Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Numark N4 recording

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

rpradoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi,

I thought N4 can record 4 (stereo) channels mix via USB into notebook PC.

However, recently I tried to record mix with 2 phono-vinyl and 2 PC-mp3 channels without success, the 2phono-vinyl signals can be heard but cannot be recorded.

In addition, I also tried to record vinyl to mp3 without success, no signal was recorded but sound was heard.

I thought one of N4's advantage is that it can record phono / line in (ex. tape, ipod or ipad line out) sources via USB to notebook computer.

Kindly let me know if I can do that.

Many thanks

Richard Prado (Artimix)

Inviato Mon 01 Oct 12 @ 10:35 am
From the Numark web site:

"N4 enables USB recording of all your analog and digital sources. Whether you’re using four decks or software (sic) or combining software and externals sources from N4’s mixer section, your entire performance can be recorded"

So I agree it should work.

How are you making the recording? What are your settings?

Inviato Mon 01 Oct 12 @ 10:59 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
You need to set a "Looopback" channel from your N4 controller in the Advance sound systen config dialog

Inviato Mon 01 Oct 12 @ 11:55 am
rpradoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Bingo!
Thank you very much for your advice.

The key is loopback in advance input setup as your advise.

The ride was long though, at one point, I can record phono-vinyl but not PC-mp3 and during one point, no sound from the cue-monitor but a little sound leak to master channel..........................................

I add all sound source Deck 1..4 and samplers to ch1-2 and added loopback to Input_ch1-2 .....

Except Headphone should be set to other channels rather than ch1-2, so ch3-4 is a very natural guess but not correct.......
I got it right by setting to ch5-6, don't know why but it works, so I just leave that as it is.

Don't know what ch3-4 and ch7-8 have installed but just leave them for the moment because there may be lots to explore like mic channels etc. and that will take some more time.

Thanks again, I'm very grateful!

Richard Prado (Artimix)

Inviato Wed 03 Oct 12 @ 8:07 pm
Hi,

I have had the same issue as you although looking at your post a couple of years later! I have managed to be able to record vinyl and PCmp3 now with the aid of your post but when I cue a second vinyl record to mix in you can hear me cueing it on the recording (but not through the master). I am obviously doing something wrong in the advanced configure somewhere. Any ideas?

Alternatively if you can detail exactly what your set up looks like in advance configure including loopback then I would be really grateful as I want to be able to record anologue and digital on my N4 as advertised. I have a unmarked n4 and 2 technic 1210s using virtual dj Le. I have tried everything I can think of without success.

Many thanks in advance 😊

Inviato Sat 22 Nov 14 @ 9:27 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)