Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Looking for a Video Scroll Text effect - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

I tried SBDJ Scroll Text 1 &2, tried essential etc..., tried Text2d basically tried all I can see in the download but maybe I have miss it.

I am going to be DJing for a School for an event for the American Caner Society (Relay for Life). I am looking for something like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgkPoECG170

to scroll that given names. I want to put a clipbank on the left bottom screen a CANDLE so I need the TEXT to be move anyplace on the screen, in my case it would be on far right scrolling from DOWN going UPWARDS.

I can accomplish this if I have the Names by making a CLIP ahead of time but that would be time consuming and what if someone had just given me more names on the night of the Event.

Hope you can picture what I'm trying to accomplish.

Hope someone can make a quick plugin or maybe modify the SBDJ v2.0 plugin.

TIA.

Inviato Sat 11 May 13 @ 12:07 pm

Inviato Wed 15 May 13 @ 4:03 pm
ZamoodaPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Was gonna suggest the same thing ^^

Inviato Wed 15 May 13 @ 7:29 pm
Tried that too (Firetext).... no good. Try it yourself. No place for TEXT. It's all in one LINE.

Inviato Wed 15 May 13 @ 8:20 pm
Tried it again and now I remember the problem.

This is the problem Once you add another name to it (while active) it messes up.

Take a look the last one (Sample Seven)

Inviato Wed 15 May 13 @ 8:34 pm
even if you CLEAR then SEND, it messes up the last one.

I gonna play with more, but I guess If I have all the names and no more adding when Activated, it will be fine.

Inviato Wed 15 May 13 @ 8:36 pm
Tried it again this Longer with names, and this is what happened (type all the names before activating)

You should try it so you know.

Inviato Wed 15 May 13 @ 8:40 pm
It should scroll like

Test One
Test Two
Test Three
Test Four

and so on.... But as you can see, its no good.

Inviato Wed 15 May 13 @ 8:41 pm
Speedy53PRO InfinityStaffMember since 2008
Nevermind... wrote one thing but it really wont help you...

Inviato Wed 15 May 13 @ 10:32 pm
Essential Visuals can just about do this.

You would have to use a chat panel and use the chat demo content. Currently the chat demo content is limited to 15 items but if you don't find something else I will give you a special version that increases that limit.

EV 2.5 can also use the VDJ background for any panel. So chat panel can have a video and the text will overlay it. You can dim the video in EV if needed. You can move the chat panel or any panel around with mouse move.

One of these days I will get the marquee panel to do vertical scrolling. I think that would be ideal.

Inviato Thu 16 May 13 @ 1:45 am
Thanks Don,

I just tried EV again and I might be missing something.

I tried what you said, but looks like I have to type each name one by one and then it goes to the display, then I have to click to open the windows to type again etc....

What I was after is:

A Text box where you can type any TEXT (maybe even save it) and can always add to it. Then when you activate the plugin, it will scroll those typed text from the text box.

Just picture this, it will a lot of CANCER NAMES (those who lost the battle, this will displayed during the Luminaries Ceremony) will be posted on the screen.

I will DJ this event (For FREE, it's for a good cause afterall). It will be a 12 hour event (7pm-7am).

I was just looking to make this easier on me, instead of making a Montage Slide Show (Using ProShow Producer).

To a non programmers point of view, making the plugin seems like an easy task, but what do I know :)

Inviato Thu 16 May 13 @ 8:02 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Magic dj, if you type in all the names and then "enter" in any software it will all go to the screen as one block of text, try it in any programme to me that is obvious, use the free 100sms plugin, This will also allow you to let the audience send texts to screen.

Text are sent when you hit send so that is when it will probably turn up on the output screen.

But the candle/image you want anywhere and any size on screen.

You won't be able to save the names though (operator messages are not savable). But as it's a twelve hour event you'll have enough time throughout the proceedings.

Works with no problems.

If you need any help let me know.

Inviato Thu 16 May 13 @ 10:56 am
Magic, sounds like you were sending text via the DJ Text option. That is for quick response from DJ.

Goto Options tab in EV and click Edit Chat Demo Content. There will be 20 items that you can change to whatever you want and these will be saved.

You can edit or add anytime up to 20 but I can increase that for you. Also check the show demo content checkbox still in options tab.

You can then use the chat panel options to change things around.

For the chat panel background image you can select vdj video if you want. Maybe you don't have EV 2.5 though and I will send it to you. That way you can move the flames around with the text all intact. For the frames video have the upper portion black.

You could also send images to it via the DJ Image option that will scroll with the text if you want.

Don

Inviato Thu 16 May 13 @ 12:25 pm
Standing by if you need this.

Made some adjustments to EV for you.

email me at: donmoir@comcast.net if you want it.

Inviato Fri 17 May 13 @ 6:16 pm
Don, Is Essential Video 2.5 ready yet. I can't tell from Pangolin's webpage what the current version is. I downloaded from EV page and seem to get 2.08 again. The install doesn't mention a version either.

I'm very ready for the new one. Is it ready yet?

Jim

Inviato Fri 17 May 13 @ 7:23 pm
Essential Media 2.5 (not Essential Video) is not up yet. It will be any day now.

Inviato Fri 17 May 13 @ 7:44 pm
Thanks guys for all the help and offers.

Don, I'll e-mail you.

I have no success on either Firetext, or EV. I really must be missing something. I can't get it to do what what it suppose to do :(

I'll see what you have Don.

Thanks

Inviato Fri 17 May 13 @ 9:09 pm
You need to take these steps:

1) In layout tab of EV create a chat panel. - layout - panel - create new panel

2) In options tab: Make sure 'Show Demo Content for Chat and Voting Panels' is checked.

That should be all you have to do to see a test case. You can use various options to change look and appearance.

The version I will send you does things better in accordance to what you need. At least my perception of that.

How many possible names to you thing you will need ?

Since this is kind of a hack, I need to know that. In future I will make it official for any amount of content.

Inviato Fri 17 May 13 @ 9:36 pm
Hi Don, Thanks for helping me out.

I have sent you some -emails.

Just an update about this INFO on the song playing being displayed also.

Here is a screen shot.

The scrolling of NAME and the Candles background works perfectly.

I was playing with MARQUEE Panel and this one does not display the info but no option to scroll UP.

Thanks.

Inviato Mon 20 May 13 @ 7:51 am
Yeah marquee panel would be best for what you want and just have to get around to adding vertical scroll to it and don't know when that will be.

In the meantime I hacked the demo content to make it work for you.

Got your emails and can hack it some more. Just busy right now. Wasn't sure if you wanted continuous smooth scroll, looping, etc.

Inviato Mon 20 May 13 @ 11:33 am
67%