Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Browser - Wishes & new features - Page: 25

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

K0mixPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Filter the browser using multiple keywords in any combination, using checkboxes or custom buttons.

I'm working on a new workflow where I write a bunch of keyword attributes into the comment field for each track (probably using an external program).
Then in VDJ I want a list of these attributes which I can turn on and off to filter tracks shown in the browser.

This can almost be done with custom buttons that add text to the search bar, but some features/bugs prevent me creating a full working solution.
Filter folders are not an option, as I would need to create hundreds of them to cover every permutation of selected attributes. Ain't nobody got time fo dat.

The end goal is to move away from genres and sub-genres for arbitrarily grouping tracks, and use attributes instead to create a broader palette to mix from. If that makes any sense!
Picture for demonstrative purposes only, taken from bascurtiz's tagging system concept

Inviato Sat 02 May 20 @ 3:24 am
gvastePRO InfinityMember since 2019
i'm the only one thinking that the browser section needs a complete rework ?

something more like traktor or rekordbox

Inviato Wed 06 May 20 @ 2:02 pm
user19421955 wrote :
i'm the only one thinking that the browser section needs a complete rework ?

something more like traktor or rekordbox

Why and what is it missing in ur point of view? As far as I hv seen vdj has the best to offer in the browser management.

Simple things like the scaling for the lettering is not seen in any other programs I've used and the customization is in a class of it's own from where I sit.

Inviato Wed 06 May 20 @ 3:00 pm
K0mix wrote :
Filter the browser using multiple keywords in any combination, using checkboxes or custom buttons.

I'm working on a new workflow where I write a bunch of keyword attributes into the comment field for each track (probably using an external program).
Then in VDJ I want a list of these attributes which I can turn on and off to filter tracks shown in the browser.

This can almost be done with custom buttons that add text to the search bar, but some features/bugs prevent me creating a full working solution.
Filter folders are not an option, as I would need to create hundreds of them to cover every permutation of selected attributes. Ain't nobody got time fo dat.

The end goal is to move away from genres and sub-genres for arbitrarily grouping tracks, and use attributes instead to create a broader palette to mix from. If that makes any sense!
Picture for demonstrative purposes only, taken from bascurtiz's tagging system concept

This.
This is something I e been working towards also.
I’d love this.

But I’d love something even more.
A new container file format for DJs.
Basically ID3 v2020 with much more useful fields for cataloging music as a DJ or Pro User of Music.

Inviato Sun 10 May 20 @ 9:54 pm
adding color emojis support to add a more visual to identify folders / songs will be great.

Inviato Thu 21 May 20 @ 1:44 pm
K0mix wrote :

Yes, and to be able to save them as global filters. That can be turned on/off.

If I do genre specific events then I want to exclude track so they don't show up in any filters or search results.

Comments is one idea, but I think being able to rename the "User 1"/"User 2" attributes and have the ability to add more would be better. Or to be able to read keywords from comments in to User Defines Attributes (UDA's)

Cheers,

Roy

Inviato Thu 21 May 20 @ 5:51 pm
an audio preview like rekordbox or traktor would be great .

Inviato Thu 28 May 20 @ 1:15 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
audio preview already exists in browser info tab

Inviato Thu 28 May 20 @ 1:44 pm
I think he means a small waveform next to each track in the browser.

Inviato Thu 28 May 20 @ 4:32 pm
Alphabetical sorting should be based on OS locale (just like in a dictionnary)

E.g.:
Águas de Março is currently sorted after Zwing Ting but should be between Adore (from I:Cube) and Ambrosia (from A reminiscent drive)

Inviato Fri 29 May 20 @ 7:20 am
Add covers to file tags (bulk)

Currently it's possible to right click a folder in VDJ and select Download Covers - which works reasonably well.

I've noticed it doesn't download all covers though. Some tracks remain with just text on a coloured background - yet if I open the tag editor for the tracks(s) and click the cover area, VDJ will offer me covers.

Why does it not work when using Download Covers, if it can find covers when using the tag editor?

The next issue for me is that, despite having setTagsAuto turned on, the downloaded covers do not get written to the tags. They all get put into their own folder, and it seems the only way to add them to the tags is to individually edit every file.

Why is there no "write all covers to files" option?

To be honest, I'm trying to do this so I can get the covers onto my Denon Prime 4, as it's not possible to add covers with their software. It's frustrating to think I have thousands of covers in the VDJ folder, but no way of adding them en masse to my music files.

Inviato Wed 24 Jun 20 @ 11:09 am
I agree, this is
There are some potential difficulties downloading covers:
- when tag are not set and filename not usefull
- when title are too recent
- when title is too confidential

depending on coverDownload : no / exact / always
some pics from search engines in tag editor are not consider covers even they are, the opposite is true too

For the same reason, "Fill missing infos" are often wrong (compilation, remix, wrong artist, wrong albun, title not matching....)
and cover being downloaded would not match the track

- rezolution not being specified some bad ones can be downloaded i.e. 16x16

and mp4 (at least) tag editor do not overwrite anything. Once a bad entry was set, it's forever in VDJ, need to use an externat tag editor to fix
but when tags exists, download cover can't always write them

and you missed a great other issue: media format without writable tags : downloaded covers go to local cache
like this using an external device will only have for tracks on the computer the covers were downloaded

Inviato Wed 24 Jun 20 @ 11:37 am
SerinePRO InfinityMember since 2013
The CPU use meter doesn't seem to register stem computation if it is set to `audio` mode. It does register on my computer when in "system" mode.

Inviato Wed 24 Jun 20 @ 12:21 pm
That's because loading and analyzing does not have to do with audio engine
'audio' mode only register audio transport, not filters

Inviato Wed 24 Jun 20 @ 12:32 pm
Hello from Germany

I love VDJ, because it has so many functions with macros and different cue types and so on. The last and only single reason, why i cannot change from Rekordbox to Virtual DJ is: Virtual DJ has no "My Tags" and no instant filters to sort an existing playlist with them custom tags.

So i want to propose this as a feature request.

Sorting on Rekordbox: Here is the custom tag list, if i mark a song on the browser, i can see immediateley what tags are checked and I can check or uncheck some of them tags very quickly with a mouse click (better would be with midi). It is also possible with multiple marked songs to check them all together:

Searching at Rekordbox: I can search quickly by enabling one or more tags at the playlist filter above the list:

So i can quickly seach all songs with the tags "80ies" AND "90ies", with the content ("Italo" OR "Italo Disco") AND for the situation ("wedding" OR "club") without need to use my keyboard. This is a very flexible way to find song that match different criteria. No playlist and no predefined filter list can archieve this.

The only way that ive found on VDJ is:

Sorting on VDJ: I need to open the Tag Editor and i need to type in all matching custom tags into the comment field by keyboard. Its not possible to edit multiple songs, because it would overwrite existing custom tags at the comment field, if some of them songs have some custom tags already.

Searching on VDJ: I need to add a filter list on the left side, i need to change the scope to "database" and i need type in the custom tags into the filter field.
You see, this is impossible during a gig.

Its not a big problem if the DJ knows every song of his database and if he is specialized to one genre as example a Hip Hop DJ.
But a wedding DJ needs to have multiple genres at the database and he will not do a wedding every weekend. So he needs to remember a huge amount of songs and over a longer period of off-time. And he needs to change his sort and filter criteria immediateley if the guests are requesting different things.

Inviato Sat 27 Jun 20 @ 12:51 am
@VDJ Monty
you have a private message!

Inviato Mon 29 Jun 20 @ 7:45 am
VDJ Monty wrote :
large post above

I want that too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Inviato Mon 29 Jun 20 @ 10:56 am
Me too!!

Inviato Mon 29 Jun 20 @ 11:01 pm
Clearer way to identify played tracks. I.e. strike through or change the color of the entire line in the browser.

Inviato Tue 30 Jun 20 @ 12:28 am
The Hofff wrote :
Clearer way to identify played tracks. I.e. strike through or change the color of the entire line in the browser.

Might be possible with skins? I'm not sure.

Inviato Tue 21 Jul 20 @ 5:52 pm
62%