Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Is there a way to use Pioneer RMX1000 as plug-in with VDJ8? - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Meaning, I could select a deck to apply the effects (like send/return on a DJM) but with a controller... particularly on an SX OR a Reloop Beatpad.

Inviato Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 5:53 pm
Bump!

Inviato Thu 24 Jul 14 @ 5:23 pm
Not unless you can split the channels out of the SX or Reloop which I don't think you can. I think you'll only be able to use it on the master out.

Inviato Thu 24 Jul 14 @ 5:40 pm
Thanks for the input, Beat!
I've tested this live on both units (SX/Beatpad) using the master out.

I just thought I could take advantage of the breakdown-feature when doing outros in transition when I don't bring my Nexus.

Inviato Fri 25 Jul 14 @ 1:39 pm
Why don't you use the RMX1000 plugin? That way it's accessible per deck or master from within VDJ and you can control it from the RMX1000 hardware.

Here's the PDF

Inviato Sat 26 Jul 14 @ 8:49 am
This is what I thought would be the only possible way.
I haven't used VST for any DJ software before so this would be an additional knowledge if I can make it work.

I will report back after doing tests.

Thanks

Inviato Sat 26 Jul 14 @ 12:22 pm
The VST *.dll file will need to be put in the Virtual DJ directory rather than the standard VST one, as Virtual DJ doesn't access VSTs in the usual way (by pointing it to the system VST folder).

Inviato Sat 26 Jul 14 @ 12:30 pm
Hello,

I have a Pioneer RMX 500, with latest drivers, firmware and installed plugin, but it does not work.
I placed the .vst-file in the Plugins64/SoundEffects folder and it shows up in the effects dropdown within VDJ 8.
But there is no way to activate the plugin. :-(
If I put the file somewhere else like Plugins/SoundEffects it is not visible in VDJ.

Does anyone know if it's a general problem with pioneer VST or am I just not able to make it work?

My system: OSX 10.7.5 + VDJ 8.0 build 1897.765

Inviato Sat 09 Aug 14 @ 10:02 am
For Mac you should try the AU version of the plugin.

VSTs are mainly for PC (although I believe in some cases there are Mac VSTs). AU is the more usual plugin type for Mac.

Disclaimer: I don't know if VDJ on Mac supports AU, (Mac) VST or both. I don't use a Mac.

Inviato Sat 09 Aug 14 @ 11:33 am
Hi guys, I am hoping someone maybe able to give me some advice. VD8, broadcasting. I am finding the web page, on the listen to peterccross button it is saying INVALID SOURCE and I am getting no sound, it seems everything at my end is ok, at least I think it is, Any advice guys?

Inviato Sat 09 Aug 14 @ 12:04 pm
[quote=]Any advice guys? [/quote]

Yes. Don't post at the end of a thread that's got absolutely nothing to do with your question!

:-)

Inviato Sat 09 Aug 14 @ 2:07 pm
@groovindj:
Thanks for your hint.

I've tried to use AU, as it's told in the pioneer tutorial with the same result as before.
For me it seems more or less, that VDJ MAC is not really able to handle VST/AU plugins - maybe I am totally wrong.

It doesn't really matter if VDJ MAC is not able to handle this plugin but if anybody has some information according this issue it would save myself much time ;-)

Inviato Sat 09 Aug 14 @ 4:36 pm
Hi,
I tried it out on my netbook and it works. So it seems to be a problem between Pioneer / OSX and VDJ.
What I am a little surprised about is that there is no optical feedback for active FX on hardware, but just the plugin window which overlays other relevant parts. It's not satisfying at all but it's very funny to have the rmx 500 fx available on each deck not only on the master out, though it's the wrong os.
It will be similar to the RMX 1000...

Inviato Sun 10 Aug 14 @ 9:05 am
rmx 1000 plugin with vdj 8

Inviato Mon 11 Aug 14 @ 1:35 pm
Is this in Mac?

Inviato Mon 11 Aug 14 @ 2:00 pm
no windows

Inviato Mon 11 Aug 14 @ 2:51 pm
Although the topic refers to RMX 1000, could any developer tell us how to use a RMX 500 or 1000 on Mac or is it not possible?

Inviato Mon 11 Aug 14 @ 2:59 pm
Bump!

Inviato Tue 12 Aug 14 @ 5:29 pm
Bump!

Inviato Fri 27 Feb 15 @ 5:16 pm
Pinchadiscos_DJ wrote :
Although the topic refers to RMX 1000, could any developer tell us how to use a RMX 500 or 1000 on Mac or is it not possible?

any new info?

Inviato Wed 07 Oct 15 @ 11:58 pm
42%