Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: i found a kick ass sale :) That is Cheap Stanton SCS3D :) (UPDATE) - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

i had to make a video about it

*(youtube link removed)*

https://www.pssl.com/Search?q=scs3d&x=0&y=0

side note i have a sponsor at the end sry about that not trying to spam

i got my self 2 . im going to try it with the new vdj and mixvibes :)

Inviato Wed 19 Nov 14 @ 3:15 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003

Not a great deal

Inviato Wed 19 Nov 14 @ 3:30 pm
woooow the shipping

Inviato Wed 19 Nov 14 @ 4:05 pm
Wow. Thanks! Only 10 bucks shipping for me

Inviato Wed 19 Nov 14 @ 9:34 pm
espepePRO InfinityMember since 2009
question can i use with vdj 8

Inviato Wed 19 Nov 14 @ 10:49 pm
that last time i seen it was supported by vdj 7
also you can map it with the Stanton software

now i have not used vdj in years as mixvibes was my go to but i plan to use both
i am going to make a video about it . i hope to be able to post here

Inviato Thu 20 Nov 14 @ 5:24 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Shipping was $15 for me, 2 of them are on the way for $25
Thank you for the find!

Inviato Thu 20 Nov 14 @ 7:30 pm
its not a prob at all :)

Inviato Thu 20 Nov 14 @ 9:43 pm
I just bought the whole package, because I didn't have anything else to do with the money. You can always get a better price, even when it's on sale. I will keep it on my desk to practice. I bought a few other things, and got a really great deal, so free shipping. I am still looking for a new controller, because the buttons on the MC600, are starting to give me a headache.

Inviato Fri 21 Nov 14 @ 1:08 am
Rick,

The MC6000 buttons can be replaced. All you need is 3 hours, a soldering iron and two fingers that don't mind being burned.

Inviato Fri 21 Nov 14 @ 1:44 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Just a heads up here.

We have recently came across a case with a user who could not operate his Stanton SCS3d unit with VirtualDJ. After investigation we realized that his unit was sending totally different MIDI notes than the originally supported model.
It may be a second generation unit, we emailed Stanton about and awaiting for their reply/feedback.

So be careful with those, make sure you can return the units back in case they fall into the case above.

Inviato Fri 21 Nov 14 @ 2:24 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
At that price I'd just buy them for the electronics inside.

Inviato Fri 21 Nov 14 @ 5:14 am
djdad wrote :
Just a heads up here.

We have recently came across a case with a user who could not operate his Stanton SCS1d unit with VirtualDJ. After investigation we realized that his unit was sending totally different MIDI notes than the originally supported model.
It may be a second generation unit, we emailed Stanton about and awaiting for their reply/feedback.

So be careful with those, make sure you can return the units back in case they fall into the case above.

Good to know, thank you.
I plan on using them for effects controllers with my CDJ's, so I'll be remapping any way.

Inviato Fri 21 Nov 14 @ 6:58 am
Kradcliffe, that sounds like a plan, but for that much trouble, I would send it back to Denon. I saw a demo of this, maybe it was from you. If I go this route, I'll ask you for some help. Djdad, thanks for the heads up. A lot of times, I buy this kind of stuff, and it will sit in a box for months before I open it. I will not do that this time.

Inviato Fri 21 Nov 14 @ 11:58 am
I also ordered a twin pack with $15 shipping a few days ago, should be here by the end of next week.

Looks like they're out of stock or discontinued now.

Thanks for the heads up.

Inviato Sat 22 Nov 14 @ 3:52 am
Got this thing, and what a mess. I bought this thing because of the price, to have a setup to practice with, on my desk. It was never going to leave the house, because I am a knobs, button kind of guy, but for $60.00, what the hell. It failed to install fully, everything did but "unknown device". I was not too worried because it's not supposed to need any drivers. It worked at first, or so I thought. I did not read the manual, just started fooling around, and then it froze. After a reboot, all hell broke loose. Would not play in the correct player, speeding up the bpm, and then back again, and speeding up again. Even after disconnecting, VDJ had the same issues, so had to reboot. If someone has this working on a PC with Win 7, VDJ8, let me know. Otherwise it's going back very quickly. I don't have a lot of time to try to get it to work. I will just get a small Hercules for my desk. It's not a deal, if it's sitting in the garage. Also, did not install the LE or the other software, from the disc.

Inviato Thu 04 Dec 14 @ 1:27 pm
Sorry to hear your having trouble bud.
I did not get the SCS3M (mixer), just the two decks.
I had a goofy usb connection at first, unplugging and replugging fixed that. Try adding one device at a time. First the mixer, since it has the hub built in. Then one deck at a time. If that has an issue, try without the mixer.

I have windows 7 64bit with VDJ 8. The default mapping for the decks also works. If the computer only sees one deck, then the one will control decks 1&2. If it sees both, it will do left decks for the first controller it detected, then right for the next.

Inviato Thu 04 Dec 14 @ 1:56 pm
blckjck, thanks for the info. I added one player at a time and then the mixer (usb device not recognized), and it works. However, this defeats the purpose for me, taking up three usb ports. I actually have plenty, but three usb cables on my desk is a little too messy for me. I will try with the usb ports on the mixer, and see if that works out. So this is the make or break question, where the puck is the load track function. I don't even see one on the Stanton skin.

Inviato Thu 04 Dec 14 @ 5:32 pm
I assumed it was a mixer function not a deck function. Since I didn't have the mixer, I didn't know for sure.
I remapped the sync and tap buttons for other things, one is a load/eject for the tap button. I don't need to tap the BPM, I can fix the grid if needed.

Inviato Thu 04 Dec 14 @ 6:00 pm
very nice

Inviato Sat 06 Dec 14 @ 7:47 am
87%