Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Crossfader not working/ not using external mixer

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I m using virtual dj pro version 7 with no mixer (only computer) my crossfader is not working, when playing a song on deck 1 and push play on song deck2 , I can hear both songs. Even if I move my crossfader, im not able to cancel or should I say to lower the volume On any deck How can i fix this? 

Inviato Tue 13 Mar 12 @ 12:13 pm
Make sure that you haven't disabled it - You can check this in CONFIG -> Options

Also, if you are using the VIDEO section of the default skin, then you may be operating the video crossfader rather than audio crossfader. Click on the word VIDEO CROSSFADER to change it to AUDIO CROSSFADER and make sure that you have linked the video and audio crossfaders in CONFIG -> Video.

Inviato Tue 13 Mar 12 @ 12:31 pm
I have having the same issue. I do have the crossfaders linked, however they seem to still operate independently.

Inviato Thu 15 Mar 12 @ 8:59 pm
Are you using the crossfader on the skin or via a MIDI controller?

When linking the crossfader, it will link the video to the audio, not vice-versa - I.e: If you move the audio crossfader (On the MIXER section), the video crossfader will also move appropriately. However, if you move the video crossfader (In the VIDEO section or via a MIDI controller mapped to video_crossfader) then the audio crossfader will not move.

To resolve, on the default skin make sure that you have AUDIO CROSSFADER selected in the VIDEO section - If it says VIDEO CROSSFADER above the crossfader, click on the word VIDEO CROSSFADER to change it to an audio crossfader (This may not work on some custom user-made or older skins that don't have this functionality.)

Inviato Fri 16 Mar 12 @ 7:16 am
fade transition for video not working.
audio and video faders linked.
audio crossfades but video suddenly cuts instead of fading.
no slow fade, only cutting.
same with alpha transition, video switches suddenly from deck 1 to deck 2, no steady transition.

I'm using a mac
virtual dj pro 7
2 videos, jpeg codec 100% quality

solutions?
thanks,

t

Inviato Wed 11 Apr 12 @ 6:58 pm
just to follow up, I restarted and the fader worked fine.
If I switch to alpha transition and then back to fade transition, the video fader stops working and can't work again until a full restart.

t

Inviato Wed 11 Apr 12 @ 7:20 pm
trichardson wrote :
I'm using a mac

This is the PC version tech support area...

Inviato Thu 12 Apr 12 @ 11:15 am
Hi, I just got a brand new VMS4 and my crossfader doesnt work at all, doesnt move on virtual DJ, dosent make any deference moving it, can i get some help plz

Inviato Thu 19 Apr 12 @ 12:31 pm
I am using virtual 8 and I can't find the audio crossfade to transition the music from deck 1 to deck 2. All that shows is video crossfade

Inviato Fri 10 Mar 17 @ 7:43 am
hi im using virtual dj 7 with laptop(windows) and idont have any dj contorler
my virtual dj is full and pro and when i use crossfader with alt+space not happen, crossfader dont move and stop
please help me how can i fix this??

Inviato Wed 10 Jan 18 @ 3:17 pm
mohammadsly wrote :
hi im using virtual dj 7 with laptop(windows) and idont have any dj contorler
my virtual dj is full and pro and when i use crossfader with alt+space not happen, crossfader dont move and stop
please help me how can i fix this??

Check your keyboard mapping to see if alt+space is still setup as you expect it

Also if you have a v7 pro license please input it's serialno on your profile, so everyone can see that you are a legit pro user

Inviato Wed 10 Jan 18 @ 3:24 pm
I have a vci300,and when I move my crossfader to the right deck the volume goes down on the left deck some how It's linked together, It's not the program cause it does this with my pc and my Mac, what could be the issue???

Inviato Fri 12 Jan 18 @ 1:43 pm
akathagame wrote :
when I move my crossfader to the right deck the volume goes down on the left deck

It's supposed to. That's how a crossfader works.

Inviato Fri 12 Jan 18 @ 5:28 pm
hello, I am Beau and I use virtual dj 8 with computer and mixer only when I am making music I do not hear deck 2

Inviato Mon 12 Aug 19 @ 9:14 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Hi Beau, this part of the forum is for old versions of vdj, probably better if you make a new topic in the technical part of the forum, please include a screenshot of your audio config and give details of your setup

Mod Topic locked as old

Inviato Mon 12 Aug 19 @ 9:37 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)