Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Is it me or should VDJ8 be further along?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

this is the first week in months that I will NOT be using VDJ8 for my wedding.

Looking forward to a better version soon... Thanks again for all the hard work.

Inviato Fri 22 Aug 14 @ 1:47 pm
Fix this version 1st... I haven't used it for more than 10 minutes before it crashed a few times. How long will VDJ8 be considered a pre-release? I was so pissed I even removed the icon from my desktop. I come back every week to the forum to see what updates are being done but all I see are updates for non relevant issues I and other long time users of VDJ posted as bugs. Most either just continue using vdj7 or moved onto other software or went back to vdj7(Ihope for Atomix's sake!). I don't see the same people on the forum posting and helping like they did with vdj7. At one point we just get fed up and move on. A lesson I learned as an electronic technician is "don't fix what's already working fine" . A few tweaks to VDJ7 would have been the best thing Atomix could have done and we would all have been as happy as pigs in sh!t...

Inviato Fri 22 Aug 14 @ 3:15 pm
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Those are my thoughts exactly funkmasterfrank!

7 was great! I'm sure they could have given it an updated look and added the features on.

It was also getting awards for best software. If they don't get it straight soon, I don't think they will get that award next time.

It doesn't seem like they are listening to us. I won't be using 8 for a long time it seems... or maybe never.

Inviato Fri 22 Aug 14 @ 4:13 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Nah I don't agree, We had a postal system that worked fine, following your thinking why would we need email?
Thinking in an electrical way, The original VDJ was a fresh electrical install, features were added and added to the point that consumer unit became a near overloaded mess that was difficult to follow or add further to.
So new stuff would over stress the old system, they need another fresh install,, so they've cabled and 2nd fixed, now they're testing, in testing they found faults that require alterations, as you know after the alterations, testing has to start again. Once testing is done next comes the snag list.

What's needed is more coders.

Inviato Fri 22 Aug 14 @ 4:28 pm
Lol, didn't realise it hadn't been officially released. I've used it out a lot now on my PC and apart from loosing my cue points, well not loosing them their there they are just harder to access as the characteristics of my controller have changed. I think its great and it is really smooth, not a single hickup.

Inviato Fri 22 Aug 14 @ 4:33 pm
It is an official release,
These threads don't help though, if you have a bug or problem report it,
Looking at the most recent 3 pages on the bugs page, the bugs are time code, some hardware, and automix, there are older bugs that haven't been addressed but not many people have brought up issue back up.
Then there's stuff that is a change of practices, which people don't like, but they'll get over it.

Inviato Fri 22 Aug 14 @ 5:03 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I'll move this to General Discussion since it's not a bug report.

Inviato Fri 22 Aug 14 @ 5:04 pm
I'm testing on my time! What happened to the "Beta" testers that were testing it for so long? It must have worked properly for them? Or maybe not! I think VDJ was forced to show the new VDJ8 to consumers as it was announced 3 years ago and every competitor caught up to them or surpassed them. I use most of the best or almost best equipment available on the market, Name me one controller/mixer/desktop or laptop model that you trust vdj8 will run for 10 hours smoothly without crashing. Since VDJ8 has been pre-released I now read of many Mac problems. More than ever! I tested on my Mac, Alienware, HP, Dell computers and it crashes very fast. I've tested and run VDJ7 without a Hiccup on them. I have a DDJ-SX, Ns-7, NS-6, M-Audio Xponent, etc. No matter which combo I tested it crashed. Using my HP and Alienware laptops stand alone I get crashes. Any suggestions from VDJ Teamers of what is a great Combo? I'll go get it tonight if you guaranty it works. Yes the sound engine is better in 8 but crashes would be embarrassing on a job site. I rather work with a poor sound engine than crashes any day! At this point the only reason I continue to use VDJ is because it can play video, karaoke and music in one program. My son keeps trying to get me to switch to Traktor and Serato. He was once a VDJ guy but he only plays music and discovered that the other software was much more advanced in sound quality and features. He never looked back! VDJ8 teased me with better sound quality and now I can't have it until the bugs are all worked out. Or the main ones at least. As a working fulltime DJ sound quality and not crashing is the most important thing.

Inviato Fri 22 Aug 14 @ 5:04 pm
To me, automix is a mess. (I have reported my problems a week ago and they have yet to be acknowledged).
Cueing is a mess (Reported)

I can not trust it at a wedding... sorry if this offends people but ager 4 months, it should work.

Inviato Fri 22 Aug 14 @ 7:51 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Comparing v7 and v8 isn't fair. V7 had three years to grow and develop. I've used the auto mix for dinner/cocktail a couple of dozen times without issue. Have you tried another computer?

Inviato Fri 22 Aug 14 @ 8:59 pm
please give me the website of text to speech........i cant add my name in my own remix songs............u can help me plzzzzzz

Inviato Fri 22 Aug 14 @ 11:21 pm
Hi Jack! Use Google translate. Also have a look at you 'Z' key it appears like it's stuck.

And to hell with this thread, Nothing is going to happen because of it.

Inviato Sat 23 Aug 14 @ 3:48 am
I have a 5 hour gig tonight, luckily it's in a venue that won't be too busy, so it won't matter so much if VDJ8 craps out on me.

I haven't had any crashes with V8 to date, but it has frozen completely on me several times now (but not sent crash reports).

My laptop is a Vaio i7, Windows 7 Pro, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD and 2gb Radeon HD 6630M graphics. It has worked flawlessly with the MC-6000 and version 7 for almost than 3 years now.

Tonight will be the test ...... if it works well then I will continue to persevere, if not then it will be V7 until the SSX2 arrives then Serato.

The guys are making headway and crashes do seem to be less frequent, but the lack of feedback from the company is an issue I have had for a long time now and it hasn't got any better.

Keith

Inviato Sat 23 Aug 14 @ 4:04 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)