Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Numark Mixtrack Pro. bpms refuse to match!

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hey everyone, I am currently using the Numark Mixtrack Pro with Virtual Dj. I fully understand the complete concepts of beatmatching and all, as well as the importance of learning to beat match by ear. I'm just extremely frustrated because the bpm's of the 2 songs I try to mix will never line up no matter what i do!! example: the bpm's will measure something like say 128.06 for the first track and 128.19 for the second track. no matter how much i try to pitch bend or slow down/speed up tempo with the jog wheel, they will only match up for a few seconds than right back out of beat the song goes!! I have literally read every forum and searched all over the web and can't seem to find and info regarding my situation.
ANY TIPS OR FEEDBACK WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Inviato Fri 22 Mar 13 @ 8:04 pm
Hi,

I bought my MTP because the computer wouldn't let me match them exactly.

What you should try is this:

Config, Options, and adjust the pitch range button to something less than what it is.

Technics give you +/- 6 or 8% shift.

This makes them less sensitive, and easier to beatmatch with.

Ta
Mike

Inviato Sat 23 Mar 13 @ 1:03 am
What are the songs?

Despite what DJ software tells you (e.g. 128 bpm) some songs do not have a steady tempo all the way through.

The figure that VDJ gives you is an average, worked out from the tempo across the whole track - so if the tempo varies between 125 and 129, the bpm reading that VDJ displays will be 127.

If you're lucky, songs like that will hold a (fairly) steady tempo for a few bars, so you restrict your mixing window to those bars.

Something you can do with todays kit is to make a short loop (of one or even both tracks) and do you mix using that

Inviato Sat 23 Mar 13 @ 7:58 am
Or get them close enough by ear, and if it starts to drift, press the dreaded SYNC button. (Don't worry, no-one will ever know!)

I play a load of Hard House and Hard Trance, and manually keeping the beats together is surely half the fun! Even if you had, say, Technics turntables, you'd struggle to get records playing at EXACTLY the same speed for the duration of the mix. Very, VERY close mind, but never exactly...

The only time I use SYNC these days (since getting my MTP) is when I'm fiddling with loops. I take a single kick drum, and keep halving it to increase the speed of the kick to keep the energy up.

Beyond that, I'm all about manually maintaining the mix. Isn't that what DJing is all about..?

Ta
Mike.

Inviato Fri 29 Mar 13 @ 1:06 am
I know your frustration, when I run into two songs that don't match, I get them as close as I can and use the pitch control, when I first got the MTP, I relied too much on the sync button, found out that it isn't really exact anyway. So I went back to what I knew which was manual beatmatch, and pitch control . I mix usually R&B, Hip Hop, Baltimore House, but I play around with Techno and other genres as well. One thing that I found will help in some situations is setting a loop sometimes just 4 beats when a longer loop doesn't get it done. and I'll mix into the loop, i also will play with the bass too taking it out of the song playing as I bring in the next one. It may be basic as far as technic, but it works sometimes. I've also learned too, that some songs just aren't good mixes no matter what you do. IMHO

Keep at it tho, let us know how you make out with that.

Rob

Inviato Sun 31 Mar 13 @ 7:39 pm
Further to all of the above, in my experience with the MTP, say the current track is trance, playing at 139.87, the other track can be anything up to about .25 different either way, and need very little nudging to maintain the smooth mix. Or even .25 out the entire time, with no need to look after it at all!

While the bpm counter is very useful, I've found my ear to become more reliable...

Ta
Mike

Inviato Tue 02 Apr 13 @ 12:28 pm
Hi Grant,

I fully understand your dilemma. My history was that I was a vinyl DJ 20 years ago and have decided to start mixing again but this time with a MTP, which i am also trying to adjust to!

I would firstly agree with Mikey by reducing the pitch range to the lowest range so you will get the most accurate increments when changing the tempo. However you sacrifice overall range in tempo so you need to be mixing tracks that are all similar in BPM!

As to the answers about chnages of BPM within a track, I'm sure that if you know your own music, you can tell by ear and experience if the BPM is constant or not.

My answer is somewhat labourious because I don't fully trust the BPM analysiis that Virtual DJ shows, I will load each track in my collection, one by one and keep at the standard tempo, I will find the first downbeat of the track and set set a cue marker here. Then go back to the browser, right click on the tune and select BPM and manual edit. On Edit BPM I will sadjust the phase slider so that the 1st beatgrid marker aligns directly below the cue point and then play the track for a while and check to see if the beatgrid markers remain constantly under the actual beats of the tune. If not the BPM calculation is incorrect. You can then use the Virtual DJ BPM manual edit tool to tap beat manually, or if you dont like this tool, there are many other free BPM counters available that you can use outside VDJ to manual tap the tempo until you are confident that you know the BPM values are correct. I use a program called "Fine Metronome v3.5" where you play the tune and tap the tempo and then you can check your results afterwards.

Hope this helps you somewhat

Ben

Inviato Thu 04 Apr 13 @ 3:46 am
My songs automatically speed up when i upload them the virtual Dj.....anyone know how to fix that

Inviato Fri 26 Sep 14 @ 12:16 pm
maybe go into options turn off auto pitch range

Inviato Wed 15 Oct 14 @ 2:24 am
how can i beat match using virtual DJ on nurmarck pro 3

Inviato Tue 29 Nov 16 @ 8:55 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)