Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Searching My database problem!!! - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

GetisLE userMember since 2013
hello every1, i've been using VDJ for a while now.

today i found a problem with searching. when i search for a song name, although i got it in my database when i try to load it it does load but graphic bar doesnt move at all. or when i use file info it says it doesnt exist.

that happens for mostly newly entrys in my library.

also if i delete a song from my local disk, it is still being showed on my search database. i use the remove from search db option but still nothing...

any solution?

i found a problem in windows searching (windows 7) a while ago. but after some time it was ok again. i though it needed to read all the files first. (i had renamed a music folder with many many many songs and when i was trying to search nothing was happening, like no songs was there.)

Inviato Wed 03 Jul 13 @ 8:58 am
fix your database.

config - browser

select the drive and FIX, CHECk, CLEAN (that's what I do in order)

Many times, we forget that songs are moved, deleted etc... (outside of VDJ).
Of course the info is still intact in VDJ database and it will show during search, but then of course when loaded, it errors out cause IT DOES NOT EXIST anymore form the original location.

hope that helps.

When adding new stuff, always ADD to DATABASE first.

Inviato Wed 03 Jul 13 @ 9:28 am
your info was so usefull, thank you!

How to add to database a new song? i am confused?

PS: i found that too. thank you.

Inviato Wed 03 Jul 13 @ 9:48 am
i have another problem. tonight i checked and saw that bpm was mising from some of my songs, although i had made a full bmp scan b4 some months. and i always perform on new songs.

if i clear my search db bmp scan remove also? whats wrong?

it took me 12 yours to scan them all from the begin.

Inviato Thu 04 Jul 13 @ 6:59 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Your second issue is related to the first one. Apparently the songs that could not load have been removed to a different folder (different path) or have been renamed without using the File Operations of VirtualDJ (Rightclick Options).
Performing CLEAN to the Database, erases the entries of the songs with dead links. Unless you kept a backup of your database prior performing CLEAN, there is nothing you can do to get back the infos of those songs.

Inviato Thu 04 Jul 13 @ 8:18 am
so when i perfom clean on my db, it erases all songs bpm status even if those still exist in db and need a new bpm scan from 0?
i always backup my virtual db. but if i put the backup would it have the old songs also?

Inviato Thu 04 Jul 13 @ 9:41 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Is your problem songs located in an external drive or internal?

Inviato Thu 04 Jul 13 @ 12:31 pm
internal drive, but now i solved the problem with searching. but last night while on stage i found that some bpms were missing from songs, and some from whole folders.

when i "check" "clean" "fix" from config->browser tab it does delete my WHOLE database bmps? or it does not at all and simply affects only searching?

today i rescaned my whole collection and took about 12 hours...

Inviato Thu 04 Jul 13 @ 12:41 pm
thank you very much! i hope this was the solution for my past problem!

have a nice day!

Inviato Thu 04 Jul 13 @ 2:33 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
When you do CHECK, it checks every single entry in your Search Database and tried to see if the songs are still there. Then it reports how many of them are Audio/Video/Karaoke (present) and how many links (files) could not find in the stored path and reports them as old entries.
At that point, you will need to decide if you need to perform a CLEAN or try to see why those old entries are not properly found.
If you do CLEAN at that point, it will erase from the Database those dead/old entries

so the big questions is how many files did actually CHECK found ? If it was just a few, then its ok, but if it was a large number, then you need to load your backup database and see whats wrong
Old Entries (dead links) for the CHECK means that something is changed in the path of the song. Different folder structure, different username (depending on changes in the Operating System, different filename. Apparently something was changed to the above, and the database of VirtualDJ was not updated and could not find the links.

Load the old database (backup). Do a CHECK and see how many files it reports as old entries. See if the number is way too large, and try to remember if anything major in your folder structure has changed. For example, if you have moved a large number of files to a different folder, then you need to apply this change by opening the database and editing that with Notepad.

We could assist you further with details, but we need to have more infos, especially the reason why those files are not detected. Pick up a song, see how it is added to the database (open the xml and see the song path), and then check the actual position in the Hard Drive to see what happened.

Inviato Thu 04 Jul 13 @ 4:22 pm
DJRobyPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have a similar problem, when I do a general search without going to the folder of the song that I downloaded a couple of entries come up and what I don't like is that sample songs that last only about 10 seconds come up and I dont know which are sample songs and which is the whole song? I remember that on a previous versions of VDJ didn't have that problem now I do. Is there a way to differentiate which songs are the whole version and which ones are samples? i do not subscribe for unlimited songs so sometimes demo songs come up. any suggestons? Is there like a color code to differentiate them from eachother? I will try to do a clean and backup as previously suggested. I gotta say though being a subscriber is so convenient you have access to unlimited songs at your fingertips without going through the hastle of downloading them and it's the DJ pool of the decade especially to those who do professional gigs.

Inviato Fri 05 Jul 13 @ 8:22 am
Songs found on ContentUnlimited/NetSearch should have a globe icon to distinguish them from songs in your music collection on your hard drive(s).

You can also turn off searching ContentUnlimited/NetSearch if you don't use it - See page 14 onwards of the user manual: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/PDFManuals.html

Inviato Fri 05 Jul 13 @ 10:25 am
jlsr22Home userMember since 2009
My data base is set up as the main file reads dads jams the there are many folders under that. i.e old school rap, disco, r&b......
If I click on Dads jams in the database no songs are listed. But they show for the indiv. ones, again i.e old school rap disco.....
Any ideas why?

Inviato Sat 13 Jul 13 @ 3:05 pm
Please read your post again, and see if you understand it, because I can't.

Inviato Sun 14 Jul 13 @ 2:19 am
Ok let me try again.

C:\Users\DJ Jazzy Lu\Music\Dads Jams
Above is my file path If I click on Dads Jams in the File System / Folder Structure no songs show in File / Search Results.
If I click on the Average White Band folder or any other, then songs show in the results.
C:\Users\DJ Jazzy Lu\Music\Dads Jams\Average White Band.

Should this be the case? What if the DJ wants to see all songs and say sort them all by BPM

Inviato Sun 14 Jul 13 @ 9:44 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
This sounds like you haven't added that folder or need to re-add your music folders back into VDJ by right clicking those folders that don't show and choose "Add to db" option on all your music folders just to make sure all new media is added into VDJ database..

This should resolve your issue...

Good Luck...

Inviato Sun 14 Jul 13 @ 2:03 pm
This was the only way it would show.

This will not work!
VDJ shows by default only the one from inside the subfolders.

Just insert at VDJ serachbar * and you will see all tracks at once or try to use the Filter Folders!

Kind regards

VirtualDJ Support Team
ATOMIX PRODUCTIONS

Inviato Sun 14 Jul 13 @ 3:18 pm
When you click on a folder, it will display the contents of that folder only. This is normal behaviour of the software, the same as Windows Explorer (Or Finder on Mac) will only display the contents of the current folder. Contents of sub-folders is not displayed unless you browse into them or perform a search (E.g: Type abba in the search box to find all songs by ABBA.)

In the PC version only, you can right-click and choose 'Recurse' to show the contents of sub-folders as well (This is not currently supported in the Mac version.) Or you can create filter folders to display music that matches given criteri/a.

In the latest version of VirtualDJ, it will search all files in your database regardless of which folder you have selected. It will display results from the selected folder and its sub-folder(s) first, followed by results from the rest of your database. So you can search for a song by name, artist, etc. regardless of which folder you currently have selected.

NOTE: If it's not doing this when searching, then either you have not added all your music to your VirtualDJ database, you have disabled this default search option, or you are using an old and out-of-date version of the software that does not support this. Much older versions of the software would only search in the folder that you have selected and its sub-folders. If this is the case, please upgrade to the latest version which also supports keyword searching in any order.

Inviato Mon 15 Jul 13 @ 6:09 am
My vdj (v5.2) does not show any search result when I search for songs. It as if the song has not been added but it has been added too. I have already tried the fix, check and clean thing and it still not working. What do I do? It really freaking me out.

Inviato Sun 05 Jan 14 @ 4:51 am
Why are you using such an old outdated version? Please register the serial number to your account and download the latest version.

There have been many improvements to VDJ since v5.2 including improvements to the database and how searching works.

Inviato Sun 05 Jan 14 @ 7:33 am
87%