Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Virtual DJ 7 and 8 - Yosemite compatibility - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Now that Yosemite (OSX 10.10) is available to Appleseed users in beta form, I can publicly post that I have been using VDJ 7.4.1 and VDJ 8 within Yosemite for the last few months without a problem.

However, I do continue to recommend that if you use VDJ 7 or 8 within Mavericks or Yosemite, disable AppNap completely or just for the VDJ 7 and 8 executable.

Inviato Thu 24 Jul 14 @ 2:03 pm
I am testing Yosemite 10.10 and Virtual DJ 8 fails to open every time. DJ 7 is fine. Can this please be fixed. Warm grooves. Tom

Inviato Tue 05 Aug 14 @ 3:52 am
on 10.10 Beta 5 and VDJ7 says Error under any song I put in either deck. Can't use the software at all.

Inviato Sun 17 Aug 14 @ 12:51 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
If it says "error" VDJ is not able to find the file at the given filepath.
Open the file info dialog and check the filepath.

Inviato Mon 18 Aug 14 @ 7:29 am
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I'm always using the latest beta along with Yosemite and have been for about a month or so at public events with zero issues. Been pretty good as of lately!!

Inviato Mon 18 Aug 14 @ 11:50 am
dcomo wrote :
I'm always using the latest beta along with Yosemite and have been for about a month or so at public events with zero issues. Been pretty good as of lately!!

+1

Inviato Mon 18 Aug 14 @ 11:53 am
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Is there an official answer to this?

I am downloading now - so I guess I will see :)

Inviato Fri 17 Oct 14 @ 1:48 am
Apple has just released the final version of OS X Yosemite in it's Mac App Store, so it seems to me that A LOT of users will be upgrading their systems over the weekend. Any word on VirtualDJ 7 Pro and VirtualDJ 8 Pro being certified for Yosemite?

Inviato Fri 17 Oct 14 @ 11:31 am
So far I am finding Yosemite to be more snappier than Mavericks and vdj works fine.

Inviato Fri 17 Oct 14 @ 9:53 pm
Drew318PRO InfinityMember since 2012
Is anyone having problems with Virtual DJ 7 in the released version of Yosemite?

Inviato Sat 18 Oct 14 @ 12:54 am
Majorly.
VDJ8 won't even start up for me since I upgraded to Yosemite :(

Inviato Sat 18 Oct 14 @ 9:35 am
Ginger.Jesus wrote :
Majorly.
VDJ8 won't even start up for me since I upgraded to Yosemite :(

Are you using the latest beta - all your Mavericks programs should still work..

Inviato Sat 18 Oct 14 @ 9:14 pm
Upgraded to Yosmite yesterday morning and have been tinkering ever since.
VDJ7 & VDJ8 work OK on my system, however, I have found a bit sluggish performance in general with Yosmite. Eventually I downloaded a memory cleaner and discovered that as my Mac only has 4Gb RAM I'm runnin out of space and constantly getting the beachball. When not running any programs I only have around 1gb of memory available!!! If I run almost any program I find that I'm left with 10-30mb of memory left (yes that's megabytes). Hence the beachball working on overtime. I have tried the SMC and PRAM reset but didn't get any improvement.

Switching to the PC side on my bootcamped Mac I found that I have nearly 3gb of memory available when sitting idle. I have used the Mac side for DJing successfully for a few weeks now, but with Yosemite being a bit of a memory hog, I am going to DJ with the PC version for the forseeable future.

Inviato Sun 19 Oct 14 @ 4:14 am
Maybe try a clean install, it could be some unneeded process running. I have the same 4Gb Ram in my mac and in mavericks I was always getting beachballing. Now with yosemite, that is reduced a whole lot.

Inviato Sun 19 Oct 14 @ 11:04 pm
good but nothing mistake a mixing

Inviato Mon 20 Oct 14 @ 12:27 am
pseftPRO InfinityMember since 2009
with which build is this happening with?

Inviato Mon 20 Oct 14 @ 3:36 pm
OK, so here's the deal...After Upgrading to Yosemite and the latest version of iTunes, now VDJ does not recognizes the files in my iTunes folders. Yes, I checked the registry and the folder is there. All of my Folders and Songs are where they need to be, however, everytime I try to load it into one of the decks I get an error. I did a clean up and a fix to get rid of old files, I created a new iTunes Library to test. I also right clicked on Music to add all the files into the database once again and still get the same error. If I Browse for the file using the Volume route, I can play the file with no issues. The issue is with VDJ reading the iTunes folders. Is anyone looking for a fix to this?????

Inviato Mon 20 Oct 14 @ 8:15 pm
What do you mean you checked the registry - there is no registry on a mac..

Inviato Mon 20 Oct 14 @ 11:53 pm
i need more songs please for give me it.s ok 120 songs i need that songs plss

Inviato Tue 21 Oct 14 @ 7:40 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
VirtualDJ v7 is not compatible with iTunes v12 on the Mac. Your options are to upgrade your VirtualDJ to v8 or downgrade your iTunes (which may require you to reinstall/downgrade your OS) to an older version.

Inviato Tue 21 Oct 14 @ 7:57 pm
54%