Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Turntables? - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

I'm looking into buying some turntables and i wanted to know if you guys know of any affordable and good quality turntables that are compatible with virtual dj. Any help is appreciate. Thanx

Inviato Fri 10 Feb 12 @ 6:50 pm
DjCaroPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Compatible ?? : ALL

Good Expensive and discontinued : Technics
Good and cheap : Relooop 6000 , Akiyama Acura , Sync

Inviato Sat 11 Feb 12 @ 7:42 am
hello, I have these turntables and here's a video with VirtualDJ Pro Full TimeCode :

SYNQ X-TRM.1

[youtube]dTLa_Wbiw-k&feature=related[/youtube]

Yan, DJ Rewop

Inviato Sat 11 Feb 12 @ 11:18 am
stanton t.62
stanton st150

Inviato Mon 13 Feb 12 @ 9:51 pm
djspynnPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Check out idnnow.com...

Inviato Tue 14 Feb 12 @ 1:46 am
Any of the Numark range from the TT200 up are a good deck

Inviato Tue 14 Feb 12 @ 5:37 am
DjCaroPRO InfinityMember since 2006
adrianbcd3000 wrote :

stanton st150

Stanton st150 is an OEM TT , but more expensive than the same branded by other companies .

Synq XTRM1/Omnitronic DD5250/Akiyama DJ4000 Acura/AMDJ HTD4.5/Stanton STR8-150/ST150/Citronic PD45/Reloop RP6000MK5 are all the SAME .

Inviato Tue 14 Feb 12 @ 9:58 am
passing it should not be the turntable but important thing is:

Vinyl timecode : Serato ScratchLive V2

diamond : Ortofon S-120

Yan, DJ Rewop

Inviato Tue 14 Feb 12 @ 11:29 am
gribouillon wrote :
passing it should not be the turntable but important thing is:

Vinyl timecode : Serato ScratchLive V2

diamond : Ortofon S-120

Yan, DJ Rewop

When you say "Serato ScratchLive V2", is that the "SL2 box" or is that software?

I thought Serato is a software (like VDJ), but software which requires a proprietary box (SL1, SL2, etc).

So, does VDJ work through an SL2box?

If so, why get a Serato box, rather than a Maya 44 box? Looking on eBay, the Maya box is less expensive, though it may not run Serato. But if you use VDJ Pro, you don't need the Serato software, right? I spent $300 or so on the VDJ Pro last year, so I don't want to spend more on a different software, nor do I want to learn yet another program.

I'm asking for clarification. I have been using VDJ Pro with a NuMark MixDeck, but I just purchased a pair of 1200's from a friend. He uses Serato and a Rane TTM57, but I don't yet have an interface box or needles yet, and I'm trying to find the best route (and preferably something less expensive than his Serato/Rane system).

Inviato Thu 12 Apr 12 @ 7:41 am

Inviato Thu 12 Apr 12 @ 8:16 am
xcakidPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Stanton St150
Technics SL1200 (plenty of them on Craiglist)

Inviato Thu 12 Apr 12 @ 8:19 am
A good place to by a TTUSB turntable by Numark for $100 bucks is MOOG Audio. It's in Toronto. Also to learn how to set up a timecode turntable, a guy called producermat on YouTube. He tells you everything you need to know. Also, does any one know if you can use any type of timecode, does it matter which on you use or does it have to a VirtualVinyl?

Inviato Thu 12 Apr 12 @ 3:09 pm
xcakidPRO InfinityMember since 2010
juliansantorsola wrote :
A good place to by a TTUSB turntable by Numark for $100 bucks is MOOG Audio. It's in Toronto. Also to learn how to set up a timecode turntable, a guy called producermat on YouTube. He tells you everything you need to know. Also, does any one know if you can use any type of timecode, does it matter which on you use or does it have to a VirtualVinyl?

The best one to use is the Serato vinyl.

Inviato Thu 12 Apr 12 @ 3:15 pm
where can i by Synq XTRM-1

Inviato Sat 09 Jun 12 @ 5:30 pm
Very cool videos ....whoa. I've been out of it for soooooo long. Your work makes me want back in : )

DJ
[Link to external website with commercial links removed - See forum rules]

Inviato Mon 09 Jul 12 @ 2:54 am
Hi I have bought a record player(turn table),well I got it for my birthday :) Yesterday, Its a USB one its called a Denver,its really nice,its blue and looks retro,can I use it with Virtual DJ,how does it work,VDJ hears the sound from the record so it know where the arm is or something like that,and do I need a special record to play,thats the Timecode right..? (I don't call records vinals cos I was born in the 70s and was a kid in the 80s and always called them records,33s,45s and 78s,78s where think records,HMV,His Masters Voice or maybe one day Hers Misses Voice.. :) ).

Inviato Thu 01 Feb 18 @ 2:17 pm
spannernick wrote :
Hi I have bought a record player(turn table),well I got it for my birthday :) Yesterday, Its a USB one its called a Denver,its really nice,its blue and looks retro,can I use it with Virtual DJ,how does it work,VDJ hears the sound from the record so it know where the arm is or something like that,and do I need a special record to play,thats the Timecode right..? (I don't call records vinals cos I was born in the 70s and was a kid in the 80s and always called them records,33s,45s and 78s,78s where think records,HMV,His Masters Voice or maybe one day Hers Misses Voice.. :) ).

Yes, you need a timecode vinyl/record
VDJ can read almost any type of them
Then you need a soundcard with a stereo in that you can connect to the audio out on the turntable to, and that VDJ can recognize, so it can turn the time code into control of the digital audio file it's playing
Finally you need some kind of mixer to handling mixing the tracks VDJ plays

It's often illustrated something like this:

Inviato Thu 01 Feb 18 @ 2:36 pm
OK just looked no can't use USB but Mine is not just USB it has left and right RCA connectors so you can connect it to a Amp,so it should work then cos its a normal record player too

Oh I got mine from Cash Converters,they sell a lot of stuff for VDJ by the way.

Inviato Thu 01 Feb 18 @ 2:42 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If it has USB it should have the sound card built in, you should be able to use it that way.
To try just connect them through USB, use the timecode button in the VDJ audio config to add timecode inputs and check if the turntable is available through the sound card drop-down next to the timecode inputs.

Inviato Thu 01 Feb 18 @ 2:51 pm
Ok I get it now,You need a interface with 4 RCA on it and it can connect but USB or PCIe..yes..then you connect your record player to it,one more thing can you do the without a subscription,cos I am doing this for fun and at home and not getting any money for doing it,just for me,If so I can't do it,I am disabled and don't work so get benefit only ..?

Inviato Thu 01 Feb 18 @ 3:03 pm
49%