:07 am
I think is easier for you to record your mix using VDJ software and then uploading it to SC. I tried Audacity a couple of times and it gives you the option to save your files (just like VDJ) then the next step would be uploading to SC.

Inviato Wed 08 Feb 12 @ 10:23 am
Boldillo is right. Just use Vdj. Make sure your configuration is correct to do so. Being that the mixtrack is a soundcard, you should change all the audio settings to primary sound card. If you want to implement a Mic, you will keep the setting the same but use a ”y” cable to plug in the mixtrack into the Mic input on your laptop. You will need to use the advanced config settings. The mixtrack will be your master and your internal soundcard will be the audio capture. This should be set as a record loop back. Oh yeah, set the other output on the mixtrack to master to monitor your set.

Hope this helps.

Inviato Wed 08 Feb 12 @ 2:16 pm
He is a limited edition user so he can't use VDJ.....

Since you are using the mixtrack pro go from line out 2 into the line input of your computer (using one of those rca cables on one end & headphone jack on the other) Set audacity to record from your line input & there you go...

Inviato Wed 08 Feb 12 @ 8:20 pm
msullyHome userMember since 2012
I'm a complete novice to Virtual DJ and desperately need some guidance on how to record a mix. I have been selecting approx 20 or so songs in my play list and want them to be automatically mixed and recorded so I can burn to a cd to help me at my daughters birthday party which is happening next week. Any guidance on how to do this would be most appreciated.
Many Thanks

Inviato Thu 09 Feb 12 @ 7:24 am
Cheers everyone (:

Inviato Thu 09 Feb 12 @ 7:30 pm
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Get Hard disk ogg.

tape out of mixer line in on pc.

make line in default input source.

done...

Inviato Thu 09 Feb 12 @ 7:39 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The LE versions do support internal recording.

The need of audacity or similar recording software comes in cases of controllers that have non-midi mixer such as Numark Mixdeck and AA VMS4 or in case you wish to record the mic on controllers that have that hardwired. For those case you need to follow this way .. http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Recording%20your%20set%20or%20broadcasting%20when%20using%20an%20external%20DJ%20mixer.html

In case of Mixtrack, you may record using VirtualDJ LE version, unless you wish to record the MIC too, which is hardwired.

Inviato Thu 09 Feb 12 @ 9:48 pm
I have virtual dj le lite edition and a numark iDj Live II and on my its not giving the menu to record/sampler/scratch etc. there isnt a record button on my mixer or on the software how am i supposed to record

Inviato Fri 20 Sep 13 @ 11:35 pm
@ WhyYouBadAtCoD

it should be under the record tab, a u can see below.. ;-)

Inviato Sat 21 Sep 13 @ 12:42 am
WhyYouBadAtCoD wrote :
I have virtual dj le lite edition and a numark iDj Live II and on my its not giving the menu to record/sampler/scratch etc. there isnt a record button on my mixer or on the software how am i supposed to record

Please read the post before yours.

Inviato Sat 21 Sep 13 @ 2:29 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hi, when I record a song in VDJ 7.4 pro the recorded song Deck Gain automatically jumps to 100% and the mix wave’s form shrink as seen in the scratch window. If I tried to adjust, the Gain by mere touching the Deck Gain knob the song volume fades. If I reload the mixed song, its volume level is at its normal level again. Therefore, I cannot adjust the gain knob on recorded song but it still at 100% whereas the original song Gain knob is at 50 %. How can I get the recorded song Gain to be 50% as the original without the wave form shrinking? My settings are OPTION/auto Gain set to Auto and PERFORMANCE/latency set to Auto. Help please. thx regards.

Inviato Sun 16 Feb 14 @ 5:07 pm
This is because the gain required to bring it up to the normalised level of 0dB is above the adjustment range allowed by the gain knob. This is most probably because the output level was far too low when recording, so it has recorded a very quiet file.

power_gain allows a greater positive gain to be set, so you could try mapping this to a MIDI controller knob, but even this may not be enough.

The best solution is to use an external tool such as MP3Gain to adjust the gain on the file itself to an appropriate level or use an external audio editor such as Audacity to permanently increase the volume to an appropriate level (In both cases, you will need to re-analyse the song in VirtualDJ again afterwards, or manually adjust the gain to the appropriate level.)

NOTE: If it has been recorded at a such a low level then the quality may not be good when boosted due to lack of dynamic range.

Inviato Mon 17 Feb 14 @ 6:47 am
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Thanks Team.

Inviato Mon 17 Feb 14 @ 12:27 pm
woohoo I can finally do it. I was using ssl 4 a long time and there was no function for it

Inviato Tue 25 Feb 14 @ 10:12 am
Oh yeah there's the option for it on the mixtrack pro aswell

Inviato Tue 25 Feb 14 @ 10:15 am
I am having trouble with my levels during recording I'd if my configuration is wrong I don't have any monitors just using my headphones on a numark n4 it sounds perfect in my headphones during recording but once I'm done if I plug into a speaker system it sounds horrible it's quiet and honestly sounds completely different any suggestions I would really like to get this figured out

Inviato Fri 30 May 14 @ 2:11 pm
Hi Guys

So here's the deal - first I'm as technical as a goldfish so please bear that in mind.

Basically I want to record a mix for my brother's wedding. I am using VDJ7 home on a Sony Vaio.

However, some of the tunes he has given me are protected so the VDJ record function wont work on them

I have tried recording directly into audacity and it simply records the mic input (even though no mic is plugged in). So I used NCH Powertap and that seems to record well HOWEVER when I put a new track into a VDJ deck I get loss of quality on the playing track - it kinda phases???

What's the deal?? Do I need more than one soundcard or something??

Any help - or simple record solutions greatly appreciated

Thanks
Rich.

Inviato Wed 09 Jul 14 @ 8:07 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Do the tracks play inside VDJ?

Inviato Wed 09 Jul 14 @ 4:34 pm
PLEASE HELP!!!! I need to mix JT's "Suit and Tie" and "Ice Ice Baby" together...something like "Baby I got your suit and tie...Ice Ice Baby" or something similar. I have an event today at 1pm. I asked a local DJ to help me out and he is unable to do it :( Can someone please help me? I can offer you a little something :)

Thanks,
Melanie

Moderated - Please do not post email addresses on the forum.

Inviato Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 8:41 am
87%