Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Edison Professinal Controllers - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Virtual DJ Family,

need some help on finding a matching virtual DJ controller for my new system. It's call Edison Proffesional "Scratch 2500".

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

the New Guy,

Inviato Mon 09 Sep 13 @ 12:31 am
 Best Answer As already advised to the original posters in this thread, this device is not a MIDI controller and is also unsuitable for timecode CD use. It cannot control VirtualDJ in any way. It's designed and intended for stand-alone use only without a computer for playing audio CD's and/or USB media.

It could be used as an analogue mixer for VirtualDJ's master output (E.g: Using your mouse/keyboard or another MIDI controller to control VirtualDJ.)

However, replacing it with a controller with full MIDI capabilities would be strongly recommended (Preferably one that includes VirtualDJ LE, so you can upgrade to the full VirtualDJ Pro at a discount.) Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/products/hardware.html

Inviato Mon 28 Oct 13 @ 6:22 am[ selected best answer by acw_dj on Thu 02 Feb 17 @ 5:03 pm ]
Please reread your post, and see if it makes sense to you. It does not make sense to me.

Inviato Mon 09 Sep 13 @ 2:27 am
I think he's saying that he already has the Edison system and is after a USB controller for VDJ that has a similar look/style.

From what I can see online, the Edison thing has no USB connection so isn't a MIDI controller.

Inviato Mon 09 Sep 13 @ 5:22 am
whats your price range?

Inviato Mon 09 Sep 13 @ 6:00 am
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
whats your price range?

and are you still wanting the cd functions?

Inviato Mon 09 Sep 13 @ 6:05 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
What is the point of quoting yourself five minutes after posting in a thread when your original post is still editable...

Use the green edit button to the right of your posts people, thats why it is there.

Inviato Mon 09 Sep 13 @ 6:09 am
i click the wrong icon, but didnt feel like going back. now do you have an answer to the mans question?

Inviato Mon 09 Sep 13 @ 6:14 am
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
are you still wanting the cd functions?

I don't think he wants to get rid of the Edison system, just add a controller.

Inviato Mon 09 Sep 13 @ 6:53 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
@ djrated, if I had, don't you think I would have offered one. wasn't a case of didn't feel like posting one.

Inviato Mon 09 Sep 13 @ 7:47 am
groovindj wrote :
I think he's saying that he already has the Edison system and is after a USB controller for VDJ that has a similar look/style.

From what I can see online, the Edison thing has no USB connection so isn't a MIDI controller.

- sorry if it was not too clear. But what am looking for is the to match the controllers to the virtual dj screen/software. which is what you mention on your post. the unit does have USB and it is MIDI controller.

Inviato Mon 09 Sep 13 @ 11:20 am
So you want an Edison skin?

As for mapping (so you can use it to control VDJ) you'll have to do that yourself. VDJ has native mapping for hundreds of popular controllers.....but the Edison unit is not one of 'em!

Inviato Mon 09 Sep 13 @ 11:37 am
groovindj wrote :
So you want an Edison skin?

As for mapping (so you can use it to control VDJ) you'll have to do that yourself. VDJ has native mapping for hundreds of popular controllers.....but the Edison unit is not one of 'em!

- thanks groovinddj - time to play with the mapping.

Inviato Mon 09 Sep 13 @ 1:11 pm
escuse me but im just not seeing where the edison is midi at all...the usb is for usb drives right if im wrong let me know.

Inviato Tue 10 Sep 13 @ 11:07 am
I missed it the first time too, looking at pics of the back.

There are two USB A sockets on the top panel for plugging in flash drives etc.

There's also a USB B socket on the rear - but on some pics there isn't!

There must have been a revision at some point that added USB.

Inviato Tue 10 Sep 13 @ 11:31 am
The unit I have, has the two USB on top for Side A and B and the USB in the back to connect to the computer/laptop.

on the top units am able to connect either a flash drive on MP3 player an it will read the music the same say as if am putting in a CD.

Inviato Tue 10 Sep 13 @ 12:04 pm
forgot to mention that it comes with BT option.

found these images to share.

Inviato Tue 10 Sep 13 @ 12:35 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The unit IS NOT a Midi device. So the only way to use that with VirtualDJ is as an analogue mixer, and the decks with timecode CDs.

Inviato Tue 10 Sep 13 @ 1:20 pm
Unfortunately it can't be used with timecode CD either because it lacks separate deck outputs for each deck (To connect to your timecode sound card.)

It has line inputs though, so as above it could be used as analogue mixer, e.g: Using VirtualDJ with a suitable sound card (E.g: Numark DJIO) and/or with a separate MIDI controller (E.g: Hercules DJ Console.)

Inviato Tue 10 Sep 13 @ 1:31 pm
Sell it and grab a Mixdeck Quad........

Inviato Tue 10 Sep 13 @ 1:51 pm
grs925Home userMember since 2013
I have a Edison 2500 can anybody tell me if I can sync with dj pro 7
thanks

Inviato Sun 27 Oct 13 @ 9:28 pm
51%