Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: N4 OR VMS 4.1

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

MATT CPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hi Guys,looking to upgrade my midi mixer, I have at the moment mixtrack pro, which is great and been very sturdy controller, but looking at a 4ch mixing now, the vms4.1 looks very well built and well laid out but the jog wheels let it down for me too small but could adjust to that looking at the build quality improvement on the rest of the mixer, the n4 is nice as well simallar to the mixtrack but more features build quality doesnt look as good though, any input would help on this thanks.

Inviato Fri 24 Feb 12 @ 4:26 pm
I had the VMS4 like a lot of others and the idea was amazing but the equipment was the most disgustingly put together bit of DJ equipment myself and many other djs have ever used. It COMPLETELY broke down after less than 2 months use.

They've supposedly "fixed" the issues it had by releasing the 4.1 which has better parts but from looking at the AA forums - theres still LOTS of issues with the new one.

I'd look at the N4, looks like a good controller or save up for longer and go in for the Vestax 4 deck controller - good reviews.

I ended up getting a pioneer ergo as i soon found out that i wasn't ever going to use 4 decks along with samples and fx and it's works fantastic.

Inviato Sat 25 Feb 12 @ 1:08 pm
Have to agree with the comments on the VMS4 - sometimes it feels like you're playing on the edge of a cliff with it - am either gonna go for a MC6000 or the Vestax VCI400 myself in a few days.

Inviato Sun 26 Feb 12 @ 7:08 am
I had the VMS4 for and used it one event. Traded it in for the Denon MC6000. Definitely worth the price. I just picked up the N4 and havent had a chance to put it to work yet, but I liked the timecode pass thru feature.

Inviato Tue 28 Feb 12 @ 12:45 pm
Rnow3PRO InfinityMember since 2011
I've been using the VMS4.1 for about 5-6 months now. The jog wheels are a little small but I can still do scratches using them, I like thats its an all metal controller it feels more professional to me. The only problem I've had is the crossfader started to bleed last week, but I wanted to get an Innofader ($150 from Amazon) anyway so it just gave me a reason to buy one. Now I dont know if crossfader bleeding is a common problem on other VMS4.1s or just mine or if its a problem with all mixers in general either way I would still recommend the VMS4.1, not saying that its better than the N4 or other controllers just that I have one and have no regreats on my purchase. Also I recommend going to Guitar Center, Sam Ash or a Dj Shop and play with the ones they have on display and see what feels better to you.

Inviato Fri 02 Mar 12 @ 2:40 pm
@ Matt. Buy the Numark N4. Its better than the American Audio & The pioneer Ergo. The American audio feels cheap & the pioneer ergo feels like a toy. I already messed around on one. No power plug so the output will be lower than a controller that has a power supply. You also have better output connections on the N4. It has XLR out, Booth out and another master out. Denon has a controller MC6000 and its way over priced for the size 799. it doesnt do anythng more that the N4 can do. For that, i will get the Numark NS6 which is the same price as the Denon and its better. The N4 is a very good deck and the jogs are very responsive, The Size is nice and comfortable to mix on.

Inviato Fri 02 Mar 12 @ 7:28 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Thats a bit subjective if you ask me Caliente123. All these units seem to have one downfall or another and it's up to people to make their decision based on their requirements. Not a single one has nailed it yet IMHO.

Inviato Sat 03 Mar 12 @ 12:06 pm
It all comes down to performance. Try both in your local dj store and you will see the difference. I owned a American Audio Vms4 deck and i used a Mixtrack pro many times.

Inviato Sat 03 Mar 12 @ 12:57 pm
djrxmxPRO InfinityMember since 2010
The N4 at $499 looks like a pretty fair price deal. It seems like even though it is built in a lot of plastic, for lack of better words, the features (e.g., four (4) individual deck volume controls and excellent jog wheels) are lot to offer for even professional deejays. Once again, I like the retail price (Guitar Center advertises for $499) and the overall presentation. Numark also claims through advertising that the inherent interface is very good; this is another characteristic, for me, that's a deal breaker or not. Once you become use to working with high quality sound interfaces, it's hard to go backwards.

Inviato Sat 03 Mar 12 @ 5:33 pm
I am a Pioneer guy and have been very happy using my CDJs with VDJ for three years. I picked up a VMS4.1 a couple of months ago and I have used it at every gig since I got it and love it. It feels solid, the knobs, buttons and faders are all tight and firm and mixing is excellent. I was a bit wary of going with American Audio but after I got it and used it I realized that it was worth every penny. I've been DJing for a long time and have used a lot of equipment and the VMS4.1 has been better than I expected...

DJ RuDe

Keep Spinnin'!!

Inviato Sun 04 Mar 12 @ 5:34 am
Vms4 was trash! Plain and simple and I'm not willing to dump more money for a vms4.1 to find out if it's still a piece of trash or not. I would highly recommend all of numarks new products, mixtrack, mixdeck, ns6, v7.... I have owned them all and they worked out great. I have not owned or used a n4 yet but it looks like it follows the same build quality of mixtrack & mixdeck so it should be another solid product for them.

Inviato Sun 04 Mar 12 @ 6:12 pm
I have the N4 and the Denon MC6000. I would have to disagree that the Denon is overpriced and same as the N4. The N4 has a plastic and fragile feel to it, although I think I like its sound card better than the Denon. The Denon gives you more on board control of VDJ, like switching between mixer, video, and scratch screens, scrolling and switching folders, and a more professional and rugged feel. I also like the mic features on the Denon more than on the N4. The N4 has the larger jog wheels, that I like alot and the time code pass thru that is good if you want to plug in the turntables or CD players. I think the N4 is fairly priced and a good piece but the Denon is a bit better thought out and a more solid controller. Just my humble opinion. I owned the original VMS4 and hated it, never even tried the VMS4.1

Inviato Sat 10 Mar 12 @ 10:10 pm
JD WASPRO InfinityMember since 2011
1DJwillie wrote :
I have the N4 and the Denon MC6000. I would have to disagree that the Denon is overpriced and same as the N4. The N4 has a plastic and fragile feel to it, although I think I like its sound card better than the Denon. The Denon gives you more on board control of VDJ, like switching between mixer, video, and scratch screens, scrolling and switching folders, and a more professional and rugged feel. I also like the mic features on the Denon more than on the N4. The N4 has the larger jog wheels, that I like alot and the time code pass thru that is good if you want to plug in the turntables or CD players. I think the N4 is fairly priced and a good piece but the Denon is a bit better thought out and a more solid controller. Just my humble opinion. I owned the original VMS4 and hated it, never even tried the VMS4.1

Could you give me more details on the n4 soundcard?,and if possible a little info on the pros/cons of the denon vs the n4.
Im looking for a new controler and both of these are on my list.

Inviato Tue 13 Mar 12 @ 7:29 am
After using Numark products for the last 12 years, they lost me as a customer with their horrible customer service. I had an issue with my DDS, and literally received no response to my continued inquiries. I am NOT going to spend another dollar on a product that from a company that offers no support. I bought the VMS 4.1, and it works well out of the box, sounds and looks great...no complaints. And, when I had a question about the unit, customer service is responsive and helpful.

Inviato Wed 18 Apr 12 @ 5:23 am
On the subject to any VMS4.1 owners- I hear the way to assign tracks to decks is with the built in mouse. I heard it isnt very responsive. Anybody have any issues with that?

On another note -Everything points to getting an N4

Inviato Wed 18 Apr 12 @ 4:00 pm
WWDJdkPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I can only say... I love my Allen & Heath 4D !!!

I know they send out DX model. but for me, the only thing better than the 4 D would be a Allen & Heath DB4 with 2 models 1D on each side...

Inviato Wed 18 Apr 12 @ 4:05 pm
my buddy has a vms 4.1 and has had no problems with it (i myself have a vms2 and once again no problems)

Inviato Thu 19 Apr 12 @ 11:05 pm
I AM way to into this. I can't decide.. this is literally a difficult choice for me. How do you make a choice when it has an equal (the same) result?
Both controllers look perfect in their own way.

-I love the simple navigation on the N4 with a knob, and I dislike the loading feature (built in mouse) on the VMS4.1 -

-I love the VMS4.1's metal casing, and I dislike the "plasticky" construction on the N4

Also, I'm use to my Numark V7's records spinning - Is it that much of a different "feel" when the platters aren't moving? Will I still be able to backspin properly?

Inviato Fri 20 Apr 12 @ 3:01 am
i played around with a bunch of different players and i was in the same situation as you (from mixtrack pro to an upgrade) i went with the vms 4.1... no regrets i bought it on ebay from unique square for 350 bucks! open box but whatever.. no regrets here everything is sturdy and it just feels responsive and quality... you got all in-ports and out-ports you could ever need and 2 mic in-ports that actually gives and awesome sound quality what is rare on these kind of mixers.... but the selling point to me was that i could use it as an analog mixer so i can bring and i pod and a cdj as backup in case my laptop crashes for any kind a reason... not likely but what would you do if you are playing in a club and that happens half way thru the night... happen to my buddy and the club has cdj's already so likely he had them plugged in on deck c and d and brought usb sticks so i bet no one even noticed his hd drive crash but him that night

Inviato Fri 21 Sep 12 @ 12:15 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)