Forum: VirtualDJ Skins
!!! NOTE !!! to...
Topic: !!! NOTE !!! to skiners
- Provide a proper description in English and describe the functionality of the skin. (E.g. 2 or 4 decks, video or audio, other features that make the skin unique etc). Comments like ..its great, try it.. its unique etc are not considered a description.
- Provide in the description, the resolutions that the skin offers
- Provide a proper screenshot of the skin (200x150), in which the whole skin is visible and not just a part of it
- Select from the Variation field, the skin from which your have used the most graphics to create your own, or choose Original if its a unique creation.
When you update a skin...
We are usually not reviewing the updates of the submitted skins. We only do that when the skins are submitted.
For those who choose to update their skins, please leave some notes in the description about what the update is offering (new features, bug fixes etc)
Add the date of the update too.
Version 1.2 10-08-2013
- Added this
- fixed that
From now on, if a skin gets updated, and has not the above information in the description, it will be blocked (not available) till further evaluation.
It is strongly suggested to create a thread in the Skins Forum with the Skin name as title , presenting screenshots and other details, and make it easier for us to notify you when something needs to be edited or changed, prior approving the skin.
Add the link of the thread to the description and help users to find useful information about how the skin works and what offers, prior downloading and searching.
The more information you provide to users, the more helpful it will be for them to find what they need. Unfortunately our website doesnt offer at the moment the ability to show high resolution screenshots in the Plugin Download Pages (most likely, will be added soon), so creating a thread is the only solution for now.
Think as a user who searches the Skin Download Pages in order to find the skin he needs. Dont force him to download something that he doesnt need.
Inviato Thu 30 May 13 @ 3:05 pm
I changed the skin data to English language as I asked. ;) :)
Inviato Tue 06 Aug 13 @ 9:39 pm
Inviato Tue 06 Aug 13 @ 10:12 pm
Please read the first post again.
Inviato Wed 07 Aug 13 @ 1:12 am
Virtualdj Kontrol S2
Inviato Wed 07 Aug 13 @ 8:46 pm
I have many projects to virtualdj and not be a "no licencer" consider me illiterate because I have not shown up to where I can be my imagination and create unique things sometime. and great, greetings.
Inviato Thu 15 Aug 13 @ 9:05 pm
Image added some specifications.
Inviato Mon 11 Nov 13 @ 9:13 am
today can see the old versione (2006 ?)
Inviato Mon 26 May 14 @ 10:30 am
Inviato Sun 28 Dec 14 @ 3:13 am
I didn't find search results for what I'm after, can VDJ8 skins be made for multiple monitor use?
I like the look of skins to match my hardware, I have made skins in the past but found scaling was an issue when trying for fit a decent functional sized browser, I finaly rebuilt and upgraded my studio and dj gear now with multiple monitors.
Can I make a skin that has the browser on a 2nd screen so I can go full screen with just the decks and mixer on the main screen, is there a way to make the browser section removable and Draggable or will it expand to the width of 2 screen resolution properly?
Sorry if this has been asked before and I missed it
Inviato Wed 18 Mar 15 @ 10:27 pm
1) Place the browser inside a <window> element so that you can move around and drag, or
2) Create a skin with the dimensions of your full desktop. For instance if you use 2 monitors with 1920x1080 res, create a skin with 3840x1080 resolution. Then on the first 1920 pixels you can draw your controls/decks/mixer and on the rest 1920 your browser... (or vise versa)
PS: The second way was always possible. The first way is a possibility only for VirtualDj 8.
Inviato Thu 19 Mar 15 @ 6:49 am
Inviato Mon 11 Sep 17 @ 9:52 am