Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Recurse Tag Error

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I recursed my music folder to show all 60'000 plus files to see which tracks VDJ8 had not scanned properly (about 450 tracks), one of the artists is a band called BABYMETAL with the album name same as the band but vdj8 only tagged the track names, so I highlighted the 13 tracks and entered tag editor and entered the name of the band and album name (both BabyMetal), then I accidentally clicked 'write tag' which to my horror tagged all 60'000 plus tracks artist BabyMetal and album Babymetal. is there a way to reverse that mistake?

Inviato Sat 20 Sep 14 @ 3:26 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
If you right click database.xml can you restore to a previous version?

That sounds like an error I'm not willing to test.

Inviato Sat 20 Sep 14 @ 4:01 pm
Ouch!

If I were you, I'd use Tag&Rename to repopulate the artist and title tags from the file names (assuming your files are named Artist - Title.mp3 or similar).

Inviato Sat 20 Sep 14 @ 4:02 pm
locodog wrote :
If you right click database.xml can you restore to a previous version?

That sounds like an error I'm not willing to test.

already tried that but no joy

Inviato Sat 20 Sep 14 @ 4:15 pm
Then (unfortunately) the data is gone, revert to back up, if you have one, please tell you have one or I'll cry for you.

Inviato Sat 20 Sep 14 @ 5:24 pm
It wasn't a big as a disaster after all, Luckily whatever I do in VDJ8 (ie fave folders, filter folders, Virtual folders, new tracks etc) I tend to copy the same to VDJ7, all I did was uninstall VDJ8, deleted the the data base, reinstalled VDJ8 which automatically imported all the stuff from VDJ7, then all I had to do was remember the little tweaks I use for VDJ8 and everything was good as new. Me well Happy and whatnot

Inviato Mon 22 Sep 14 @ 3:19 pm
You got away with it lightly, back up!

Inviato Mon 22 Sep 14 @ 3:30 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)