Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Looking for help with picking new Controller - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

What is the best controller for mobile djing. Looking for ideas of what works best for fuctionalty and price

Inviato Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 12:38 am
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
You will get different answers here for sure.
I am just gonna tell you what I have for small set ups.

For mid-size... Pioneer DDJ-SX.
For Portability... I just recently bought a Reloop-Beatpad, a midi-controller specifically designed for Ipad use with Djay 2, but also works flawless with Virtual DJ 8.

Here's a photo to give you an idea...
*Also posted on "This is my set up, What's yours?"

If you have enough to spend, go for the SZ!

Inviato Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 1:06 am
I think Reloop have the best value for money right now, if you are not talking about entry level controllers

I would go for the Terminal Mix 2 for 2-channel mixing or the Terminal Mix 8 for 4-channel mixing

Inviato Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 5:09 am
you may be able to pick up a Dennon mc6000 MK1 at the right price, still a few being sold.....

I prefer the Mk1 to the MK2, its a great controller for mobile work, solid build quality, hybrid digital and analogue, compact, great sound quality, rack mountable, and two mic channels with EQ, echo, and auto ducking.

A cheaper solution there may be , but I think this has it all for mobile work .......

Inviato Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 6:20 am
There is no best controller, for mobile work. It's like buying a new car. My advice, research and touch as many controllers, as you can. Which one has the most features that you want and need. Then decide how much you want to spend. I always say, buy the one you want, not the one you can afford. You will end up buying the one that you want, later on anyway. What works for me, may not work for you.

Inviato Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 12:13 pm
Jason KPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I didn't care for the ddjsx, but I like the ns7 and ns7 II. I really don't like non moving platters though.

Inviato Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 12:33 pm
Omega Starr wrote :
fuctionalty and price

Im gonna have to say the Mixdeck or Mixdeck Quad. Both are great units for the price. If your a video jock then go with the Quad because the mixer section is MIDI.

What I love about them is all the different media types that can be played. You can play off a CD, thumb/flash or hard drive or use them as MIDI controllers with your software of choice. With the Quad you use either an iPad, iPod or an iPhone (there are some limitations with this though so please read the manual). Their footprint isn't very big and they don't sound bad.

http://www.numark.com/product/mixdeckquad

I have loved mine since I got them.

Inviato Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 7:21 pm
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I'm a Denon guy.... I have a 3000, 6000, and a 6000MK2.

Rock solid and perfect functionality!!

Inviato Sat 12 Jul 14 @ 12:49 pm
I have a Denon 3000, not happy with the soundcard. The sound is not that great to me.

Inviato Sun 13 Jul 14 @ 10:52 pm
I have buy a American Audio VMS2 ,find this very great to work with it and VDJ 7 Pro
Soundcard and the Price is good for me and a 19" Zoll (Inch) Rack braket and VDJ LE Software is in package too.
use this for my Mobile Disco.

Think this is a good Midi-Controller for this Price.

When you will use a 4 Channel Midi Controller ,then take a look for the AA VMS 4.1 Controller

mfg,Dirk

Inviato Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 6:39 am
if your going the laptop route for regular deejaying then I'd go for The Mixtrack Quad, or Mixdeck Quad or even the classic N4 4-Channel DJ Controller (all by Numark). They all come with there own built in effects (if you're into that kind of thing). Or better still find a dj shop where they have a few of them set up and go have a play

Inviato Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 11:02 am
Numark have just announced a new controller. Numark NV. Says designed for Serato but should hopefully work with vdj too.
Looks really nice.

Inviato Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 5:42 pm
Thanks will check it out

Inviato Tue 15 Jul 14 @ 12:07 am
Something wrong with the Hercules RMX2? Same size as the original, they are two/three flight cases with laptop shelves available. With XLR's you can plug your powered speakers right into it. VDJ8 was suppose to launch with the controller, that never happen. I've seen some problems with Numark controllers with VDJ8 (a friends NS-6 misbehaves with VDJ8) and no problems with Hercules products.

Inviato Tue 15 Jul 14 @ 12:24 am
Hello Omega Starr!

You have asked a question that as 938MyDj said, has a plethora of solutions. As a mobile DJ, i know the importance of having a good, reliable, compact controller that suits your DJ style. Below, i have made a list of controllers that fit the bill of what you are looking for.

1: Denon MC-3000
Image:
http://medias.audiofanzine.com/images/normal/denon-dj-dn-mc3000-700030.jpg
The smallest of the bunch, the MC3000 is a compact as it is reliable:
This controller feels sturdy because it has a solid steel chassis
More info:
http://www.amazon.com/Denon-DJ-MC3000-Professional-Controller/dp/B006T3HGAO

2: Denon MC6000|Denon MC6000mk2
Image (Top: Denon MC6000 | Bottom: Denon MC6000mk2):
http://djtt-cdn-w3cache.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/denon-mc-6000-vs-mk2.jpg
The larger controllers, the 6000 series offers more features but still is good value.
More Info:
Denon MC6000:
http://www.amazon.com/Denon-DJ-DN-MC6000-Professional-Controller/dp/B005OZEV42
Denon MC6000mk2:
http://www.amazon.com/Denon-DJ-DNMC6000MK2-Professional-Controller/dp/B00HCPTXJA

I do own all these controllers so if you want to know more about any of them please just PM me or just ask within the forum discussion and i will do my best to get back to you!

Happy mixing,
Josh

Inviato Tue 15 Jul 14 @ 3:21 pm
Omega Starr wrote :
I have a Denon 3000, not happy with the soundcard. The sound is not that great to me.

I know that you have an opinion and that is yours to choose, but if you look at Denon's products and their performance, you will find that they make some of the best sound cards you can get.

Inviato Tue 15 Jul 14 @ 3:30 pm
That's what I have been told. I Love my MC3000 but it does not always sound the best. I'm going try using a better cables. I appricate all the advice and information.

Inviato Wed 16 Jul 14 @ 12:32 am
It's depend of what you need, of what you want to do in gigs.

Inviato Wed 16 Jul 14 @ 6:35 am
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I have a number of controllers and a 'golden' ear. I haven't really found any noticeable difference between the Denon or Pioneer sound cards within their controllers, however I'm going to state something obvious here:

- I only play .wav, .aiff, and .flac files at the highest resolutions. (Playing downloaded .mp3's can make everything sound terrible.)
- Your cables play a massive role here... Do NOT use Monoprice cables. (Yes, they are inexpensive I know...) - Want good quality, use better cables. (You don't need $100.00 XLR's either.)
- Speakers... Playing on low end Gemini speakers are only so good. I strictly use EV ZLX and JBL EON's and Yorkville subs.
- On the exit of the controller, you should go into an EQ before going out to your speakers. The EQ on your controller is only good enough as is the EQ bands on your speakers.

With everything above, my audio is crystal clear, no hum, and everything is perfectly balanced. If there's a glass breaking in the song, you may just get cut with the shards.

Inviato Wed 16 Jul 14 @ 9:50 am
71%