Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Slipped To The Dark Side......... - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

As some of you know, I have always been a desktop man. Yesterday I received my ASUS G751JT-DH72, specs here. I've never had to optimize, can be online, rip, virus protection scanning and running, everything going with no issues. I have 8TB internal, plus 128SSD, 23inch monitor, wireless card, nVidia 660 GTX, in a small form factor case. I decided to treat myself, and am testing this laptop at home, before going live. I have an issue I can't figure out. My text is distorted in the record case, can someone help me out? You can see the distortion happening as I move the cursor around. This is just a snapshot.

Inviato Fri 12 Dec 14 @ 2:33 pm
Have you tried any other skins? Maybe try a different resolution on the lappy.

Inviato Fri 12 Dec 14 @ 2:52 pm
I'm using the default skin, and to be honest, I love the resolution which is 1920x1080, the same as the skin. I just noticed that it's not all the files, only the ones with long titles. I will look in config.

Inviato Fri 12 Dec 14 @ 3:00 pm
you might look in your graphic settings and see if it has a setting for high quality and switch it on

i know that has been a issue for some people

Inviato Fri 12 Dec 14 @ 3:04 pm
Got it. Config/Browser/BrowserTextFit, set to scroll. It was set to smart. Thanks guys.

EDIT It also helps if you lower the font size. Already missing the 23 inch monitor.

Inviato Fri 12 Dec 14 @ 3:08 pm
ah ha, glad you sorted it. I couldn't reproduce the issue.

Inviato Fri 12 Dec 14 @ 3:09 pm
I can see I will need a lot of help, as this is the first laptop I will try to gig with, and first time with Win 8.1. Any suggestions would be deeply appreciated. I have a soft gig tomorrow, but don't think I will be confident to use.

Inviato Fri 12 Dec 14 @ 3:19 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008

Inviato Fri 12 Dec 14 @ 6:39 pm
Thanks, that one looks great. What laptop are you using, and do you do video?

Inviato Fri 12 Dec 14 @ 7:17 pm
Micro Express Custom, The second fan that I listed which I also use has a better CFM rating @ 115.7cfm @ 600rpm with a 50,000 hour service life, better then any high priced unit I've seen yet..

...and yes videos 85%, including karaoke.

Check this out. http://www.microexpress.net/?mod=10&id=749

Inviato Fri 12 Dec 14 @ 7:48 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Did you get the "laptop cookies"? We always have cookies on the dark side....

Inviato Sat 13 Dec 14 @ 11:41 am
What cookies, I just got a lapdance. I knew she was holding out.

Inviato Mon 15 Dec 14 @ 2:34 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I've found I do not need a fan for mine. I do have to disassemble it once a year and remove all the dust bunnies that build up inside it though. I use a laptop stand that does not block the air vents. Do not let it sit on a fabric or rubber that will mold around or fill the air intakes and exhaust. I do have a pretty wimpy little laptop, so I do optimize. Nice laptop you picked up.

Inviato Tue 23 Dec 14 @ 10:29 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I use an ASUS G750JX, doesn't need any external cooling either (in my environment at least).

Nice laptop Rick :)

Inviato Tue 23 Dec 14 @ 10:52 am
Well sorry to say that Heat does effect the longevity of your processor and performance, so yeah, you don't Need a Fan to operate your laptop, but chances are if you don't use a Fan you'll wind up cooking something in your laptop sooner rather then later. It's like having an insurance policy.

Inviato Tue 23 Dec 14 @ 11:17 am
That is entirely dependent on the machine though - a well built machine will have adequate cooling. The built in fan setup on my ASUS is capable of keeping the system within decent temperature ranges without extra cooling.

My previous 2 gig machines have also been the same and are both still alive and kicking, one of which is 8 years old :)

In fact I'd say the worst machine I have for cooling is my MBP.

Inviato Tue 23 Dec 14 @ 12:33 pm
Agreed, I have4 Toshiba's that have no cooling issues, as long as I keep them clean. One of them, a P4, is still a working backup.
Unfortunatly, there are a lot of manufacturers that didn't not adequately design their cooling system.

Inviato Tue 23 Dec 14 @ 1:22 pm
... sure, It's true most laptops today are adequate under normal mp3 operation, but at full throttle while doing a video show is another matter, I say more is better then maybe.

Inviato Tue 23 Dec 14 @ 1:34 pm
Again, I disagree. Almost all my shows are video and I've never needed extra cooling.

Inviato Tue 23 Dec 14 @ 1:39 pm
An example would be that my dual core and Intel HD graphics chipset has been running Timecode and video for the last 4 hours with its internal fan on low.

Inviato Tue 23 Dec 14 @ 1:44 pm
63%