Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Extracting vocals from a song - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Hello guys,

is there a way to extract vocals from a song? i dont want the background music i just want the vocals so i can mix it with another song..

thank you

Inviato Sun 06 Apr 14 @ 9:39 pm
thank you

would that remove the background music? as i need the vocals and not the background music.. because i need to mix the vocals with another background music.. and how can i do it using a mac and not pc

thank you so much

Inviato Mon 07 Apr 14 @ 11:14 pm
The vocals plugin has options to attempt to either remove the vocals or the music. However, unfortunately it's PC only and not available for Mac.

As advised on the linked page above, your best option is to obtain the proper acapella (Vocals only) version of the song. It's unlikely that any tool will be able to do a good job of extracting the vocals only (Or vice-versa) - this is a *very* difficult task for a computer to do.

Inviato Tue 08 Apr 14 @ 12:53 pm
I seee now

Inviato Thu 08 May 14 @ 6:17 am
Can you please tell me when will it be available to remove vocals/instrument of the song in mac version?

Inviato Wed 21 May 14 @ 3:04 am
Support staff wrote :

As advised on the linked page above, your best option is to obtain the proper acapella (Vocals only) version of the song. It's unlikely that any tool will be able to do a good job of extracting the vocals only (Or vice-versa) - this is a *very* difficult task for a computer to do.

Inviato Wed 21 May 14 @ 6:54 am
aajlivePRO InfinityMember since 2014
The bets way that I have found to remove vocals is to use the vocals effect and also remove some of the bass from the song to give it a more vocal feel.
I found it easier to mix in another song and make a remix easier. Hope this helps

Inviato Mon 26 May 14 @ 1:03 am
Is there a way to do this in VirtualDj 8? I've been looking for the past 20 mins, and couldn't find anything.

Inviato Tue 27 Jan 15 @ 8:41 pm
Please read the information provided in the thread messages above your question.

Inviato Wed 28 Jan 15 @ 5:10 am
ElecroHome userMember since 2015
I want to remove the lyrics ad just what to have the background sound but I have the virtual dj 8

Inviato Sat 02 May 15 @ 4:45 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
Free Plugins for VirtualDJ unfortunatley are only avaliable for registered Pro Users

Inviato Sat 02 May 15 @ 5:04 pm
Teamer DJ when the question said ".....how to extracting the voices in "VirtualDJ 8" it means exactly that...in VirtualDJ 8.
Your answer is about VirtualDJ 7...that is diferent.....
See that ?
Have you an answer for this version ?
Thanks so much.

Inviato Tue 19 May 15 @ 4:32 pm
marcelodariob wrote :

Yes, in the second part of the post. "your best option is to obtain the proper acapella (Vocals only) version of the song. It's unlikely that any tool will be able to do a good job of extracting the vocals only (Or vice-versa) - this is a *very* difficult task for a computer to do."

Inviato Thu 21 May 15 @ 1:46 pm
lyonsbtPRO InfinityMember since 2014
groovindj wrote :
marcelodariob wrote :

Yes, in the second part of the post. "your best option is to obtain the proper acapella (Vocals only) version of the song. It's unlikely that any tool will be able to do a good job of extracting the vocals only (Or vice-versa) - this is a *very* difficult task for a computer to do."

With respect, you're still not answering the question. Vocal+ was available in VDJ 7 but doesn't appear to be in VDJ 8--that appears to be the issue and the thread / FAQ you linked to does nothing to address that.

Inviato Thu 10 Sep 15 @ 6:20 pm
OK, if you insist on trying to remove or extract vocals from a full track (and think you will get good results) then try using a VST plugin.

VDJ can use VSTs and there are a huge number available - both free and to purchase.

Inviato Thu 10 Sep 15 @ 6:32 pm
Total crap software

Inviato Wed 27 Jul 16 @ 1:49 pm
It's DJ software, not music production software.

Inviato Wed 27 Jul 16 @ 10:08 pm
espepePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Lokilasher wrote :
Total crap software

Why you sad that,explain dont be like Snake thow poison and run,what kind a dj you are?

Inviato Thu 28 Jul 16 @ 2:54 am
Ive been successful in removing vocals from a song, but you need multiple programs to make this happen.
And to do so you need the original song (the released full version) and you need the Instrumental.
Theres a process in which isolating certain frequencies, filtering their sounds and putting them out of phase one at a time can leave you with a pretty good acapella....some of the time.

Ive used Reaper Pro VST Isolatetrix
Pro Tools VST elysia niveau filter.
T-Racks Pro Mastering to eq properly. Usually I use the Normal 1, 2 or 3 pre sets and then adjust off ear to what I like.
back into Reaper Pro into numerous tracks and I apply one or more of the many PHASE VST's and put the full version out of phase to the instrumental version...if done correctly vocals will be all thats left because they dont cancel each other out. Its hard to explain without showing someone.
Mix down to a single track. BOOM. Acapella.

But it doesnt always work. Sometimes frequencies fail to, or wont isolate. Guitar pitches, and key of a song have big impact. You cant do it to any song in E-flat major...I dont understand why but the sound comes out something like a dog whistle....lol. For instance Welcome To The Jungle by GnRs. Its basically hack proof...lol

Inviato Thu 15 Sep 16 @ 3:23 pm
95%