Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: mpm-measures/bars per minute for Danceschools/ballroom as wish / new feature for VDJ

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hello!
Can the Programmer make it that VDJ Screen and calculate in the Browser the mpm (Measure pro Minute /Bars per Minute)
we screens the B.P.M.(Beats pro Minute)

Think this was a very nice feature,For Danceschools and Ballroomdance and think VDJ comes in this Schools Areas too.

Music in 4/4 and 120 BPM that where 30 MPM
Music in 3/4 and 120 BPM that where 40 MPM

greetings,Dirk alias vlnjacki

I mean this we here on the pictures:

Inviato Sat 05 Oct 13 @ 6:32 am
unfortunately there is not really any decent math functions in VDJ to be able to do it natively with script, but you could probably write a C++ plugin and work around it. But +1 for having the ability to separate measures/beats/bars. In my skin I display the time to the next cue point, it is hard to decipher when it says 220 beats to the next cue.

Although if you don't care about the bpm in your browser you could always divide your bpm.

4/4 timing 'set_bpm 25% & set_bpm 25%'

VDJ doesn't do 3/4 timing as far as I am aware, you could probably get the result by using 33.33% instead of 25% though.

If you want a quick snapshot while the track is playing you could map this to a key. It will change the bpm while you have the key depressed and return to normal once you release.

down ? set_bpm 25% & set_bpm 25% : set_bpm 400% & set_bpm 400%

Inviato Sat 05 Oct 13 @ 6:48 am
Thanks for Answer and good Hints,will look at this,but cant not mapping a Key,have not the VDJ Pro Full Version.

greatings,Dirk alias vlnjacki

Inviato Fri 11 Oct 13 @ 4:12 pm
Does there give for the VDJ 8 Pro Infinity a New Option for this,i wish i have this in this Great Software.
A Filter oder a Custom Button Action were very nice too.
Or a Tool or Plugin that can this.

greetings,Dirk

Inviato Sun 24 May 15 @ 7:25 am
Any News about this or a finetuning for Mapping a Custombutton.

Greatings and thanks ,Dirk alias vlnjacki

Inviato Sat 13 May 17 @ 6:00 am
The problem here is not the maths involved, but determining / knowing the music signature.
I don't know any software that can determine the music signature automatically. Even music production software titles depend on the user to provide the correct music signature for their track.
Therefore such a function does not seem possible right now.

PS:
I can give you scripts that do the maths and display the result, but you would still need to "tell" the scrips what music signature your track has somehow...

Inviato Tue 16 May 17 @ 9:22 pm
@ Phantom
I don't want to hijack the post ... but ... would it be possible for us to somehow mark a title/track as 3/4 tackt, or by jive 6/8 tackt, by salsa its very difficult because it's a syncopated ryhthm with only 5 beats over 2 bars ;-)
but if you could give us the maths or explain this a little further I'm sure that we could figure the rest out ourselves, I would not have a problem to mark all of my dance tracks individually

best regards
ray

Inviato Tue 16 May 17 @ 10:26 pm
@PhantomDeejay:
That was very nice from you,when you can gives us the mathematic scripts for this.

Greatings and thanks forward
Dirk aka vlnjacki

Inviato Mon 22 May 17 @ 4:39 am
The maths are very simple.
Basically you need to divide the number of Beats Per Minute with the number of Beats Per Measure in order to get Measures Per Minute.

128 BPM with 4/4 time signature is 128/4 = 32 MPM
128 BPM with 3/4 time signature is 128/3 = 42.66 MPM
Attention: 128 BPM with 2/2 time signature is 128/2 = 64 MPM

Now, how can you use this on a script ?

Edit a custom button on your skin and name it 'query' (without the quotes).
This is critical! If you don't name the button 'query' the action won't give you proper results.
Now for it's action, type this:

param_equal '`get_browsed_song grouping`' 'ChaCha' ? get_browsed_bpm & param_multiply 0.25 : param_equal '`get_browsed_song grouping`' 'Waltz' ? get_browsed_bpm & param_multiply 0.33

Close button editor.

Select a track and open Tag Editor
Type "ChaCha' or 'Waltz' on the grouping field
Close Tag Editor.
Now, when you scroll your tracks the custom button should show MPM for files marked as 'ChaCha' or 'Waltz'

You can expand the script to include more "custom" genres:

param_equal '`get_browsed_song grouping`' 'ChaCha' ? get_browsed_bpm & param_multiply 0.25 : param_equal '`get_browsed_song grouping`' 'Waltz' ? get_browsed_bpm & param_multiply 0.33 : param_equal '`get_browsed_song grouping`' 'Salsa' ? get_browsed_bpm & param_multiply 0.25

PS:
As I said in order to get MPM you need to divide BPM with the upper value of time signature.
Since VirtualDj can't divide directly, you need to multiply BPM with the result of 1/X, where X stands for the upper time signature value

Quick Chart:
4/4: param_multiply 0.25
3/4: param_multiply 0.33
2/4: param_multiply 0.5
2/2: param_multiply 0.5
6/8: param_multiply 0.16

PS2: The query code for the button is just an example. You should combine the correct time signature for the correct name of dance on your grouping field

PS3: You can also query the Genre field of the tag Editor, but since Genre is more generic (and often filled with wrong information) I believe it's better to use your own "custom" tag field to store the time sig data

Inviato Mon 22 May 17 @ 8:18 pm
Very great thanks on you will test this next day when i have time.

thanks and greatings,dirk

Inviato Tue 23 May 17 @ 10:39 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)