Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Controlling QLC+ DMX lighting program from VDJ8 via MIDI IAC Driver on Mac? - Page: 3.35

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

The Last Release to Download dont Work in Windows. VDJ 8 says that plugin is incompatible. Who can Upload a working version Here ? with working config File...i dont have possibilities to compile GitHub Version
Regards Ralf

Inviato Thu 16 Aug 18 @ 6:25 pm
bluesreen2 wrote :
The Last Release to Download dont Work in Windows. VDJ 8 says that plugin is incompatible. Who can Upload a working version Here ? with working config File...i dont have possibilities to compile GitHub Version
Regards Ralf

Tried and tried and tried.....now its working with Windows ! Testet with Windows 7 64bit and Windows 10 64bit

1.) download newest VDJArtnet dll from here or the date newest dll from here and download also config.txt and presets.txt from here, download via "Clone or download"-button as zip. Extract the zip to get the booth txt-files. Do not get the text-files via "save as.." directly from github. The files are then corrupt and you will have empty config and empty presets.
2.) put the dll to C:\Users\...\Documents\VirtualDJ\Plugins\Autostart. (If there is no folder Autostart, make it). Make also a folder into Autostart called "VDJArtnet" and put the text-files into.
3.) start VDJ 8 or 2018 and switch in the middle section from Mixer to Master fader. You will now see a the button with dropdown "Master Effekt" . Dropdown and look for entry "Autostart". Its a folder so go in and find VDJArtnet plugin to enable it. If behind the Plugin-name says "(incompatible)" then close VDJ and do Step 4 otherwise Step 5.
4.) Install "Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable für Visual Studio 2017" x86-Version (vc_redist.x86.exe) from here
My thought was for my windows 7 64bit to install x64-version. False! Must be x86 ! Otherwise plugin is "incomaptible" and cannot enabled.
5.) there were you enabled the plugin in VDJ you can go also to plugin config.It will be shown right bottom edge. Push there config-button. Now two windows with config and presets will come up.
6.) in config window IP-Adress is 127.0.0.1 for VDJ and QLC on same PC. Otherwise you should insert IP from PC where QLC is working.
7.) First code-line is pre-insert as: var $artnet 1 ? set $VDJartnetSend 255 : set $VDJartnetSend 0
This does not work at my booth windows-PCs. No data was transfered to QLC+. So the solution is: var artnet 1 ? set $VDJartnetSend 255 : set $VDJartnetSend 0 .... without "$" only before artnet .!!! Rest is ok.
8.) First testing a preset that should send data every beat. Marker line 2 of config-window so it goes blue. Now pick "Every beat" from presets-window and drag to markered line of config-window. The code is insert and works. Beware ! If you drag a "CUE" preset then you must delete the "$" as in Step 7 written. CUE Code in plugin is activated by VDJ in Poi Editor if you set Cue-Point as action . There you insert only: set artnet 1 or set artnet 2 .
9.) In QLC+ you go to input/output and set input to Artnet 127.0.0.1. Make a profile. To test make a scene and a button in virtual console. Make button as flash and external input manual to Artnet channel 2 (in Step 8 we have send "Every beat" from VDJ.

Hope, it helps !

regards, Ralf

Inviato Sun 19 Aug 18 @ 7:28 am
cnaylPRO InfinityMember since 2016

Inviato Sat 25 Aug 18 @ 12:16 pm
Thanks for that info - I managed to get it working based on this info. I found like you that the $ needed removing so would be good to have that edit put into the master download. Only issue I found is that in VDJ, clicking the Config button doesn't open up the editor so I ended up just editing the text files outside of VDJ.

Inviato Tue 28 Aug 18 @ 10:28 am
Since we are all happy about the 64 bit version of VDJ ...
Is there a compatible version of VDJArtnet soon?

Inviato Tue 28 Aug 18 @ 3:55 pm
cnayl wrote :
Thanks for that info - I managed to get it working based on this info. I found like you that the $ needed removing so would be good to have that edit put into the master download. Only issue I found is that in VDJ, clicking the Config button doesn't open up the editor so I ended up just editing the text files outside of VDJ.

Try other dll-file. One of both Download links in my thread has this problem, other shows the config and preset window from VDJ . Did you make the folder called VDJArtnet in Autostart folder and put the txt files into?

Inviato Tue 28 Aug 18 @ 8:02 pm
Hi, I need help ...
How do I synchronize cue between virtual dj 8.3 and qlc +
I have the VDJarnet plugins running well inside virtual dj 8
but I do not know how to make the cue receive them qlc +
thank you very much I am from Argentina
regards !!!!!

Inviato Mon 03 Sep 18 @ 5:07 am
Hi, I need help ...
How do I synchronize cue between virtual dj 8.3 and qlc +
I have the VDJarnet plugins running well inside virtual dj 8
but I do not know how to make the cue receive them qlc +
thank you very much I am from Argentina
regards !!!!!

Inviato Mon 03 Sep 18 @ 5:18 am
hello !!!!
Cue 001~var $artnet 1 ? set $VDJartnetsend 255 : set $VDJartnetsend 0
Cue 002~var $artnet 3 ? set $VDJartnetsend 255 : set $VDJartnetsend 0
Cue 003~var $artnet 4 ? set $VDJartnetsend 255 : set $VDJartnetsend 0
Cue 004~var $artnet 5 ? set $VDJartnetsend 255 : set $VDJartnetsend 0
Cue 005~var $artnet 6 ? set $VDJartnetsend 255 : set $VDJartnetsend 0

there seems to be an error in PRESETS TXT. between Cue 002 and Cue 005 --------ej: Cue 002~var $artnet 3
cue 2 is $artnet 3 .....I ask???

Inviato Mon 03 Sep 18 @ 6:25 am
billyino wrote :
hello !!!!
Cue 001~var $artnet 1 ? set $VDJartnetsend 255 : set $VDJartnetsend 0
Cue 002~var $artnet 3 ? set $VDJartnetsend 255 : set $VDJartnetsend 0
Cue 003~var $artnet 4 ? set $VDJartnetsend 255 : set $VDJartnetsend 0
Cue 004~var $artnet 5 ? set $VDJartnetsend 255 : set $VDJartnetsend 0
Cue 005~var $artnet 6 ? set $VDJartnetsend 255 : set $VDJartnetsend 0

there seems to be an error in PRESETS TXT. between Cue 002 and Cue 005 --------ej: Cue 002~var $artnet 3
cue 2 is $artnet 3 .....I ask???

This is not a Problem. In VDJ rightclick in waveform then Poieditor comes up. There new cue give a name and Set as Action and only marker. Right you can write a command like " set artnet 1 " (without ") or set artnet 2 and so on...

In Config of plugin it runs through the lines and looks for var artnet 1. If its used in first line then the following script code will run in artnet channel 1 and will catched in QLC+ on channel 1.

If you set in VDJ command "set artnet 2" and in plugin var artnet 2 is used in line 5, then its send to QLC+ artnet channel 5.

For Windows you should read my last postings here in this thread.

To test communication between VDJ and QLC you can put in the preset "in every Beat" in a line you wish. Line=Channel of artnet in QLC.

For POI Editor you must understand that the Action command uses variables. You can also write "set bnet 1" This means only that in VDJ localy is set a variable bnet to value 1. If you do so, then you have to take in a line of plugin config the var bnet 1.... following the script command ....

Once set in POI editor a variable to a value it will never Stop the command to artnet channel. You must set another Cue in POI editor where you set variable to value 0 (dont use var 0 in Config) If you make a flash Button in QLC or other value e.g. 2 to set other button over channel (line in Config where you used var bnet 2)....

regards Ralf

Inviato Tue 04 Sep 18 @ 9:59 am
ok gracias amigo Ralph

Inviato Tue 04 Sep 18 @ 9:22 pm
bluesreen2 wrote :
cnayl wrote :

Try other dll-file. One of both Download links in my thread has this problem, other shows the config and preset window from VDJ . Did you make the folder called VDJArtnet in Autostart folder and put the txt files into?

I'vr tried both and get same lack of config window with both. Yes I have the folder created etc and VDJ does as is configured, so it's reading the config file okay.

Inviato Tue 18 Sep 18 @ 2:32 pm
Try this windows-dll : www.cave-live.info/VDJArnet.zip

I compiled a github version from 05/2018 and put some presets in it. Newer version have much bugs and will crash Virtual DJ.

For this version you need no preset.txt or config.txt. After first start it creates a VDJArtnet.ini and a VDJArtnet.conf near the dll-file.
These files are not to edit. All used presets or selfmade-lines in the config will paste in conf-file.

On my Windows 10 and Windows 7 notebook it works with config-popup. Also just one instance of config-windows is always open.
One little problem i see is that if you will close VDJ with open config-windows it seems there a problem in code. I will search for solution.
Try and give me a feedback.

regards Ralf

Inviato Tue 09 Oct 18 @ 11:20 am
bluesreen2 wrote :

One little problem i see is that if you will close VDJ with open config-windows it seems there a problem in code. I will search for solution.
Try and give me a feedback.
regards Ralf

Not vdjartnet plugin made the problem, it was my graphic driver.

On download-link at posting before i now have other lower cpu version of plugin upped (10.05.2018 Github) WINDOWS-DLL
All Version after that date have many bugs inside, such as crashes or high cpu working. Cannot understand that the developers don´t test changes in Mac AND Windows. There were more features but almost buggy in windows. On my mind the earlier versions with separate presets.txt file are better to exchange with other user.
If i now have some more ideas for presets, i must recompile a new dll blasted with the input of Presets.txt which is now in dll betted.
Sorry,but years ago i coded in Delphi (Pascal) and i never made such trash as i saw in that source code.

Try and give me a feedback please.

Inviato Tue 09 Oct 18 @ 6:09 pm
Windows VDJArtnet plugin Github 10.05.2018 (with own changes)

-included presets : fixed to use with CUE points in VDJ
-included presets : add more presets audible
-download package : add helping photos to config VDJArtnet and QLC to use CUEs

VDJArtnet
.zip" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Download Package

Please some feedbacks 8-)

regards ralf

Inviato Sun 14 Oct 18 @ 10:59 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Hi,
I tested this version : yes it seems stable, but very limited and somehow difficult to use

you missed a lot of possibilities by limitting everything to switches by cues

example scripts i use with my own test dll :

Rotation~get_rotation & param_multiply 255 & set $VDJartnetsend
LevelFfull~get_level & param_multiply 255 & set $VDJartnetsend
script 1 Level~var $artnet 1 ? get_level & param_multiply 255 & set $VDJartnetsend : set $VDJartnetsend -1
Beatgrid~get_beatgrid & param_multiply 255 & set $VDJartnetsend
Karaoke Waiting~is_karaoke_idle & param_cast & param_multiply 255 & set $VDJartnetsend
32 Steps~get_beat_num 32 & param_multiply 291 & set $VDJartnetsend

Of course i modified the update() function in a way it does not reset DMX chanel to 0 when $VDJartnetsend is not in range 0..255 but keep it as is.

this way i'm able to drive sliders directly within QLC++ by switching them to level mode

by the way,I compiled/tested my tests with VDJ-64 too, it is ok
Note: I was also programming in delphi and have in mind to use lazarus for some plugins...

Inviato Wed 17 Oct 18 @ 5:26 am
Nicotux wrote :
Hi,
I tested this version : yes it seems stable, but very limited and somehow difficult to use

Why difficult to use ? Usage is same as older versions.
Quote :

you missed a lot of possibilities by limitting everything to switches by cues

no, its not limited. I wrote i fixed CUE. Means that i made a change on it. Its not necessary to set $ (global variable) before the artnet variable if you use as CUE in Poi editor of VDJ. You can write as poi action in VDJ: set artnet 1 (without $) and in plugin in presets btw VDJ script line also without $.
Quote :

example scripts i use with my own test dll :

Rotation~get_rotation & param_multiply 255 & set $VDJartnetsend
LevelFfull~get_level & param_multiply 255 & set $VDJartnetsend
script 1 Level~var $artnet 1 ? get_level & param_multiply 255 & set $VDJartnetsend : set $VDJartnetsend -1
Beatgrid~get_beatgrid & param_multiply 255 & set $VDJartnetsend
Karaoke Waiting~is_karaoke_idle & param_cast & param_multiply 255 & set $VDJartnetsend
32 Steps~get_beat_num 32 & param_multiply 291 & set $VDJartnetsend

Thats interesting. Those presets i ask for to include...some new ideas..cool
Can you explain the presets because some i dont understand. Why multiply 291 ?
Should be : 32 Steps~get_beat_num 32 & param_multiply 255 & set $VDJartnetsend
Because get_beat_num 32 gives you per beat: 100/32 %/100 = 0,03125 and then multiply 255 = DMX Value 7,96875 per Step (QLC+ round the displayed value on slider to DMX 8 or to 3% (real 3,125%)
Quote :

Of course i modified the update() function in a way it does not reset DMX chanel to 0 when $VDJartnetsend is not in range 0..255 but keep it as is.

this way i'm able to drive sliders directly within QLC++ by switching them to level mode

Do not understand. The value range is ever between 0 and 255. I test my compiled dll and it works also with slider in level mode. Level mode expects values from 0..255.
In cases the value of your VDJ script code is higher, you should solve this. I modified today the dll. So values higher 255 will be =255 instead of =0.
Slider should work properly. Also i put in your presets after my last entries. Try out and give some feedback please.
Your presets are working also on decks which are not audible, means that if more than one deck is playing (e.g. one over headphone) the result of VDJArtnet comes from both decks. It can be resolved .... is_audible deck active & ....
Quote :

by the way,I compiled/tested my tests with VDJ-64 too, it is ok
Note: I was also programming in delphi and have in mind to use lazarus for some plugins...

My last development is more than 5 years ago. Made this with Borland Developer Studio 2006.
Here i use the free Visual Studio 2017 to compile. VDJ 64 i did not test.
Which VDJArtnet Version (Date) did you compile ?

VDJArtnet
DLL.zip" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Download Windows DLL modified 17.10.18

regards ralf

Inviato Wed 17 Oct 18 @ 7:55 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014

" Why difficult to use ? Usage is same as older versions."
Yes same use as the original, thus as "difficult" simply because it needs a lot of work editing poi actions for every tracks, this is inherent to this kind of functionalities :)

The $ sign is not really an issue for the plugin to work, only depends on config and scripts, but you are right. I actually use the $ because i test with some pad buttons and hey are deck related if no $

The param_multiply 291 !!
Yes; I had some difficulties to understand, this is because of the get_beat_num and master_eat_num functions do not give float result in range 0 to 1

" get_beat_num 32 gives you per beat: 100/32 %/100 = 0,03125 " was what I think initialy too but IS NOT what vbscript/vdj really do

i.e.:
"master_beat_num 5" will sent 0.0, 0.2, 0.4, 0.6, 0.8 which is 1/beats * beat_num (range 0..Beats-1) and we need result range 0..255
multiplicator becomes : (256 / ((beats-1)/beats) -1) or ((256 * beats) / (beats - 1)) -1
(256 / (4/5)) - 1 = (256*5/4) -1 = 320-1 = 319
`master_beat_num 5 & param_multiply 319 & param_cast integer`
Given values to our script are this time : 0 64 128 191 255 which is really what we need

for 32 Beats, values are from 0.0, 0.03, up to 0.094, 0.97
I want 0, 8 .. 247, 255

256*32/31-1=263 (Thus you pointed out an error in my scripts)
The other hand feel free to multiply 255, range will be 0, 8, .. 239, 247
Mainly depends on the values needed by the set being controled; mine have a control at 248..255

"Do not understand. The value range is ever between 0 and 255. I test my compiled dll and it works also with slider in level mode. Level mode expects values from 0..255.
In cases the value of your VDJ script code is higher, you should solve this. I modified today the dll. So values higher 255 will be =255 instead of =0."

I modified another way, using wrong values as a functionality to tell not to modify the current value :
here is the function with update flag fixed, a "fast & furious" overrun prevention and the commented out lines not to modify the values in case script does not return in range 0..255. (I think to use MSB with some usefull values i.e. to tell things such as universe to apply to ... later)

void CVDJartnet::updateDMXvalues() {
static bool overrun = false; // FIXME maybe use some mutex/semaphore

if (m_Enable == 0) { return; }

if (overrun) return;
overrun = true;

bool updated = false;
for (int i = 0; i < 512; i++) {
if (!config->channelCommands.script.empty()) {
double resultDouble = -1;
// SendCommand("set $VDJartnetSend 256");
SendCommand(config->channelCommands.script.c_str());
GetInfo("get_var $VDJartnetSend", &resultDouble);

int resultInt = (int)round(resultDouble);
if (resultInt >= 0 && resultInt <= 255) {
updated |= artnet.setChannel(i, (uint8_t)resultInt);
// This way out of range value stand for "keep as is"
// } else {
// updated |= artnet.setChannel(i, 0);
}
}
}

if (updated || skippedPackets > config -> getSkipPacketLimit()) {
artnet.setUniverse(config->univ);
artnet.sendArtnetPacket(config->host, config->port);
skippedPackets = 0;
} else {
skippedPackets += 1;
}
overrun = false;
}

"Your presets are working also on decks which are not audible, means that if more than one deck is playing (e.g. one over headphone) the result of VDJArtnet comes from both decks. It can be resolved .... is_audible deck active & .... "

Thanks, as i use different physical outputs for Main, Headphone, Booth and Preview and never set a preview deck or such, I never experiment this :/
Or maybe i set the plugin only for Master

"Which VDJArtnet Version (Date) did you compile ?"

Github 10.05.2018 and 22.06.2018 (latest)

I compiled the config window as an external .exe too
I also compiled a lite version without config button or preset (no need .NET to run within vdj)
I compiled plugin to test it with VDJ-64 and it works

Inviato Thu 18 Oct 18 @ 5:31 pm

Inviato Thu 18 Oct 18 @ 7:06 pm

Inviato Thu 18 Oct 18 @ 7:08 pm
54%