Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Help & guidance needed in purchasing the correct controller please.

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi
This is my first post and am requiring a bit of help about buying a controller. I daren't get one that is unsuitable for my needs and hopefully someone can put me in the right direction.

Firstly I've been djing for 20 years so need no help in the execution of the art.

I have recently decided to introduce video djing into my repertoire. I purchased Virtual DJ8 and got cracking downloading lots of videos from 3 of the more respected subscription sites. I also purchased a v. expensive laptop with all the right specs. So far so good..

Here goes then.. what I need is

a) a controller with an inbuilt soundcard
b) a controller that is compatible with VDJ8 straight out of the box no hassle
c) the ability to cue up videos while another one is playing

and that's it. I don't particularly need bells and whistles and don't want to spend a fortune. Such a good controller should be easy to
obtain but there are so many conflicting reviews out there. Even amazon customers give conflicting answers to the most simple of questions (i.e. is this controller compatible with VDJ8, I mean it either is or it isn't right?)

I asked another question about one controller, can you cue up videos while another is playing? The answer came back yes, but you need to know how about mapping. Sounds complicated?

Any help would be so welcomed, but please don't get too technical!

Inviato Tue 04 Nov 14 @ 11:20 am
Denon MC6000 Mk1 quite simply.

fully mapped to VDJ and has audio/video crossfader. Mics sound great too.

Keith

Inviato Tue 04 Nov 14 @ 11:27 am
Thanks for your swift response, Keith

This looks like it can be used as a stand alone mixer, as it has two speaker outputs and most of the others (budget) don't. Do the cheaper ones need to be connected to a separate mixer?

p.s I've searched your suggestion and the reviews are all good!

Inviato Tue 04 Nov 14 @ 11:33 am
Yes, it will work as an analogue mixer on it's own. It has master and booth out, and the booth out has EQ so it's nice and easy if you're in a venue where the sound needs adjusted a bit.

I've had one since they came out and apart from dodgy play buttons (which I'm guessing will be updated now on the newer units) it's been rock solid.

Other thing it has a full external sound card setup where most other are software control only. With the MC-6000 you can choose which mode of control is best for you.

Keith

Inviato Tue 04 Nov 14 @ 11:47 am
Another question. And not sure if this should be another topic..
I do a lot of karaoke nights. If two people want to sing would I need to connect this to a separate mixer or are there adapters out there?

Inviato Tue 04 Nov 14 @ 5:03 pm
I looked a little closer and saw there are 2 mic outputs. Perfect for me. Purchased!

Inviato Tue 04 Nov 14 @ 8:27 pm
No, there are two mic inputs :-P

My suggestion for karaoke work though would be to use a PA/studio style mixing desk for the mics rather than something designed for DJs.

It would give you more control over the sound, particularly if it has a compressor on each mic channel (preventing speaker/amp damage from "singers" yelling down the mic, or even dropping it. You can also get PA/studio mixers with onboard effects for reverb etc.

It needn't be expensive - e.g. Yamaha MG82CX @ around £150

Inviato Wed 05 Nov 14 @ 8:30 am
I bought the Denon & it's great. Still not figured out how to cue up videos while another one is playing though - instructions don't seem to help..

The Yamaha you mentioned, it's a good price. Could I run the Denon through that when I do my Karaoke nights?

Inviato Tue 18 Nov 14 @ 6:49 pm
Play video in deck one, load a video in deck two. Press cue button for deck two, and hit play. You should hear deck two in your head phones. It's the same as an audio file. You can run the Yamaha through the Denon, or the Denon through the Yamaha. I love my MC6000, but the buttons do not hold up. This is a known issue, that many users have experienced. Even my cue buttons require multiple pushes. For this reason, I only use it for my mobile gigs, and use my Hercules RMX2 for my club gigs. I am in the market for a new controller, but waiting to see if they update the Pioneer SZ. This is the config that I use

Inviato Wed 19 Nov 14 @ 1:29 am
I went for the Yamaha MG102c

If I want to connect this to my Denon what wires would I need and configurations? All I really need the Yamaha for is to the mics.
Thanks to anyone for help in advance, I don't want to go to Amazon and buy a load of unnecessary wires...

Inviato Tue 25 Nov 14 @ 12:31 pm
So, I want to run the Yamaha MG102c into the Denon MC6000 so I've more control over vocals when on karaoke.
Which wires run from the Yamaha into the Denon, any help would be appreciated!

Inviato Tue 25 Nov 14 @ 3:23 pm

Inviato Tue 25 Nov 14 @ 3:27 pm
You can use the record out with RCA to an input, line 1 or 2, or AUX 1 or 2 on the MC6000 with RCA. This way you can make adjustments to the mics, with the Yamaha and control the master with channel 1 or 4, on the MC6000.

Inviato Tue 25 Nov 14 @ 9:52 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I would run the Dennon XLR outputs into the 1/4" stereo inputs on a channel of the Yamaha, then run the Yamaha main out into your PA. Then you have the two mic inputs, the stereo channel from the Dennon, and a second stereo channel to run a backup audio source in case of a PC problem, or a 3rd mic for a group of singers, etc.

Inviato Fri 28 Nov 14 @ 5:06 am
My suggestion would be to find out which source (Denon v Yamaha) is the quietest in terms of hiss/hum levels on the output, and use that as the last mixer before the PA system.

So if the Denon has less noise, use that to feed the PA and hook the Yamaha up via a channel on the Denon so it can turned down when not required.

You don't want to ruin a nice quiet system by sticking a noisy mixer in the way. :-)

Inviato Fri 28 Nov 14 @ 5:17 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)