Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: numark ns6 - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

having issues with my numark ns6 deck 1 volume is controlled with deck 3 and vice versa only have deck 1 and 2 enabled on controller and using 2 deck internal skin computer specs: intel Pentium cpu b9802.40 ghz 6 gb ram windows 8 64 bit

Inviato Mon 19 May 14 @ 10:02 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Prefer to use the words channel for the mixer part and decks for the players.
Could you please tell us which channels of the NS6 are you using to control the volume of decks 1 and 2 ?
If not mistaken, the default channel order of the unit (as per the silkscreen) is 3-1-2-4, correct ?
So if you have the channels 3 and 4 of the NS6 as external sources, then the channels 1 and 2 (middle ones) should control the volume of the Decks 1 and 2 . Is that right ?
If you use all 4 Channels and the 4 Decks default skin, do you see the Volume faders of the Ns6 moving the Volume faders of the internal software mixer (on the screen) moving with the same order ? Same with the Eq knobs ?

Inviato Mon 19 May 14 @ 10:13 pm
found solution on 4 deck skin decks 1 and 2 must be selected as decks also as well corresponding with display on numark ns6 controller ie layer must display 1 or 3, or 2 or 4 in sync with skin displaying switch of decks also must be done for 2 deck skins.

Inviato Wed 21 May 14 @ 5:11 am
nope nevermind also another piece of information light on deck not matching layer displayed

Inviato Wed 21 May 14 @ 5:18 am
Is So Frustruating So Muck Wait For This Problem.....Just Might As Well Download itch

Inviato Sat 07 Jun 14 @ 9:14 am
mohypePRO InfinityMember since 2010
Can anyone help me to get my NS6 to work with Vitual DJ8 please. I have downloaded the drivers for it but none of the effects or loops seem to work properly Mo

Inviato Sat 07 Jun 14 @ 6:30 pm
mohypePRO InfinityMember since 2010
How many people out there are using a NS6 controller with virtual DJ ?

Inviato Sat 07 Jun 14 @ 6:55 pm
To me the ns6 works well it all works, what do you use pc or mac

Inviato Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 1:17 am
My Ns6 works well on my MAC,
Things I use and works well
hotcues ; both decks 🆗
play, cue, sync, ; both decks 🆗
pitch fader ; both decks 🆗
pitch buttons ; both decks 🆗
fx buttons ; all decks 🆗 i reprogrammed to operate sampler
mixer controls ; all decks 🆗
master vol ; 🆗
zone/booth vol ; 🆗
browser controls ; 🆗

Inviato Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 9:22 am
A small tip about the NS6...
The Layers of the unit are hardware and the software has no way to tell if you start the NS6 having one Layer or the other active. The unit changes the Layers even before you launch any software, and the Leds are off to help you understand which one is selected.
So , if you launch VirtualDJ and find out that the layers are reversed, e.g. you load a track on deck 1 , but you actually control deck 3, then swap the Layers on that side and relaunch VirtualDJ.
If you dont want this to happen next time you launch VirtualDj, just make sure you close the software while decks 1 and 2 are left and right decks respectively.

Inviato Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 4:08 pm
Dj Dad That Doesnt Work...I Have Selected Deck .....Closed Vdj...Open It Back..And Same Issue Deck 3 On Channel..1...deck 2 On Channel..2..So Channel 2 Works Just..Find.....

Inviato Wed 11 Jun 14 @ 2:31 pm
Sorry, are you talking about the Channel mixer order ? This is by default 3-1-2-4
Are you using a 2 or a 4 decks skin , and which one ?

Inviato Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 12:30 am
OK,,,,,,,Deck A HAS CHANNEL 3 AND 1,,,WHEN THE VDJ PROGRAM IS OPEN...AUTOMATICALY CHANNEL 3 IS ON IN DECK A,,WHEN I PRESS TO ESWICH TO CHANNEL 1 ON DECK A,,,I CAN CONTROLL IT BUT ON THE PROGRAM IS LIKE IS NOT THERE...THEN AGAIN I PRESS TO SWICH TO CHANNEL 3 AND IT APPEARS AS CHANNEL ONE IS RUNNING,,,AND BI VERSA...

Inviato Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 4:41 pm
IT DOES THAT IN 2 DECK MODE OR 4 DECK MODE...WHEN 2 DECK MODE IS ON,,,,,,CHANNEL ONE CANT BE SEEN ON DECK A....U CAN SEE A DECK ON THE PROGRAM BUT WHEN SONG IS LOADED U CANT CONTROLL IT...

Inviato Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 4:43 pm
I am having the exact same problem. VDJ 8 open as adefault 1-3-2-4 channel order. Decks 3 and 2 are active. So on the mixer, Channel 3 controls deck 1, Channel 1 controls deck 3, channel 2 controls deck 2, and channel 4 controls deck 4. For sake of clarity, the NS6 is laid out in a 3-1-2-4 Channel order.

So can we get a 3-1-2-4 option in the config settings? That would really rock!!! Or is it a bug? Either way, it would be awesome to find a workaround.

Inviato Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 5:27 pm
Ok guys, i will take a look once more, probably tomorrow, but in the meantime, lets try to understand each other.
We have 2 things here, mixer control and deck control.
the mixer is indeed 3-1-2-4. So in order to test if the mixer works fine, just forget the decks for a while and control the software decks from the skin. If you load a file on deck 1, and use the play button on the skin, do you get the 2nd Channel from the left (labeled as [1] )controlling Volume, EQ etc ? Does the mixer operate properly as 3-1-2-4 ?

Now for the decks issue... E.g. you launch the software , you load a track on the left side (which is supposed to be Deck 1), and you realize that its actually loaded on deck 3 and you control deck 3 instead of deck 1.
In that case, press the Left LAYER button once, so that the decks swap, close the software and relaunch. Does this fix the issue ?

Inviato Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 8:04 pm
HELLO DJ DAD NO PRESSING THE DECK FROM 3 TO 1 AND CLOSING AND RELAUCHING DOESNT HELP....AS SOON AS VIRUAL DJ PROGRAM IS RUNNING DECK 3 AND TWO IS HIGHLIGHTED....SO INSTEAD OF DECK 1 AND TWO BEING READY AT RESTART DECK 3 AND 2 ARE READY.....AGAIN THE FUCTION IN THE SOFT WARE DOESNT MATH THE FUCTION IN THE CONTROLLER AS FAR AS DECK 1 AND 3 GOES,,,VOLUME FADES ECT WORKS BUT NOT COMBINED WITH DECK 1 AND 3 AS FAR AS DECK 2 AND 4 THEY FUCTION PROPERLY.............

Inviato Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 8:12 pm
Weird, last time i checked, this trick worked for me. Anyways, i will take a look first thing in the morning.

Inviato Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 8:15 pm
spencbeControlleristMember since 2007
Yes, it fixed my issue by reloading VDj

Inviato Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 8:15 pm
Ok, i took a look at the mapper files again and did several tests.

Decks.
Indeed there is a case on launch to control a different deck than the one the Layer shows. This is something that we cant do anything about at the moment, as we dont have a way to force the unit to launch on a specific Layer. The Layers are slightly mapped differently compared to version 7, as we wanted to provide the White Layer for decks 1 and 2 and the Red Layer for decks 3 and 4.
Once again, if you happen to launch the software with reversed Layers on any side, simply swap the Layers on the reversed side and relaunch VDJ.

Mixer.
I see the confusion. Damn, on the sample unit we have (probably pre-production model), Layers on the Left side are marked as 1 and 2 and Layers on the right side are marked as 3 and 4, which in away can be very confusing, considering that the left side controls deck 1 and 3 of the software. I took a look at the Internet and found pictures with 2 different silkscreen and labels on the mixer.
E.g.
This.. https://www.google.gr/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&docid=TQ5Brges6dHj3M&tbnid=vFbZDYKI0tI0AM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.djtechtools.com%2F2011%2F07%2F31%2Fnumark-ns6-review%2Fnumark-ns6%2F&ei=WMyaU87SDIWjPea_gcgN&bvm=bv.68911936,d.ZGU&psig=AFQjCNEMGvq279nH_qGHjOwJaW_y3GLbMQ&ust=1402740100548878
and this .. https://www.google.gr/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&docid=y4zFTETEju7F6M&tbnid=mekxcWrroiJhUM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.numark.com%2FNS6&ei=scyaU6r4CsntPNuPgEA&bvm=bv.68911936,d.ZGU&psig=AFQjCNEMGvq279nH_qGHjOwJaW_y3GLbMQ&ust=1402740100548878
Anyways, i suppose you just need to keep the rule...White Layer for top decks (1 and 2 of VirtualDJ) and Red Layer for the bottom decks (3 and 4 for VirtualDJ)
The mixer, well, i would be confused myself too... lol
Currently the mixer is mapped as 3-1-2-4 (i use the numbers that VirtualDJ uses) but the silkscreen of the unit has swapped order for the Left side.
the options are 2..
a. We keep the current mapping and you just need to ignore the numbers you see on the mixer
b. Offer an alternative mixer order to match the silkscreen of the mixer, so the far left mixer CH will control deck 1 of VirtualDj, and the next one , deck 3 of VirtualDJ. However, with this scenario, i am not sure if you will find a suitable skin to support this order. So this scenario could also confuse more.
Since the unit was always mapped like that (from version 7 or 6), we will not change this for now. Unless of course the majority asks differently.

Inviato Fri 13 Jun 14 @ 5:00 am
51%