Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ Database transfer

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

andyp85Home userMember since 2012
Hello
Is it possible to transfer all Playlists, History, BPM's etc from one pc to another?

Is there a VDJ database somewhere? I have looked in "Program Files" > "Virtual DJ" but cannot see any database where files are written to.

Thanks
AndyP UK

Inviato Thu 31 May 12 @ 9:58 pm
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
have you read the manual?

yes, there is a database. check your my documents/virtual dj folder.

also if you use an external drive it will be in the root folder.

Inviato Thu 31 May 12 @ 11:05 pm
jakovskiPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2006

Inviato Fri 01 Jun 12 @ 1:18 am
andyp85Home userMember since 2012
Great .. thanks!

Inviato Fri 01 Jun 12 @ 10:59 am
where do get a licence to download skins?

Inviato Sat 02 Jun 12 @ 4:58 pm
jakovskiPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2006

Inviato Sun 03 Jun 12 @ 7:25 am
I cannot transfer my database file from a older version on VDJ to VDJ Pro (full)?

Inviato Sat 02 Mar 13 @ 8:58 pm
If you are upgrading from a much older version than v6 then you will need to apply each major version in between for the database to be upgraded, for example, to upgrade from VirtualDJ v3 LE, you would need to install and run v4, v5 and then v7 (v6 & v7 both use the same v6 format database.)

Please contact support for further advice: http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/index.html

Inviato Sun 03 Mar 13 @ 10:47 am
My Database from previous versions of VDJ do not provide me with any info for tracks in VDJ 8. Is there anyway I can convert the database? I have a huge music collection and would literally take months to re-analyze my collection for VDJ 8

Inviato Fri 27 Jun 14 @ 6:53 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
If you have a V6 database, (the type V7 used) just delete the V8 database and V8 will make a 8 database from the V6 version tags will carry over so will cues but you will have to reanalyze your tracks it is unavoidable.
I think months is an exaggeration I managed 120GB, 9000 tracks in about a day.

Inviato Fri 27 Jun 14 @ 8:26 pm
thanks locodog, yes perhaps months is an exxageration. then again I'm working with 700 GB, almost 200,000 tracks

Inviato Sun 06 Jul 14 @ 10:49 pm
Good Day Forum,
Any advice on how to TRANSFER MY CUE POINTS, LOOP AND BPM from 2 different FLASH DRIVES INTO 1 standard one. How best to merge 2 databases. MEANING I have 2 flashdrives (2 Databases) but I want to make it 1 and how to make it work on VDJ8 considering I have VDJ7 before. Please am a Novice in deep computer application....just basic ideal of Mouse pad....Screen...mouse...ON and OFF CPU. Thanks

Inviato Fri 20 Feb 15 @ 7:31 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Easiest way of what I can think of (assumed that V7 has this feature, I'm not sure at the moment) is:
Connect both drives to your PC.
Start V7.
Navigate on the left side of the browser to the drive you wish to copy the files FROM.
Rightclick on the the folder, that holds all your music files. Choose "Copy to".
Copy the files to your other drive.

That way VDJ should copy all the files and the database informations.

Now you have all your files and DB infos in one drive.
If you never started Version 8 before, just install and start V8.
You v7 database will be converted into a V8 database with the name "database.xml".
That file is located on your external drive in the folder "VirtualDJ".

If you already opened V8 some time ago, then go to said VirtulDJ folder on your external drive, and rename the "database.xml" to something else. Now open V8 again. Your V7 will be converted into a new V8 database.

Inviato Fri 20 Feb 15 @ 7:58 am
Hi
I should get you a virtual link 9 !
Thank you

Inviato Sat 13 Feb 16 @ 7:36 pm
Hi
How to transfer database from 8 to 7 anyway

Inviato Thu 21 Jun 18 @ 11:21 pm

Inviato Thu 21 Jun 18 @ 11:27 pm
how to not dig up a 5 year old thread...

Inviato Fri 22 Jun 18 @ 2:23 am
He’ll need a license before he can use that util...

Inviato Fri 22 Jun 18 @ 11:57 am
Annnnnnnnnnnnd, we're closed. Please don't open old threads, start a new one, thank you.

Locked by AMAHM

Inviato Fri 22 Jun 18 @ 6:48 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)