Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Yamaha speaker problem

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Wonder if anybody can shed any light on this- I use a a pair of dxr12 with a dxs15 sub used these on fri night had no problems went to use again on Sunday and one of the 12's was fine the 15 sub was fine but the other 12 would only play sound from the tweeter there was zero bass on that unit- could turn up and down without clipping out. I have never pushed these past 2/3 of capability and are only 6 month old any ideas ??

Inviato Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 2:04 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I'm guessing these are active speakers
leads, would be my first guess then internal connections (amp/cross over to speaker), then I'd crack out the oscilloscope and test meter looking for the burnt bit.

Inviato Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 2:29 pm
Yes they are active - checked all leads - just baffled me as I would expect the unit to clip/protect if something had burnt/blown but you could still use the volume ok with just the tweeter working- sent back to dealer just hope they don't come back with the chargeable repair crack!! Never pushed them so fingers crossed!

Inviato Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 2:35 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Any chance someone else used them on saturday?
If still in warranty, I'd give them a ring to see if you can open it, the woofer might had come disconnected, and I'd feel a right prat carting a speaker to a store for a 30 second fix.
Then again you might have a faulty unit, if so, I'd refuse a repair I'd demand a new unit.

Inviato Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 2:43 pm
Def not used Saturday- to be fair they have sent a courier foc so will just wait and see- does sound like a loose wire to me but did not want to open and affect warranty - the whole thing has just confused me!! Prob something simple hey ho these things happen! Thanks for your advice

Inviato Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 2:48 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)