Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Controlling QLC+ DMX lighting program from VDJ8 via MIDI IAC Driver on Mac? - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

I am trying to control QLC+ DMX Lighting software from VDJ8 both running on a Mac. I would like to get a similar end result as achieved by the SBDJ plugin for freestyler on pc - synching on beat and using cue points to trigger different lighting scenes.
Am I crazy to think this is possible? As background I have successfully got QLC+ to achieve both these functions using a DAW. QLC+ has a MIDI IN that I connect to the IAC Driver. QLC+ can learn different MIDI notes to trigger lights scenes or synch to the beat ( a TAP function ).
On the DAW I use MIDI OUT and write a simple sequence to play a midi note on the beat and at different points play a midi note to change scene.
The question is can VDJ8 replace the DAW in sending via MIDI OUT notes that QLC+ can learn. So far I cannot make this happen. I can get VDJ8 to see the IAC Driver and take and act upon incoming MIDI notes using the Controller option in Setup.
But I cannot see how to get VDJ8 to act as a MIDI Source and send MIDI notes out to the IAC Driver. Using MIDI Monitor I can see VDJ8 receiving and sending MIDI notes to my Numark Mixtrack Pro II ( you can spy on MIDI Destinations ) but no luck in writing out to the IAC Driver. Please help or tell me this is just not possible.

Inviato Mon 16 Jun 14 @ 4:04 pm
its not working because they have not implemented midi out in vdj8 yet.hopefully soon...

Inviato Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 3:40 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Virtual DJ v8 most definately does support MIDI out.

It doesn't support MIDI clock at present, but that is not that same as 'MIDI out'.

Inviato Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 4:16 pm
thanks for the prompt reply SBDJ. I don't believe MIDI clock is actually supported in QLC+ and so no need for this, I just need a midi note sent out via IAC Driver, one which is tapping out the beat, the others being the set of notes associated with the group of Cue Points I would assign in the same way you did with your freestyler plugin to change scene. If anyone has some example VDJ scripting and instructions to do this I would be very grateful. sorry if I am asking painfully naive questions here.

Inviato Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 4:28 pm
SBDJ wrote :
Virtual DJ v8 most definately does support MIDI out.

It doesn't support MIDI clock at present, but that is not that same as 'MIDI out'.

Oh...okay..

Inviato Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 5:20 pm
You'll need to create a definition and mapper for you virtual device, and then you can create some output notes - easiest way being by defining LEDs :)

Inviato Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 6:07 pm
Scott, can you elaborate on this a little further...

I assume the idea is to create a dummy MIDI device where defining imaginary LEDs acts as a method of output.

With that in mind, how would you then use POI Editor to trigger those imaginary LEDs for output and would there be any script / action that would allow you to trigger the same action at multiple different points. EG Blinders every time imaginary LED-1 is triggered?

Cheers

Inviato Wed 10 Sep 14 @ 1:13 pm
I was hoping this topic would get more attention. Is there currently a way to send cbr data to QLC? All I basically need is beat tap... to have the bpm automatically set in QLC.

QLC supports OSC commands. Can virtualdj somehow send OSC to achieve this?

Inviato Thu 28 Apr 16 @ 7:04 pm
You can send MIDI clock. VDJ doesn't support OSC, but a plugin could do that very easily...

Inviato Thu 28 Apr 16 @ 7:20 pm
Is there anyone interested in helping develop a OSC add-on that will send information to QLC+

I'd like it to be similar to the Freestyler Add-on that Cue-Points in the songs trigger (buttons) on QLC+

I'd like to team up with a developer and see if we can get something together if anyone is willing to help please contact me.

I know the DMX side but don't know much about coding or development.

Thanks Guys!

Inviato Thu 30 Jun 16 @ 7:58 pm
I have a DMX controller that is compatible with QLC+ so I could create something :)

Inviato Thu 30 Jun 16 @ 8:54 pm
OK, I have a functional plugin that is sending the beat data via OSC, and commands from POI.... ;)

Inviato Thu 30 Jun 16 @ 11:03 pm
Thank you. How can we get the plugin? I can't find it on the plugin downloads.

Inviato Wed 06 Jul 16 @ 7:32 pm
I haven't released it yet ;)

Inviato Thu 07 Jul 16 @ 1:37 pm
Let me know if you need a beta tester thanks! Can't wait to try it out.

Inviato Mon 22 Aug 16 @ 3:14 pm
Any further development with this?

Inviato Tue 13 Sep 16 @ 2:02 am
I am doing a intro to DMX Live Event on Youtube Wed the 21st and I would love to add your Plugin to the list of DJ software integrated for lighting control. Please let me know ASAP if your ready to release this.

This will be going out to a large group of DJ's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRtTi7ceLCo

Inviato Mon 19 Sep 16 @ 4:03 am
I am still waiting for further information on this plugin. Thanks

Inviato Mon 24 Oct 16 @ 6:41 pm
This there any information on this plugin yet?

Inviato Wed 14 Dec 16 @ 4:51 am
I haven't had a chance to do any more on this yet.

Inviato Wed 14 Dec 16 @ 4:54 pm
16%