Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: headphone distortion VDJ with herc rmx

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi,

All of a sudden my headphones are monitering terribly - i have tried different headphones and made sure the ASIO driver is selected in the herc rmx control panel.

Everything seems set up as it should be but my reception through the headphones is terrible and i rely on them as my main moniters.

Any idea what may be causing this issue?

Inviato Thu 09 Feb 12 @ 2:14 am
Using latest VDJ with Windows 7 and a hercules RMX with the latest drivers.

Inviato Thu 09 Feb 12 @ 2:15 am
inputs: none
outputs: headphones mast chan 1&2 / headphones channel 3&4
soundcard: asio driver - hercules dj console rmx ASIO

Just uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers - still having the same problem. Terrible distortion in headphones. Tried different headphones and both headphone slots.

Inviato Thu 09 Feb 12 @ 2:36 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
Can you try connecting speakers to Output 3-4, to see if you get the same distorted signal ?

The headphone out and Output 3-4 are sending the same signal, so this will help determine if this could be a hardware problem.

Also try reversing the audio configuration (mast chan 3&4/ headphones channel 1&2) , again, to see if the problem is hardware or software.

Inviato Thu 09 Feb 12 @ 7:58 am
DJ Phatso wrote :
Can you try connecting speakers to Output 3-4, to see if you get the same distorted signal ?

The headphone out and Output 3-4 are sending the same signal, so this will help determine if this could be a hardware problem.

Also try reversing the audio configuration (mast chan 3&4/ headphones channel 1&2) , again, to see if the problem is hardware or software.

Connected speakers to output 3/4 - same issue. The sound coming out of the speakers is perfect, no compromise in quality there - it's just what im hearing through the headphones sounds crackly and distorted.

I reversed the audio configuration, the headphone volume was lower but did seem slightly less distorted (although i imagine this was due to the lower volume).

Im currently living in Vietnam and had to have the Herc RMX brought over from Canada - there are no DJ shops here whatsoever. Not even had the RMX 6 months and this has happened, really hope its not a hardware error as DJ'ing is my only source of income and i play 5 nights a week!

Thanks for responding so quick, look forward to hearing from you

Inviato Thu 09 Feb 12 @ 11:34 pm
Just want to bump this up as it is still a massive problem. Had a terrible gig last night due to the problem and i will be playing the next two nights as well.

Please help me with this problem.

Inviato Fri 10 Feb 12 @ 11:31 pm
Psytramp wrote :
Just want to bump this up as it is still a massive problem. Had a terrible gig last night due to the problem and i will be playing the next two nights as well. Please help me with this problem.

I have encountered the same problems with my fellow DJ's in my place it works only for a few tracks then it becomes distorted forever until we restart the programs again. We did not get the right solution to it for a months and what we did was we uninstalled the VDJ and the Hercules driver and reinstalled and the problem was over. Now it is working perfectly. This problem is not with VDJ softwares but for Hercules RMX hardware maybe i suspect the firmware and the test weve done was to have the VDJ open and run the two controllers run once at a time with VDMS4 and the HERCULES RMX the VMS4 is working perfectly and while the HERCULES RMX is not working well.

Inviato Sat 11 Feb 12 @ 2:05 am
i have reinstalled - its still an issue.

its been ages now.

hercules are also not responding to my messages.

come on guys help me out please - i have lost a hell of a lot of money through this now and its looking like i may have to fly to singapore / thailand just to get new equipment.

i can see other peoples issues been responded to - why not mine?

i have been a user of VDJ for years now and always got adequate support.. until now.

really feeling let down by VDJ on this.

Inviato Wed 15 Feb 12 @ 4:00 am

Inviato Wed 15 Feb 12 @ 5:04 am
problems still persist

also tried hardware on a diferent laptop with same issue.

so looks like its a hardware issue... been in touch with hercules but its taken 5 days to get a reply.

i haven't even had the controller for 6 months...

such a let down.

Inviato Thu 16 Feb 12 @ 1:31 am
If you have tried it on multiple computers and have the same issue, then it is most likely a hardware fault.

Only the manufacturer Hercules can help you with this, assuming that it is still under warranty. You may need to send it away for repair. If you purchased it from a local store then they should be able to do this on your behalf.

Hercules support can be contacted via http://ts.hercules.com

Alternatively, you could use an external sound card instead of the sound card built into the RMX, e.g: Numark DJIO.

Inviato Mon 20 Feb 12 @ 6:22 am
bukayoHome userMember since 2008
pls help i have this problem too... distorted headphone its hard too listen to the monitor

Inviato Sun 05 Aug 12 @ 12:55 pm
Hello,

I just upgraded from the original RMX to the RMX2 and I have this same problem. The sound in my headphones is very distorted. I never had this problem with my RMX. I bought the RMX2 brand new in the box from a guy on ebay so it should still be under warranty.

I used it on 2 gigs last week and didn't notice any problems with the distorted sound, then last night out of nowhere, the sound in the headphones just became terribly distorted and never went away.

Do I need to contact Hercules? Is this something they have to fix? Bummer.... as I am a HUGE fan of the original RMX. That's why I upgraded.

Inviato Sun 09 Jun 13 @ 4:40 pm
Okay, after some testing, I am pretty sure I understand exactly what is going on here.

The headphone output on the RMX2 is much hotter than on the original RMX. On my RMX, I could turn the headphone jack all the way up and hear ZERO distortion in my headphones... and I LIKED THAT.

On the RMX2, if you turn the headphone's volume knob all the way up, the sound becomes distorted.

The reason I didn't notice it on my 2 gigs last week was because they were low volume karaoke gigs and I didn't need the headphones turned up loud.

Last night, I was doing an important dj gig where we were at max capacity. The place was packed and I had to turn the music up, which in turn made me turn up the headphones all the way up like I always did on my original RMX. That is when the sound in my headphones became distorted and that is the reason why.

I just tested my original RMX again. I turned the headphones all the way to the max and I had nothing but crystal clear sound in my headphones.

So it looks like it will be a matter of me adjusting to the new headphone amp they put in the RMX2. Bummer. It's very powerful. Actually, too powerful. I prefer the headphone amp from the original RMX.

Oh well... at least I have it figured out now. Just don't turn the headphones all the way up anymore.

Good day everyone.

Inviato Sun 09 Jun 13 @ 6:31 pm
A common problem with some MIDI controllers is the headphone output isn't loud enough (Especially on USB powered only controllers mainly intended for home (Bedroom) use, where a high output level isn't really necessary.)

More expensive DJ headphones should be able to handle higher output levels, but this should not really be necessary and you could damage your hearing.

Also, VirtualDJ LE doesn't support karaoke and is limited to a small output window for trial purposes. To be able to output karaoke full-screen, you will need to upgrade to the full VirtualDJ Pro. You can upgrade from VirtualDJ LE for RMX2 to the full VirtualDJ Pro at a considerable discount (Assuming that it's not second hand and has already been used): http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Inviato Mon 10 Jun 13 @ 12:19 pm
Same problem here. Just bought Hercules Dj Console RMX 2 - Premium, installed the drivers and played with Virtual DJ. Unfortunately headphones are distorted even in low volume. This is not hapennning all the time but when i move the volume know. I tried with two different PCs but both PCs have also installed ASIO drivers from VMS4.1.

Can this be related with the problem (VMS4.1 ASIO to cause problem on Hercules ASIO driver)?

Inviato Sat 13 Dec 14 @ 5:00 pm
DJKikas83,

You know I had that problem sometimes with my old RMX2. The headphones would be very distorted even at low volumes. Believe it or not, I was able to make the distortion go away by just re-inserting the headphones jack several times and playing around with the headphones volume control until the distortion just finally disappeared. It seems silly, but it actually worked for me every time. Don't know if this will help you, but it worked for me.

Inviato Tue 10 Jan 17 @ 10:45 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)