Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Gemini G2V Problem - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

I purchased the Pro Version and updated my drivers, etc, but I am still struggling to get the full blue lighting effects from my controller. Unacceptable after such a long wait for the new software. I would like to know what my next move is to fix this bug?

Inviato Mon 25 Aug 14 @ 4:12 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Inviato Mon 25 Aug 14 @ 4:21 pm
I have this problem too. Worked perfectly with VDJ 7 LE but when I purchased VDJ 8 Controller license, the controller doesn't work. No Lights at all, not even fader / start/cue, nothing. I have downloaded the latest mappers and routing but still nothing. I've sent a ticket this morning and will keep you posted unless anyone else knows a fix?

Inviato Tue 26 Aug 14 @ 4:40 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006

Inviato Tue 26 Aug 14 @ 11:22 am
Thanks to DJdad for the fix. Updated the firmware and it now works. Thank you Thank you Thank you.

Now trying to find where everything is!!!

Inviato Tue 26 Aug 14 @ 2:00 pm
Yes the 8 blue LED lights that are on the controller.. the only 8 blue lights per deck. Do you even own a gemini g2v? the 8 pads on each deck, and the hot cue, auto loop, sample, and loop roll will not illuminate, along with the left and right channel monitoring level meters in between the volume faders for each deck. The only reason I bought this product was due to the fact that it was going to be designed with the virtual dj 8 in mind.

Calling for additional help to virtual dj customer service has been the worst experience as well, after 4 days of attempted calling with pro service, I met a rude foreign man who hung up on me after I told him I already updated my firmware and It still did not perform the way it is supposed to. UNACCEPTABLE VIRTUAL DJ. You release a brand new product and expect no one to have trouble? It has been over 2 weeks now after leaving my name and number for help and I have not heard from anyone. Your pro coverage is a joke.

Inviato Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 6:08 pm
If you take a look at the post right above yours, you will notice that indeed the solution to the non-working leds is the firmware update.

If the buttons and the faders work properly but not the Leds, and since both are now on the same HID protocol, the only possible cause would be the firmware version itself.
Is there a chance that the firmware has not been updated successfully ? Does Gemini offer an Utility to verify this ?

... and yes we own both G2V and G4V units and both operate properly with VirtualDJ here.

Inviato Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 12:34 am
You need to download the updater programme first. It's not a case of just downloading the new firmware and copying it over. Have you done this?

Inviato Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 7:35 am
Restore to Factory Default Had to be completed for the lights to finally illuminate. It is unknown to me how the options and tweaks menu allowed me to achieve this, but I continued to push every button on preferences until I got this result.

I would have really appreciated that gemini / virtual dj 8 have returned my calls with this simple possibility that in my preferences menu the options were not setup correctly in my software. A more detailed explanation of the preferences menu for virtual dj 8 needs to be documented even though it is regarded at "User Friendly" it is completely different that VDJ 7 Pro.

How to Correct blue LEDS on G2V Controller: 1. Follow the proper firmware update on the gemini website
2. If still not working, RESTORE TO FACTORY DEFAULT ( in the tweaks menu tab in preferences )
3. AND RESTART VDJ 8

Inviato Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 9:03 pm
or dont mess with the advanced settings unless you know what you re doing haha

Anyways.. good news. Glad you sorted this out.

Inviato Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 11:03 pm
I have downloaded all the updates, but im having sound issues. All of my led componets work properly.

Inviato Tue 30 Aug 16 @ 10:55 pm
rbf_dtrHome userMember since 2017
good day, i have a problem with my G4V. no power. thank you please help.

Inviato Fri 10 Feb 17 @ 11:07 am
good evening
I have a problem I can not connect GEMINI controller G2V sowftwer VDJ 7 LE
I bought the gimini g2v controller
I installed the ACTIVATION DISC VIRTUAL DJ LIMITED EDITION that came with the gemini g2v driver.
WHEN I OPEN VDJ 7 I ASKED YOU THE LICENSE KEY.
LICENSE IS SURE,
AFTER REQUEST SERIAL PRODUCT NUMBER,
I HAVE THE NUMBER OF IT WOULD BE ON THE PRODUCT AND ALSO CAME ON THE CD, ACTIVATION DISC VIRTUAL DJ LIMITED EDITION, ALWAYS APPEARED: SERIAL NUMBER INVALID SERIAL NUMBER INVALIDED

JA FEIS OF ALL ATE HOGE I DO NOT LIKE TO CONNECT GEMINI G2V TO VDJ 7 I ALWAYS APPRECIATE SERIOUS PRODUCT NUMBER THIS INVALID

I DO NOT KNOW WHAT I CAN DO NOW, WILL SOMEONE CAN HELP ME

Inviato Tue 14 Feb 17 @ 12:27 am
@user14680920 Please contact with our Support http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/index.html to verify that your serial number (VirtualDJ LE Keycode) is indeed valid

@user15144034 Please contact with Gemini Support. It could be a faulty unit or faulty Power Adapter.

Inviato Tue 14 Feb 17 @ 3:01 am
I recently bought a new computer. I have downloaded all the new firmware updates for g2v.
The led lights will only work in virtual dj le not bilingual dj pro. Any ideas?

Inviato Thu 06 Apr 17 @ 10:33 am
mastameeControlleristMember since 2016
I've just bought the G2V from cashcoverter, when I went to register it, it said it had already been registered, plus it never had virtual dj le cd with it. Does this mean I can't use it

Inviato Sun 24 Sep 17 @ 7:13 am
mastameeControlleristMember since 2016
I've just bought the G2V from cashcoverter, when I went to register it, it said it had already been registered, plus it never had virtual dj le cd with it. Does this mean I can't use it

Inviato Sun 24 Sep 17 @ 7:14 am
VDJ licenses are not transferable. If the previous owner registered the VDJ LE that came with the G2V then the license cannot be passed on to you.

However you are still free to buy (or rent) your own license.

You can either buy a basic Plus license, which is for home use only and will be just for the G2V - or you can buy / rent the full Pro Infinity license which allows pro use at gigs, and works with any/all controller(s).

Inviato Sun 24 Sep 17 @ 8:10 am
My Gemini g2 dj mixer controller locks up while I'm playing, how do I get it unlock without restarting the virtual DJ software

Inviato Sun 28 Oct 18 @ 2:42 pm
The controller locks up? I assume you mean the software.

You've given almost zero information, so I'll assume this is happening after 10 minutes of use. If so, that's perfectly normal. Without a license, VDJ gives you 10 minutes of assessment time.

To solve the problem, buy a license.

Inviato Sun 28 Oct 18 @ 4:55 pm
87%