Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: can I force vdj into left,right config? - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

So Im having trouble with vdj after a lockup and this time it wont work.that is it reconfigures to Automatic deck 1,2,3,4, and not Automatic left,right and that seems to lockup vdj when I try to close the program.just checked with my Hercules RMX,it sets up fine,opens in the left,right logic config.because I use the swap code mapped to a button using a two deck controller then that works.but after installing ACW xponent map which installs an aditional xml device defenition file in the device folder that resets the xponent in another sysex midi mode the whole thing is messed up.I've tried contacting ACW and various folks here but I get nothing.typical.now I can get another controller but thats not the point.I love this one and with midi in & outs it configues in various ways,but not with vdj8.So an I to be another grump knocking version 8 around? or get this thing to do what it supposed to do? simply if no one else knows,the sysex command ACW wrote has to be undone so this controller maps the way it did.So anyone?

Inviato Sun 17 Aug 14 @ 10:59 pm

Inviato Tue 19 Aug 14 @ 3:39 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The sysex used in ACWs mapper (F00020080000630E16400001F7) is the same sysex Torq sends to the unit - it's simply the sysex to tell the unit to enable LED control, instead of powering up holding Cue 2 and the keylock buttons (IIRC).

This sysex is not permanently stored in the unit, not does it change anything other than the ability to use the LEDs AFAIK.

Reset your mapping to default by deleting the definition and mapping files and ensuring that factory default is selected.

Inviato Tue 19 Aug 14 @ 8:55 pm
correct Scott...that worked once,but now it wont.being trying to hack this to left & right.I think the system does not recognize something.tell me this why it works with the Hercules RMX and also..I noticed the setting file in the folders main root titled RMX.but wont do (save?) settings for the xponent.I imagine it did before,cause it was working?

Inviato Tue 19 Aug 14 @ 9:58 pm
SBDJ wrote :
The sysex used in ACWs mapper (F00020080000630E16400001F7) is the same sysex Torq sends to the unit - it's simply the sysex to tell the unit to enable LED control, instead of powering up holding Cue 2 and the keylock buttons (IIRC).

This sysex is not permanently stored in the unit, not does it change anything other than the ability to use the LEDs AFAIK.

Reset your mapping to default by deleting the definition and mapping files and ensuring that factory default is selected.

why when I first got this It acted as a 2 deck controller only and there was nothing on program B? until I loaded ACW's mapper which clearly is scrypted for 4 decks but deck 3&4 on program B.Scott you need to lok at it again..thnx

Inviato Tue 19 Aug 14 @ 10:39 pm
I have looked at it and my comments still stand.

The sysex sent only enables the LED feedback and is not permanent. There is no sysex to change modes or anything, the switch on the front simply changes the MIDI commands. By default we don't map those. User mappers may choose to if they want.

Removing the definition and mapper files will revert back to the default VDJ mapping. If you have issues with that default mapping then you need to describe your issue in a clear and concise manner.

Inviato Wed 20 Aug 14 @ 6:10 am
Oh Okay,this isnt working,I have kept all mapping in different folders outside of vdj,did what you asked and it reboots in "Automatic deck1,2,3,4".refuses to set as left right,the program "B" has taken over decks 3&4 (where before did no action) and now it locks up contiously. I try to see if there where a backwards reset by holding other combinations of buttons and its stuck.didnt want to reinstall vdj but ....could had been the last few updates?

Inviato Wed 20 Aug 14 @ 6:54 am
The definition file and mapper built into VirtualDJ is a 2 deck setup with nothing implemented on the switches alternate position. Those controls are not defined in the definition and the definition clearly specifies 2 decks and has mapping for 2 decks.

If you are getting something on the switches alternate position then you still have a custom definition and mapper installed and in use.

Inviato Wed 20 Aug 14 @ 6:59 am
I've contacted ACW,he will look into it.But I know what I had going in VDJ8.I have memorized the various maps and even came up with a new swap code to use on the headphone button (yeah u got it..Swap AND select..though I think having this seperate allows more uptions) but was hopping this would do it.I go under config and is still at "Automatic 1,2,3,4".I then decided to test with vdj7 placing all version maps back in the system.vdj7 opened with ACW vdj7 with my mod that is swap code on Boost buttons,and suprising enough it works like it should.So the problem is in VDJ8 and/or maps...hmm...Lets see if VDJ7 closes...(seconds later)..great VDJ7 closed fine after hitting a button.So now we know is with version 8...

Inviato Wed 20 Aug 14 @ 4:10 pm
SBDJ wrote :
I have looked at it and my comments still stand.

The sysex sent only enables the LED feedback and is not permanent. There is no sysex to change modes or anything, the switch on the front simply changes the MIDI commands. By default we don't map those. User mappers may choose to if they want.

Removing the definition and mapper files will revert back to the default VDJ mapping. If you have issues with that default mapping then you need to describe your issue in a clear and concise manner.

I forgot to mention..I had gone to various Blogs & threads at Avid (mAudio) and some Dj sites about the midi sysex and found out that it reprograms the behaiviour of the controller and one source warns that it should not be tampered with.I believe the ACW's vdj7 mapper did not use the additional device sysex map and therefore works perfectly by using the simple swap code over the standard xponent map.but his VDJ8 mapper use that device "override" and BOOM...chaos!

Inviato Wed 20 Aug 14 @ 4:29 pm
FIX IT!!!!....is not like I dont believe you Scott.is just that when I debate with you it gets the gears rolling Lol.gave it some thought as I had tried everything.So I once again took out all mappers,did a backwards install of Vdj8 with the first installer still in the system (v.8.01745),then reinstalled the 64bit drivers (6.2) that did it...but now can I get my camara back? he,he,no what should i do? I downloaded the latest from cnet,do that? or wait for the updates?..and thanks SBDJ imao..edit; remember noticing something under configurations that had disappered.when I pull the map and "customized it" by adding the swap code I see another map for xponent Audio.and of course is back to "left,right" config.how does that work?

Inviato Wed 20 Aug 14 @ 9:57 pm
updates messed it up again?...I see in the mappers "onint".what is that? on initialize?

Inviato Wed 20 Aug 14 @ 10:36 pm
deleted mappers again,went to cnet and downloaded the latest version there.after another crash I disabled internal definitions and reinstalled vdj8.then remapped the swap code...so far so good.

Inviato Thu 21 Aug 14 @ 6:23 am
Okay,after a good 8 hour sleep lol...next is to replace the other mappers for my other controllers (X-session Evolution,Hercules Rmx,Stanton Scs-3m) one at a time and see if there is a conflict.

Inviato Thu 21 Aug 14 @ 4:30 pm
was working right,opening with left,right config then I forgot to delete the device Dat file (yes I'm having to do this still?) and it comes back in Automatic 1,2,3,4 and decks 3&4 are again on program B switch? WTF?...plus I noticed it looks as its not installing the updates even after a restart which worked before.jeez..I went to bed dreading that I will have to delete vdj and reinstall.why is this hapenning when it didnt before? plus hmm,not sure if the downloads at CNET are up to date but will try our downloads first.

Inviato Mon 25 Aug 14 @ 2:17 pm
Wondered about the so many updates since I reinstalled vdj8.no one told me I can get the latest at downloads.last I read was to get em at cnet! turns out that was v.1872 and v.1932 is waiting for me here lol...but I'm having to do this again in order to reset to "left,right" config?...crazy...

Inviato Mon 25 Aug 14 @ 5:18 pm
messed up again,reinstalled vdj again and I'm getting fed up! I've located another file to delete inorder to start fresh in "left,right" configuration.it is the "settings" file located in the main root folder.So I have two questions.is this the factory map for the xponent? or did someone write this for vdj? it is this that is forcing it to Automatic deck "1,2,3,4" though I'm using one controller therefore causing vdj to lockup and not shutdown...because I've tested and deleted All files and started again and remapped and is a bugger and a half!...

Inviato Mon 25 Aug 14 @ 8:57 pm
I'm sorry mate but this thread makes no sense and is impossible to follow from a support perspective.

The only recommendation I can make for you at this time is to do the following:

1. Stop deleting the .dat file - it contains all the definitions and mappings and will just be redownloaded if you delete it. It doesn't ever save anything into this file, so deleting it gets you nothing.

2. Remove the settings.xml file.

3. Remove all XML files from the devices and mappers folders.

4. Set the switch on the front of the xponent to bank A. As far as I know VDJ does not make use of bank B in it's default configuration - it's a standard 2 deck definition file.

5. Open VDJ8 and reconfigure the sound setup for headphones mode with the xponent via the automatic sound config button. Ensure the mappings tab has 'factory default' specified for the Xponent mapping. DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING ELSE.

CHANGE NO SETTINGS OR MAPPINGS OTHER THAN THE INSTRUCTIONS ABOVE. DO NOT CHANGE DECK ASSIGNMENTS OR ANYTHING.

Now test your controller. If you have issues then report back with exactly what those issues are and the exact steps to replicate them.

Inviato Tue 26 Aug 14 @ 7:25 am
my methods are very logical,Scott.and I'm very coherent thank you...it is as I reported and no one knows anything.I started messing with those files as I was told (then read in the wiki's) to remove device files and mappers and start again.but its more than that.see when I got this controller I didnt get the original discs or anything and VDJ connected to it as a two deck controller allowing me to use the deck swap code (left 1& 3.Right 2 & 4) and I did'nt know this thing behaved in 4 deck mode midi wise.neither anyone else or other wise I would had been told.so it turns out that thats the only way this will work with vdj on account that otherwise it wont swap decks via script and it locks up and wont shut down.simple you guys must then mod the default map for it not to use program "B" or go into automatic decs 1,2,3,4. comprende?

Inviato Tue 26 Aug 14 @ 2:49 pm
as for what your advice,is exactly what I've been doing (read thread).it starts up right but messes up later.but then I need to change this to 4 deck swap while maintaining the left,right logic whatever...Again..it was all working well until I installed ACW mapper which has that device xml,there was no xml in device folder before,and there was no problem.now I discovered the settings file and since I've save al these in separate folders and been studing them by opening with notepad and reading them I see part of whats happening with the drivers.that is I use the wasapi drivers set at 44.1...and not sure about if there are Asio drivers that work at 48.the system tends to show me the mAudio drivers for another device that is the mAudio fast track (a audio to usb interface mainly for guitar & mic) which I've not used with Vdj on this Alienware.its installed to use with my other music apps.anyway after getting tvdj to setup properly I can see exactly on the settings xml how that's interpreted.as for the device dat file I would like to be able to read it to study it because all I know that if I dont delete it then vdj locks up and wont shut down and everything retroverts to non-swap mode and split up into programs A& B.

Inviato Tue 26 Aug 14 @ 3:35 pm
27%