Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Numark Mixtrack Pro - Headphones Volume - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Hello all,

the problem i got is that the output volume of my Numark Mixtrack Pro is pretty low, and its really annoying especially when im out for gigs.
The Headphones i got are the HDJ-500 of Pioneer's and i dont think its a headphone problem,since i have used them directly to a mixer and they were pretty loud in the half of the volume that the mixer provided.

What i have thought, is to buy a headphone amplifier like this one :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Behringer-HA400-4-Channel-Headphone-Amplifier-/111334380124?pt=UK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL&hash=item19ec0bd25c

I have read that amplifiers like this one, help to solve this matter, but i have also read that they might even not solve it.

What you could suggest to me to make the headphones to sound louder when i connect them to my mixtrack pro?

p.s I have tried the command headphone_gain +5% , but its not helping a lot :/

Thank you in advance.

Inviato Mon 28 Apr 14 @ 6:48 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
even you set the controls on your mixtrack for cue at maximum and cue mix control to cue...?

Inviato Mon 28 Apr 14 @ 8:58 am
RobRoy wrote :
even you set the controls on your mixtrack for cue at maximum and cue mix control to cue...?

yes everything to the max :/ mix control either to cue either to master, has the same outcome in volume

Inviato Mon 28 Apr 14 @ 9:13 am
Is the headphone fader in the software up as well??

As you have a midi controller it's possible that the software fader is set to half or less but the controller fader is up. Not saying it is/isn't just thinking of another solution rather than you buying an amp.

Haven't seen anyone else with this issue.

Inviato Mon 28 Apr 14 @ 9:23 am
did you have these probs right from the beginning...?
as far as i can see you have a registered LE Version of a hercules mp3e. this version does not support your numark controller.
so wich version do you use actually...?

Inviato Mon 28 Apr 14 @ 9:36 am
djtouchdan wrote :
Is the headphone fader in the software up as well??

As you have a midi controller it's possible that the software fader is set to half or less but the controller fader is up. Not saying it is/isn't just thinking of another solution rather than you buying an amp.

Haven't seen anyone else with this issue.

You mean the volume fader of the software itself?? Its all the way up in audio settings :/

RobRoy wrote :
did you have these probs right from the beginning...?
as far as i can see you have a registered LE Version of a hercules mp3e. this version does not support your numark controller.
so wich version do you use actually...?

Yes since i have bought the controller. I have the Virtual Dj 7 Pro installed now , i havent registered it yet though..

Inviato Mon 28 Apr 14 @ 10:19 am
Which version of 7 are you running?

It is always recommended to run the most up-to-date version of the software. In this case 7.4.1
Added to that it will also mean you will be able to download FREE, version 8 when that is released. Your can register your software here

Have you tried changing the USB cable? - sometimes if these develop faults then it can cause problems with sound or with midi capabilities.

Inviato Mon 28 Apr 14 @ 10:31 am
The volume you will get from headphones depends on how they're matched electrically (impedance) to the circuit of the mixer or controller that's driving them, and how efficient they are.

Also, the output available from a USB powered device will always be limited in comparison to a mains powered product. There's just not enough juice in the USB power supply.

Try another pair of headphones.

Inviato Mon 28 Apr 14 @ 10:46 am
aekara92 wrote :

Yes since i have bought the controller. I have the Virtual Dj 7 Pro installed now , i havent registered it yet though..

Sorry..guess something went wrong when you registered. your avatar still says VirualDJ LE...

Inviato Mon 28 Apr 14 @ 11:54 am
djtouchdan wrote :
Which version of 7 are you running?

It is always recommended to run the most up-to-date version of the software. In this case 7.4.1
Added to that it will also mean you will be able to download FREE, version 8 when that is released. Your can register your software here

Have you tried changing the USB cable? - sometimes if these develop faults then it can cause problems with sound or with midi capabilities.

The version of mine is the 7.4 and i will register it as soon as i can:)
I havent tried though to use another USB cable, i will do that and i will let you know the results!!

groovindj wrote :
The volume you will get from headphones depends on how they're matched electrically (impedance) to the circuit of the mixer or controller that's driving them, and how efficient they are.

Also, the output available from a USB powered device will always be limited in comparison to a mains powered product. There's just not enough juice in the USB power supply.

Try another pair of headphones.

Before the Pioneer's i had the Sennheiser HD205s. The Pioneers are significantly better than those Sennheisers so i dont think its headphones problem. As i also said in my first post, when i use these headphones directly in a mixer,they are at least 50% louder than when i use them in my Numark Mixtrack Pro.

RobRoy wrote :
aekara92 wrote :

Sorry..guess something went wrong when you registered. your avatar still says VirualDJ LE...

Nah mate i havent registered yet,since i wasnt using that forum so much. But i will do it as soon as i can.

What is your opinion regarding the headphone amplifiers i have posted in my 1st post? I dont mind bying it if it will make a lot difference to the sound output obviously.

Inviato Mon 28 Apr 14 @ 12:08 pm
aekara92 wrote :
when i use these headphones directly in a mixer,they are at least 50% louder than when i use them in my Numark Mixtrack Pro.

Yes.....for the reasons I've stated.

Some equipment has a lower powered headphone amp, but also - the impedance of the headphones needs to be suitable for use with the equipment. If the impedance is wrong, the output level will be affected.

If they're louder with the mixer, that could be just that the mixer has a more powerful headphone amp (esp. if it's mains powered) but it could also be that the impedance match between the headphones and that mixer is better.

It works the same way as matching speakers with amps. A lower impedance load will produce more output from the amp.

Inviato Mon 28 Apr 14 @ 12:44 pm

Inviato Mon 28 Apr 14 @ 12:49 pm
djtouchdan wrote :
Having had a look on google Groovin is absolutely correct. The amp inside the Mixtrack is not powerful at all!!

On another forum i found a link to this http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-HA400-4-Channel-Stereo-Headphone/dp/B000KIPT30/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1388383653&sr=8-2&keywords=headphone+amp that users say made a massive difference.

I also noticed that Huey had posted on the other forum so he may able to offer some advice. I'll send him this way!!

Pls let me know djtouchdan :)

Yes Groovin i know understood what the difference was, but still i dont know how this will help with my matter :P

edit : about the link you posted djtouchdan, i couldnt find anywhere stating that users saw massive difference with the amplifier :/

Inviato Mon 28 Apr 14 @ 1:22 pm
I just found another thread about the same issue here and it was solved by the user reconfiguring the VDJ sound so that the cue signal used the computer headphone socket and it solved the problem.

Inviato Mon 28 Apr 14 @ 1:25 pm
groovindj wrote :
I just found another thread about the same issue here and it was solved by the user reconfiguring the VDJ sound so that the cue signal used the computer headphone socket and it solved the problem.

hmm i havent tried that to be honest..will that make so much difference to the volume of the headphones?
How on earth btw i will make that configuration :'D I guess with Advanced Config?
Will i still be able to use the 2 headphone knobs (gain,cue) at my console, when i have the headphones connected to my pc?
Sounds too complicated to be honest

Inviato Mon 28 Apr 14 @ 1:32 pm
Just thinking out loud here.....

Another way to boost the signal would be to feed the Mixtrack Pro headphone out into the line input of your computer, then out via the computer headphone socket. As long as you don't overload the computer input, the headphone amp in the computer might have a bit more oomph than the Mixtrack Pro one.

Years ago, a company called Red Sound used to make a headphone amp with EQ (the MicroAmp) and also one with a BPM counter onboard (MicroBPM). They still turn up on eBay. The MicroAmp can be powered with 9v batteries, but the MicroBPM uses an external PSU.

I have a MicroBPM myself - bought for the BPM counter rather than the headphone amp, but having EQ is nice.

Inviato Mon 28 Apr 14 @ 2:05 pm
groovindj wrote :

Another way to boost the signal would be to feed the Mixtrack Pro headphone out into the line input of your computer, then out via the computer headphone socket. As long as you don't overload the computer input, the headphone amp in the computer might have a bit more oomph than the Mixtrack Pro one.

Can you please explain that in more detail? My laptop has a mic in input and the headphone socket. Thats all :/
These 2 :

So you are recommending the MicroBPM? will that boost the volume of the headphones besides the counting of bpms?

Cheers btw for all your help :)

Inviato Mon 28 Apr 14 @ 2:20 pm
Hello,

I would like to mention that I bought the Behringer HA400 headphone amplifier and indeed it made the sound coming out of my Mixtrack Pro controller to become a lot louder and with even more clearer sound. So if someone is having the same problem as I had, i strongly recommend him to buy a headphone amplifier device such as the Behringer one.

Cheers

Inviato Wed 28 May 14 @ 10:53 am
DJ187iNCControlleristMember since 2006
Check your windows volume level with in the volume mixer (right hand corner of your screen near the time or control panel)

Worked for me! :)

Inviato Tue 20 Jun 17 @ 8:01 pm
i have this same machine Mixtrack Pro, try adjusting the headphone jack plug in and out gently (pulling it out and pushing it in smoothly) see if it can help. mine is big head phone jack plug but am using big jack plug converter to convert the jack plug to small jack before plugin my head phone. I do experience lower audio when it is completely pushed in, by pulling it out a beat gives me what I need.

Inviato Wed 21 Jun 17 @ 8:48 am
95%