Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Buying a license for a controller that wasn't originally mine - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

TgalazControlleristMember since 2014
hi. I am sort of confused.
I want to buy the license for my Hercules RMX which my friend gave to me, but I only have VDJ Home FREE version installed and apparently you can't use any controller with this version. How am I supposed to use this licensed controller? Where do I download the Pro version?

Inviato Mon 08 Sep 14 @ 8:49 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Inviato Mon 08 Sep 14 @ 8:59 am
TgalazControlleristMember since 2014
That didn't answer my question at all

Inviato Mon 08 Sep 14 @ 9:05 am
Tgalaz wrote :
hi. I am sort of confused.
I want to buy the license for my Hercules RMX which my friend gave to me, but I only have VDJ Home FREE version installed and apparently you can't use any controller with this version. How am I supposed to use this licensed controller? Where do I download the Pro version?

You not can Download the Pro Version for this Controller for Free! You need your own license, read the Virtual DJ software EULA. You must purchase VirtualDJ Infinity or the spezifik license for this Controller under Buy, Select VirtualDJ 8 PRO "Infinity" or VirtualDJ 8 PLUS "Controller".

Other way is to use the VirtualDJ LE 7.x Version with his Serialnumber on the CD from the Controller.

Cheers Mike

Inviato Mon 08 Sep 14 @ 10:03 am
Tgalaz wrote :
That didn't answer my question at all

Your questions were, "How am I supposed to use this licensed controller? Where do I download the Pro version?" You do not have a license, the person you bought it from does, and it's not transferable. To be able to use this controller, you have several options, here.

Inviato Mon 08 Sep 14 @ 2:34 pm
HOW COME I HAVE MY SERIAL FROM MY CONTROLLER AND I SUBBMITTED IT AND STILL I AM ONLY LIMITED I THINK THIS CHANGE VIRTUAL DJ MADE IS BS I WAS ABLE TO YOU USE MY CONTROLLER B4 NOW IT SEEMS YOU HAVE TO PAY JUST TO USE IT WITH VDJ

Inviato Mon 08 Sep 14 @ 3:58 pm
WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS IN ORDER TO USE MY CONTROLER WITH THE SOFTWARE WITH OUT LIMITATIONS?

Capital Letteres are not necessary actually. According to the forum rules:
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Forum%20Rules.html
it is interpreted as 'shouting' and bad etiquette by most Internet users.
Thank you [Mod Team]

Inviato Mon 08 Sep 14 @ 3:59 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
That's what you paid for with your controller purchase, (A V7 LE licence) and that's what you've got. This hasn't changed.
You can buy a V8 controller licence.

Also stop shouting.

Inviato Mon 08 Sep 14 @ 4:21 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009

Inviato Tue 09 Sep 14 @ 4:39 am
I have 5 controllers. Let me explain, Le stands for light version. It is limited to just using the controller as it came out of the box. Now in the upgrade there is many extra things and features. In version 8 you can map and edit it. You can use the controller with the le version and it will work. It will not have all the bells and whistles but it is a great controller as I have it in my pile.

Inviato Tue 16 Sep 14 @ 10:41 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
You are right in what you are saying, just let me add this:
LE doesn't stand for light version.
It stands for "limited edition". And no, it is not "limited" because it is a rare special version. It's limited in functionality.

I'm just writing this, because there are "lite" versions out there too ;)

Inviato Wed 17 Sep 14 @ 8:44 am
onepennyControlleristMember since 2014
how do I get my controller license serial for the $99 per controller license I purchased?

Inviato Fri 06 Feb 15 @ 9:51 pm
Are you saying that you purchased a controller license, and have not received the serial number yet? When did you make this purchase? Have you logged into your account? Please give the whole story.

Inviato Sat 07 Feb 15 @ 1:25 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
There is no serial for v8 purchases. The license is tied to your account, to use it simply log onto the software with your account.

Inviato Sat 07 Feb 15 @ 4:25 am
My Pioneer DDJ Ergo came with a license and VD7 Le but when I updated to VDJ8 I purchased a $99 license thinking I had to. Did I need to buy a new license? I am confused.

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 1:09 am
I have a new controller I.e. Hercules dj Air S Series.
I know that virtualdj 8 home edition do not allow me to use this without a license. Mine license may cost $99 approximately 6900 Indian rupees.
But if I go to buy the required license I need to have a credit card which ur forum gives only one access not the other forms of online payments.
Since I don't have a credit card. In India only current account holders will be provided with credit cards which I do not have..
So..
Please my humble request to you to inform me about any other options available to buy virtualdj 8 per controller license.
Because I love virtualdj

Inviato Wed 19 Aug 15 @ 12:32 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Good point, I think they take Paypal.
This is a big issue, there will be people all over our world with the same problem.

Inviato Wed 19 Aug 15 @ 12:39 pm
Can you get someone to buy it for you who does have a credit card ?

Inviato Wed 19 Aug 15 @ 12:50 pm
It would be good if VDJ staff members was allocated to receive cash payments by registered, and insured mail.
My heart goes out to you, it must be very frustrating.

Inviato Wed 19 Aug 15 @ 12:54 pm
Please stay on topic, thank you.

Inviato Thu 20 Aug 15 @ 6:31 am
47%