Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Controllers - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

ThelemaPRO InfinityMember since 2010

This must have been asked about a thousand times, but here goes.

I want to buy a good, cheap controller to mix at home. The last one I had was a Numark Mixtrack Pro but I made a dumb move and sold it. I want one which has good pretty much the same, basic functions that a lot of cheap controllers don’t seem to have, which is the ability to select the fx you want from the available effects on the software, and not only browse through them, but also to control their size and amount.

I found a couple of controllers with similar functions, such as the Gemini First Mix Pro and the Numark – Total Control, but maybe your input would help me decide.

Tips?

Thanks!
J.

Inviato Thu 04 Dec 14 @ 6:30 pm
Good and cheap, how does that work? What is your budget, exactly? This way, we can cut to the chase. Give you some options, and then you can make a decision, based on what feels better to you.

Inviato Thu 04 Dec 14 @ 6:58 pm
Not sure, maybe 250 bucks, give or take? I don't need anything too professional, just something to mix at home and provide the functions I mentioned.

Inviato Thu 04 Dec 14 @ 7:35 pm
For $250 you can get a decent controller. Do you need microphone input?

Inviato Thu 04 Dec 14 @ 11:02 pm
A microphone input and a soundcard within the controller are not essential, but a plus (mostly the soundcard thing). Most of all, I need the ability to scroll through effects and be able to mess around with them on the controller itself, instead of having to use the mouse.

Inviato Thu 04 Dec 14 @ 11:14 pm

Inviato Fri 05 Dec 14 @ 3:00 am
I think a American Audio VMS2 is a very good Analog Mixer/ Midi-Controller too for you ,have a good Buildt in Soundcard and i have themself this model since Christmas 2011,and have not any Problems with this in the Package onby VDJ LE or with the VDJ 7 Pro Full or VDJ 8 Pro Infinity.

http://www.americandj.eu/en/vms2.html?___from_store=de

I use this Controller for my Mobile Disco and at Home too,and love the 19 Inch Brackets to buildt in in a 19" Rack
The Sound for me is very good.

When you will Mix with 4 Decks in VDJ,than look for the American Audio VMS4.1 is the greater Modell of this,self good Soundcard and more,but have not test this Modell,have hear that this good too.

greatings,Dirk

Inviato Fri 05 Dec 14 @ 3:14 am
Thanks for your input, folks!

Inviato Fri 05 Dec 14 @ 12:47 pm
So I think it's come down to either the DDJ-SB or the Behringer CMD Studio 4a. The DDJ-WeGo2 seems neat, but the whole thing about using the platters to control effects just seems weird. From what I've seen, I think both controllers I mentioned allow you to browse through the effects and use them at will, even if they only have one knob to control said effects. Plus, the DDJ-SB has a filter on it, so that's pretty neat.

Thoughts?

Also, for those of you who use the Behringer, what's the "FX Assign" button for?

Thanks!

Inviato Sun 07 Dec 14 @ 2:46 pm
hello Thelema!
Have you here from this,think is a good Idea for you,and you have 2xfly with 1x Clap=
A good Midicontroller and a VDJ Pro

Iself dont know the Pioneer DDJ SZ,but think is a good Controller

greatings,Dirk

Pioneer DDj SZ with a spezial VDJ 8 Pro Infinity:

http://djworx.com/pioneer-ddj-sz-virtualdj-8-officially-friends/

Inviato Mon 08 Dec 14 @ 7:30 am
He said he wants a cheap controller...

The SZ is probably the most expensive controller on the market so far!

:-)

Inviato Mon 08 Dec 14 @ 9:54 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
the point is... how cheap is cheap ???
Hercules RMX II
AA VMS 2
Pioneer DDJ SB
are favorable controllers for example
a good and not to expensive controller to control effects comfortable is the VMS 4.1

Inviato Mon 08 Dec 14 @ 10:10 am
Well, as of this moment, I'm having a hard time deciding between the DDJ-SB, the Denon MC2000, the Mixtrack Pro II and the Reloop Beatmix 2.

Inviato Mon 08 Dec 14 @ 10:30 am
Best is to test it in a store if possible.
Haptic of a controller is also important

Inviato Mon 08 Dec 14 @ 11:04 am
Unfortunately I don't really have any DJ stores around where I can try them out, otherwise I would. I've been basing my "choices" on youtube videos and reviews.

Inviato Mon 08 Dec 14 @ 12:23 pm

Inviato Mon 08 Dec 14 @ 2:44 pm
Oh, thanks!

Inviato Mon 08 Dec 14 @ 4:25 pm
One thing I will say, though, now that it's pretty much about the DDJ-SB or the Mixtrack Pro 2, is that I love using the Echodoppler on VDJ and I often use it (both parameters to create a build-up effect), and I don't think I'd be able to use both parameters on the DDJ-SB since there's only one knob per effect.

Inviato Mon 08 Dec 14 @ 9:48 pm
Yeah... focused on that... it is true....

Inviato Tue 09 Dec 14 @ 2:05 am
I have a pioneer ddj sx2 and it comes with serato dj but want to use vdj. how do i do this

Inviato Fri 23 Jan 15 @ 7:10 pm
83%