Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Clearing current song on the deck so that it is once again empty

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

benveePRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hi all,

How do I remove a song from a deck once I place it on the deck if I change my mind. I have tried right clicking on everything in sight but obviously haven't done it correctly. It is a minor issue but I am surprised at what I have gotten used to using another DJ software for several years. I love the feature set of Virtual DJ but struggling a bit with breaking old habits and learning new ways to do similar things. Appreciate the help.

Ben

Inviato Thu 21 Mar 13 @ 11:37 pm
You should map a button on your keyboard or your controller to:
deck 1 unload

The default skins of VirtualDj usually don't have an unload button, but there are several other that does.

PS: For deck 2 the command is
deck 2 unload

Inviato Thu 21 Mar 13 @ 11:44 pm
I use the 4 deck skin. To eject the song... I right click the "PAUSE" button.

Inviato Fri 22 Mar 13 @ 10:17 am
You could also do something really unusual and just load another song!

Inviato Fri 22 Mar 13 @ 10:20 am
groovindj wrote :
You could also do something really unusual and just load another song!

I know I don't have to but I have the habit of ejecting (unloading) the track after every mix. I got this habit from my early mixing days 20 years ago. Some people like to do things a certain way for what ever their reason is.

Inviato Sun 24 Mar 13 @ 10:41 pm
Right click on the pause button for 2 seconds. Whatever is on that deck will disappear.

Inviato Wed 03 Jul 13 @ 3:35 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
I only reasons I can think of to need to unload a track (without just loading another instead) would be:
- Video track that will cause an unwanted image on the external screen when you move the crossfader.
- Don't want somebody seeing the name/artists at the top of your screen.
- Don't want to accidentally play a track and afraid you might forget it's there otherwise.
- OCD.

I'm thinking that the OP may have really meant that he loaded up a track from his playlist and changes his mind, and wants to not just unload the track, but put it back in the playlist without having to browse or search for it again. If this is the case, then you're in luck because when you load a new track without playing the first, then the first will go into the 'sidelist' at the bottom of the browser section. From there, it can be dragged back into the playlist.

I hope that helps,
-Frd

Inviato Wed 03 Jul 13 @ 6:15 am
If you are using a 4 deck skin then you may wish to unload songs on the additional decks when not using them so that they do not clutter the waveform.

Inviato Wed 03 Jul 13 @ 6:24 am
THANK YOU! I have been wondering the same thing for months. The reason why I would rather Eject/remove a track from a deck is because I also use the 4 deck skin. And the way I have my WaveForm set up, the bottom waves overlap the top waves, which i use to play my tracks. I use the bottom decks to play samples and sweepers for my shows. Since I am learning to mix tracks, I need to be able to see the beat markers so I can make them match up correctly. Seems easier for me to do this with the inverted WaveForm. But ty for asking this and ty to those that answered as well! :D

Inviato Tue 17 Jan 17 @ 2:23 am
JimmyL-DJ wrote :
I use the 4 deck skin. To eject the song... I right click the "PAUSE" button.
..actually didn't know that..thanks

Inviato Tue 17 Jan 17 @ 3:10 pm
djcraigPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Me neither kevilev

Inviato Tue 17 Jan 17 @ 5:12 pm
dtdiscoHome userMember since 2017
Thanks everyone struggled with that.

Inviato Sat 10 Feb 18 @ 9:06 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)